02 simulator - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Default 02 simulator

So I dont know if this should be posted here or in the diy. Its not much of a diy just what i did. Mods feel free to move it.

So I been using the spark plug no fouler trick for the rear o2 sensor like most of you.
Well long story short my o2 has gone out. Obd2 scan show 1.27 volts and i get a code for rear o2 voltage high.
Basically my o2 sensor is dead and isnt reading anything. I been riding with the light on and its been bugging me so i decided to do something about it.

I build a electric o2 simulator.
Many of you have probably seen this diagram online.

Now most of you cant read that for shit. And those who can probably get confused when you try to put it together. Idk why they made the diagrams like that when the chip isnt build like that.

So i transfer the diagram to my breadboard then made my own diagram.
I always make them on graph paper since it copies a breadboard or project board lay out. Just solder across and all is good.

Here my revise of it.

And the finally build all solder up and retested.
I tape up the bottom and hotglue the top. I plan to put it into a box or remake one with a pcb board.
(taped up and hotglue board not pix
I did some in house testing and it works good.
I did test it on the car but i still need some resistor for the o2 sensor heater.
2x 10watt 10ohm will do the trick but radioshack didnt have any and havent made a trip to frys yet.

But im probably going to just use my o2 sensor and wire the sim to the ecu.
It should fix all the problems and pass emission. ( i dont have testings until feb 2014)

I hope this helps out some of you guys.
And price for this is cheap. In fact i had every part needed but the 22uf cap which i could of desolder from something. But thats me i order a ton of stuff long time ago.

*edit

best place for resistor codes if anyone needs to know.
http://www.electronics2000.co.uk/cal...calculator.php
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0466.jpg
Views:	2067
Size:	967.6 KB
ID:	51329   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0465.jpg
Views:	2706
Size:	678.4 KB
ID:	51337   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0461.jpg
Views:	2560
Size:	813.8 KB
ID:	51345  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by xile6; 09-20-2013 at 11:09 AM.
xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2013, 11:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Sick write up!!!

So it basically just "pretends" its an o2 sensor which is reading 14.7?

Awesome shit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
セックス大好き

Rep Power: 43 moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Badass!!! I had a aftermarket one on my dodge truck with a gutted cat. I could never find them anywhere else though.

Sick write up dude!! Straight pipe everything lol

1993 240sx Coupe * GONE * Farewell old friend..

1992 240sx Coupe * Awaiting 1JZ-GTE * New Drift Build

199X 240sx RHD 3S-GE 6MT * On-the-back-burner * Track Car Project

Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops
moss500berg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerD View Post
Sick write up!!!

So it basically just "pretends" its an o2 sensor which is reading 14.7?

Awesome shit!
Yep it gives the ecu a nice reading telling it that all is good with the cat.

. RIP

Old 09-20-2013, 11:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Repped!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2013, 12:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss500berg View Post
Badass!!! I had a aftermarket one on my dodge truck with a gutted cat. I could never find them anywhere else though.

Sick write up dude!! Straight pipe everything lol
the people who made them got shut down by the gov't a few years back
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2013, 01:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebox_civic View Post
How can they sut them down like that, as long as when they sell it the box says for "off road/racing use only, illegal to install on street vehicle."

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2013, 01:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebox_civic View Post
Yea in the end they shut down everyone, only place i seen selling it is oversea and they want $90-$100 and some cant ship to the USA, but freedom of speech give your the right to post diagrams and what not. Just cant sell them ;D

I was going to buy one back in the day they wanted $40 plus shipping. Then i was like hell i can make one just never got around to cause i didnt have a need to, but as said that cel has been bugging the hell out of me.
So for less then $15 and some time you can make your own.

and thanx for the rep guys. If i get some time ill post a video of it in action.

. RIP

Old 09-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

So just updating this.
I went to frys and found the 10watt 10ohm resistor. 2bucks for 2.

(damn good pix for a cellphone lol)
I test install them and the light went off, but the resistors get a little to hot for me liking so i plan to mount them in the engine bay where the heat wont effect anything.

I dont wanna melt any plastic or burn the carpet in the cabin.

Here is a pix of what im working with now. I solder one end of the resistors together and the other end has 2 leads going to the o2 sensor clip.

Also ran into a small problem where the output of the sim was getting to .9 volts. Thats a lil to high and would give a reading of rich. Found out it did this because when the car is started it puts out 14volts vs 12v while no running. But simple enough to counter. Im going to add a resistor to the power wire on the sim and it will drop the output volts.

I also think my leds are of different volts then the diagram. They ask for 1.7 volts but i think i have either 1.5 or 2v leds.

Oh Well ill try to get this all finish this week end and see how long and if the lights comes back on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0482.jpg
Views:	2045
Size:	471.8 KB
ID:	51377   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0483.jpg
Views:	2168
Size:	547.7 KB
ID:	51385  

. RIP

Last edited by xile6; 09-21-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 8 dseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6 View Post
So I dont know if this should be posted here or in the diy. Its not much of a diy just what i did. Mods feel free to move it.

So I been using the spark plug no fouler trick for the rear o2 sensor like most of you.
Well long story short my o2 has gone out. Obd2 scan show 1.27 volts and i get a code for rear o2 voltage high.
Basically my o2 sensor is dead and isnt reading anything. I been riding with the light on and its been bugging me so i decided to do something about it.

I build a electric o2 simulator.
Many of you have probably seen this diagram online.

Now most of you cant read that for shit. And those who can probably get confused when you try to put it together. Idk why they made the diagrams like that when the chip isnt build like that.

So i transfer the diagram to my breadboard then made my own diagram.
I always make them on graph paper since it copies a breadboard or project board lay out. Just solder across and all is good.

Here my revise of it.

And the finally build all solder up and retested.
I tape up the bottom and hotglue the top. I plan to put it into a box or remake one with a pcb board.
(taped up and hotglue board not pix
I did some in house testing and it works good.
I did test it on the car but i still need some resistor for the o2 sensor heater.
2x 10watt 10ohm will do the trick but radioshack didnt have any and havent made a trip to frys yet.

But im probably going to just use my o2 sensor and wire the sim to the ecu.
It should fix all the problems and pass emission. ( i dont have testings until feb 2014)

I hope this helps out some of you guys.
And price for this is cheap. In fact i had every part needed but the 22uf cap which i could of desolder from something. But thats me i order a ton of stuff long time ago.

*edit

best place for resistor codes if anyone needs to know.
http://www.electronics2000.co.uk/cal...calculator.php
So we follow that scematic and it tells the computer it has an o2 but with no o2? Right? I got a buddy who makes little electronics stuff like this. Gonna send it to him and have him make me one. Would I need one per o2 or will one suffice?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

instagram @theerroneouspenguin
dseriesboulder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2013, 03:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

It's only for the rear o2 so of it's not a civic and a v6 or v8 your need 2.
If you only do one you might cit your voltage in half giving almost no reading.

. RIP

Old 09-25-2013, 12:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

an update for those who care.
I didnt get around to putting in the resistor so said forget it and install everything as is.

Well a lil more then 300miles and light is still off. and obd2 scanner had everything ready the day after install.

. RIP

Old 09-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Add a 5V regulator to the power everything and then scale your resistor ladder to get the proper voltage swing at the output - then the device won't care if the motor is running or not. Less than a dollar to make it perfectly stable...

Kirk
Old 09-25-2013, 12:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpilot View Post
Add a 5V regulator to the power everything and then scale your resistor ladder to get the proper voltage swing at the output - then the device won't care if the motor is running or not. Less than a dollar to make it perfectly stable...

Kirk
yea i got like 20 volt regs lol.. I order a ton of parts for some of my other stuff i do.
I also made a digital keylock for doors and safes n stuff. reporgramable code and uses a lot of the same parts. Order in bulk online and part less then radioshack for one.

But yea the voltage is swing between .9 and .7 high then .2 - .3 low so all is good. Reading look good and the ecu seems to like them.
It would pass an emission test right now so all is good.

. RIP

Old 09-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

lol
Its cool to see a 555 timer still used for something nowadays.
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2013, 01:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
How can they sut them down like that, as long as when they sell it the box says for "off road/racing use only, illegal to install on street vehicle."
probably because it's explicitly made to circumvent the law and has no legitimate purpose otherwise...

http://www.epa.gov/compliance/resour.../casper-cd.pdf

read the last two pages
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2013, 02:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
Live,love,laugh,be real

Rep Power: 39 4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

when i needed on for the EJ8 i just paid $15 for one on 02simulator.com

R.I.P. my mom - I miss you
10/3/1945-6/16/2007

R.I.P. - MiloReaper & Pat Primmer

96' CE1 Lx - Wags

04' Pilot EXL - Black Pile - Love it

is your friend, try it

[youtube ][ /youtube]

4Door is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in