"uneeksupply" obd0-obd1 harness, need help - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2013, 12:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default "uneeksupply" obd0-obd1 harness, need help

Hey everyone, so a couple months ago I bought an ebay harness from uneeksupply. Here's the link to it: ECU Conversion Jumper Harness OBD0 to OBD1 Fit Honda | eBay ... 1439.l2649
I'm trying to wire up everything on the subharness, and the item never came with instructions. I literally spent a couple hours tracing each wire to the pin location and labeling them, before I found this: https://uneeksupply.3dcartstores.com/as ... al%203.pdf their "instruction manual".
So my questions are
1. The power grounds, I can just hook them up to any ground on the chassis, right? I know this is a dumb question, just wanting to be safe.
2. The yellow wire that goes to D4 is for the Service Check Signal. That's perfectly understandable, but there's a wire spliced into it that goes to pin B20 on the obd0 side that's for the "ignition timing adjusting connector". Is it supposed to be like that? If so, from what I could gather I just leave that yellow wire disconnected and away from any grounds.
3. Since I'm going obd1, I have a 4-wire O2 sensor. The company's pinout diagram shows only wires for the O2, so I'm thinking the last wire I need is the one still on my original harness originally intended for the 1-wire O2. Is that correct?

P.S. My car is an 89 CRX DX converted to MPFI, with a d15b2/d16z6 mini me. I can take any pictures if necessary. These should be stupid easy things to answer, and I'm sure many of you have done something very similar, if not exactly the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

Pics of the power ground and where it comes from.

D4 is a ground for the cel. Only needs to be grounded when checking for codes or doing timing adjustments.

Pics of the o2 wires coming off the ecu plugs from the jumper harness,need to see what there are. And where there coming from to tell you what they are.

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2013, 01:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
ministry of mayhem!

Rep Power: 48 eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eddcartes Send a message via Yahoo to eddcartes

next time get wiring from this guy ^^^^^ or Onatop.

Evil spirits beautiful naked girl live boobs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #666!
rip emilio gallardo (milo). outstanding father, spouse, friend and member of dso. you will always be missed.

rip, patprimmer. last of the titans.

one thing i've learned from this job is to always keep a pack of cheese for your whine.

my ED6 build thread:

my dyno compe build:

eddcartes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jzdreamin View Post
Pics of the power ground and where it comes from.

D4 is a ground for the cel. Only needs to be grounded when checking for codes or doing timing adjustments.

Pics of the o2 wires coming off the ecu plugs from the jumper harness,need to see what there are. And where there coming from to tell you what they are.
Alright, I'll get pictures either later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddcartes View Post

Yeah, maybe if he didn't live clear across the country :P
Old 10-13-2013, 11:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Here's the pictures. Power grounds circled in black, O2 wires in red. In case my terrible pictures are giving you a headache, I'm going to write where each one pins into below to try making things easier.

Black= Pin A23 obd1 side (power ground) & pin A2 obd0 side (main relay/ground)
Pink= Pin B1 obd1 side (power ground) & pin A15 obd0 side (main relay)
White= Pin D14 obd1 side (primary O2)
Blue= Pin A6 obd1 side (primary O2 sensor heater control)
Red= Pin A25 obd1 side (ignition power source) & pin A13 obd0 side (main relay) <--- Pinouts I look at say ignition power source, but the company says it's the O2 power. Forgot to mention that on the first post. Seems like this one doesn't have anything to do with the O2, so either the company made a mistake in their manual, or I'm just wrong.

Thanks, Andrew

Oh, and ignore the messy room in the background :P

Last edited by bairdandrew77; 10-13-2013 at 11:07 PM.
bairdandrew77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2013, 11:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

All the wires you need are there.

A23,24 & 26 are grounds for ecu and main relay.

A25 & B1 (pink) is a switched power source from main relay to ecu/o2 sensor. The 4 wire o2 sensor needs this power source for the heater part.

D14(white) is the o2 signal wire.

A6(blue) is o2 heater.

You should all so have a wire from d21 for the o2. It's the sensor ground from the ecu.

D4 is a ground for the cel. Only needs to be grounded when checking for codes or timing adjustments.

You will all so have two wires for VTec. These wires only need to be hooked up if you have a VTec ecu and head.

Hope this helps. Didn't notice the room till you said it.

instagram @magicman9won4
Old 10-14-2013, 04:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Rep Power: 22 rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I thought this was my thread from 2 years ago.

I did get mine figured out with 2jzdreamin's help.

Searching for thread.....

https://www.d-series.org/forums/engin...ht=uneeksupply
You link all the grounds, then wire each solenoid into the spark plug wires, that way they hit sequentially as the engine fires. This creates what I like to call asphalt shattering VTEC.

Last edited by rico58204; 10-14-2013 at 04:43 AM.
rico58204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2013, 10:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddcartes View Post

thanks edd

instagram @magicman9won4
Old 10-14-2013, 11:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jzdreamin View Post
All the wires you need are there.

A23,24 & 26 are grounds for ecu and main relay.

A25 & B1 (pink) is a switched power source from main relay to ecu/o2 sensor. The 4 wire o2 sensor needs this power source for the heater part.

D14(white) is the o2 signal wire.

A6(blue) is o2 heater.

You should all so have a wire from d21 for the o2. It's the sensor ground from the ecu.

D4 is a ground for the cel. Only needs to be grounded when checking for codes or timing adjustments.

You will all so have two wires for VTec. These wires only need to be hooked up if you have a VTec ecu and head.

Hope this helps. Didn't notice the room till you said it.
Thanks! I'll try to get everything wired up when I have free time and update the results. Repped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico58204 View Post
I thought this was my thread from 2 years ago.

I did get mine figured out with 2jzdreamin's help.

Searching for thread.....

https://www.d-series.org/forums/engin...ht=uneeksupply
Yeah I tried reading that exact thread before posting, but none of the colors were matching up and I was getting more confused haha. Kind of looks like uneeksupply used to use the same manual hamotorsports has on their website, which is why the colors were different
Old 10-18-2013, 01:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Ok something I can't figure out...
Above you said "A25 & B1 (pink) is a switched power source". But A25 is red for power source and B1 is pink for power ground. So it seems like A25 is for the power wire on the O2, but where does the B1 power ground go? Do I just ground it to chassis ground along with the other wires, or does it go to a certain location? Another thing I thought of doing was splicing A25 with B1 for the O2, but that sounds dumb and I don't want to ruin anything. Currently the wires A23, A26 and B2 are being grounded under the passenger side dash.

Last edited by bairdandrew77; 10-18-2013 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Posted too soon
bairdandrew77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bairdandrew77 View Post
Ok some things I can't figure out...
Above you said A25 & B1 (pink) is a switched power source. A25 is red and B1
On the obd1 ecu plug b1 and a25 are both powers. I'm not going by colors,I'm going off of there location in the ecu plugs. The maker of the obd0 to obd1 jumper harness could have used random wire colors.

instagram @magicman9won4
Old 10-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

Ok I think I see what you're saying. I was looking around some more and found some pinouts that say B1 goes to A25 and A25 is *to main relay and to ground for o2*. So if they're both a switched power for the O2 like you said before, should I splice B1 with A25 then wire up the O2 sensor accordingly? I should have everything else figured out on the subharness by now, just not sure what to do with B1.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

you shouldn't have to splice anything,it should all ready be done in the jumper harness...

can you post a full pics of the jumper harness and the sub harness?

instagram @magicman9won4
Old 10-21-2013, 04:08 PM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

Yeah I'll take some when I can. But A25 and B1 don't connect to eachother in any way on the jumper harness
Old 10-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

They should in the obd-0 ecu wiring.

instagram @magicman9won4
Old 10-22-2013, 03:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

Really? In the OBD0 side one goes to A13 and the other to A15. They don't connect or splice into eachother in any way at all, as shown in the first 3 pics on post 5. They both go to the main relay, but I still don't know what to do with the OBD1 B1/OBD0 A15 wire that is currently sitting unconnected. Some places say it's a power ground, you and other places say it's a power source, some say it goes to the A25 OBD1 side. So it seems I either combine it with the A25 wire, or ground it. And I don't want to accidentally fry something if I do the wrong thing.
Rico58204, what did you end up doing with that pink wire? I'm honestly thinking of getting a Rywire or Boomslang harness at this point.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Post pics of the full jumper harness so I can see it better.

instagram @magicman9won4
Old 10-22-2013, 04:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

Old 10-22-2013, 04:37 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series G0D

You don't need to do any thing with the pink or red wires at the ecu plugs. There for the o2 sensor and the iab(gsr).

4 wire O2 sensor wiring is

Power=red a25 or pink b1

Signal white d14

Sensor ground d21

Heater wire a6 blue
VTec wiring

A4 and d6 not sure on the wire colors as I can't see them

Knock sensor wire

D3. Looks to be the orange wire. Not needed.

The wires i didn't list is cause I can't see them. I don't want to tell you the wrong thing. All so some of the wires are not needed.

instagram @magicman9won4

Last edited by 2jzdreamin; 10-22-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
n00b

Oh wait, so with A25 & B1, I just use one or the other for the O2 power?
A17 D3 & D4 (IAB, KS, SCS) are tucked away unused. Everything else is currently hooked up properly so I didn't try getting them in the picture. I guess whichever I don't use on the O2, I just tuck away? Sorry you had to explain things multiple times, that B1 wire was just kicking my ass
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in