Wire tuck install info needed... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 07:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 DelSolMike is da #1 stunnaDelSolMike is da #1 stunnaDelSolMike is da #1 stunnaDelSolMike is da #1 stunnaDelSolMike is da #1 stunnaDelSolMike is da #1 stunnaDelSolMike is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Default Wire tuck install info needed...

I'm looking at cleaning up my engine bay a bit by ordering one of those Rywire harnesses... I'm not the most handy when it comes to this stuff but I'm just wondering how involved of a process is it? Whats all involved? Is it pretty much plug and play for the most part? Take out the old harness and plug in the new? Are there any write ups on this? I've done some searching and came up with people asking about specific problems, or doing completely custom jobs... Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
DelSolMike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2013, 07:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 19 civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

yea thats why you pay for rywire. so you dont have to do anything.

pull old harness out. put new harness in. possibly send old harness back cuz they may require a core idk lol.

i think on his site you say specifically what car and engine is being used also if ac and any other add ons are used then they make you the harness. i think. i havnet been on his site in a wile.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

civicdxude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2013, 08:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Tucking is actually very easy, just a little time consuming. Start by tucking your head light looms. Requires a little cutting a little soldering and some extra wire, start on the engine bay. The main harness in the bay on requires i think 3 wires to be lengthened.

GLOP

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6
TD04H 15G @ 22.6psi ??WHP

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
If you see smoke don't insert face?
If any of this confuses you die!
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
CaliLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 08:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 DelSolMike is da #1 stunnaDelSolMike is da #1 stunnaDelSolMike is da #1 stunnaDelSolMike is da #1 stunnaDelSolMike is da #1 stunnaDelSolMike is da #1 stunnaDelSolMike is da #1 stunna

Right on. Seems pretty manageable. Nothing I haven't really done before... Just never done this. I may spring for the Rywire harness. I'll gladly pay for the convienience and peace of mind. I sent them an email asking a bunch of questions but I'm sure they are really busy...
Old 09-18-2013, 08:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelSolMike View Post
Right on. Seems pretty manageable. Nothing I haven't really done before... Just never done this. I may spring for the Rywire harness. I'll gladly pay for the convienience and peace of mind. I sent them an email asking a bunch of questions but I'm sure they are really busy...
It seems that my piece of mind comes from knowing I did it all, and there are no flaws. Plus you are able to run the wires where ever YOU want. Again its head light looms, you can do one side at a time, on a Saturday, and it takes maybe an hour or 1.5 to complete each side, depending on your skill. Then take a Sunday and do the main harness. Its more intimidating than it should be.

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6
TD04H 15G @ 22.6psi ??WHP

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
If you see smoke don't insert face?
If any of this confuses you die!
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
CaliLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2013, 09:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 19 civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

may check out 2jzdreamin on here he does wire tucks and stuff.

really cool guy and stuff. hes who im going to have tuck my harness probably.

i did my own one time and it think it was more of a pita then what its worth. but i like the look so i want my next one done but i dont want to do it lol.

civicdxude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2013, 09:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

I looked at his stuff... He requires a core. My car is located 3 hours from where I currently live and I travel all the time for work so that is just not an option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in