Who uses what wideband/how long have you had it? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2013, 01:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

psjones13 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Default Who uses what wideband/how long have you had it?

Just trying to figure out what everyone else uses. I think my wideband took a shit yesterday. It started not wanting to come on, then it eventually stopped turning on. I had been using an innovate LC-1 with a bosch sensor. In 4 years I just put a new sensor on a few months ago and I never had any issues with any of it.

Post what wideband you have or which ones you've used in the past and how long did you have them and what did/didn't you like?

DSM Small 16g - 10:1 cr d16z6 - 91 sedan

R.I.P. PatPrimmer
psjones13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2013, 01:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xotic_crx

I had an LC1 for probably 4 years, only had one or two sensors fail IIRC. I always replaced them with Bosch 17014. Sold it for an MTX-L earlier this year and no issues.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
< Like us on FB
xotic_crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

hotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 30 reviews

Ive been using a used AEM UEGO for about 2 years now. 0 issues. Unknown how long it was "used" before I got it

Quote:
Take it from somebody who has actually done it more then once and not read about it on the internet......
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hotrodj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I had a AEM UEGO on my mazdaspeed for 2 year and sold the car. Just bought an other one for my civic. Never had and issue

SmartParts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

acid beaver recommended MTX-L to me. he says he uses those.

he told me aem is overpriced and sucks. i got my MTX-L for 150 shipped

40MPGd15b7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

LC-1. Years. Been through a few sensors, but I tune with it, so they get abused.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2013, 04:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

hotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 30 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40MPGd15b7 View Post
acid beaver recommended MTX-L to me. he says he uses those.

he told me aem is overpriced and sucks. i got my MTX-L for 150 shipped
Oh yeah, they are terrible..... 160 new and no monthly "recalibrations".

Quote:
Take it from somebody who has actually done it more then once and not read about it on the internet......
hotrodj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2013, 05:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yeah, i paid 160 for my Uego. Never had any kind of trouble with the 2 that i owned. So i'm sure they do not suck that much.

SmartParts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2013, 05:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodj View Post
Oh yeah, they are terrible..... 160 new and no monthly "recalibrations".
ive had mine for two years and have never had to recalibrate it.

I know its still reading correctly because my tune hasnt changed, and my afr's are still the same.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2013, 06:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to xotic_crx

I've always read bad things about the AEM, and the couple I've messed with in person haven't impressed me, seem less responsive than both my LC1 and MTX-L.

Beave, reason I went to an MTX-L was so I could remove it easily to hook up on someone elses car as well. Now I've tuned the few cars in the area so no new business haha.

< Like us on FB
xotic_crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2013, 06:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

been using my MTXL for a few months..

I already found a replacement sensor for it locally for under 60 bucks for when I need to replace it.
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2013, 06:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Ive owned two LC-1s, an LM-1, and a 14point7.com unit.

Had the one LC-1 for about 6+ years now. Maybe even 8 years. Still going strong. Replaced the sensor of course. Haha.

14point7 didnt last too long, but i soldered it together so who knows! haha.

LM1 was great too. Parted ways with it a while back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2013, 06:10 PM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 8 addiction2boost  is accepted as part of the communityaddiction2boost  is accepted as part of the communityaddiction2boost  is accepted as part of the communityaddiction2boost  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

I plan on getting this.

D-series turbo... it's the catholic school girl of engines... it's so innocent and yet so naughty
addiction2boost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

psjones13 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by addiction2boost View Post
I plan on getting this. AEM Failsafe
That's pretty badass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerD View Post
Ive owned two LC-1s, an LM-1, and a 14point7.com unit.

Had the one LC-1 for about 6+ years now. Maybe even 8 years. Still going strong. Replaced the sensor of course. Haha.

14point7 didnt last too long, but i soldered it together so who knows! haha.

LM1 was great too. Parted ways with it a while back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esotericimage View Post
been using my MTXL for a few months..

I already found a replacement sensor for it locally for under 60 bucks for when I need to replace it.
I used that part number when I replaced my sensor, at my local parts house. It's like $50 with tax included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotic_crx View Post
I had an LC1 for probably 4 years, only had one or two sensors fail IIRC. I always replaced them with Bosch 17014. Sold it for an MTX-L earlier this year and no issues.
What exactly happened to yours when the sensors failed? My first one that I replaced, I replaced because it wouldn't give me nice straight lines on the datalog. It technically still worked, but not very accurately. This one was reading dead-nuts accurate until it stopped sending a reading to the gauge and the laptop completely...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
LC-1. Years. Been through a few sensors, but I tune with it, so they get abused.

Beave, any estimate on just how many years it's been? My LC-1 was used when I bought it, and I've been using it for 3+ years. Queakers had it before me for I don't know how long. He doesn't get on here any more and I haven't talked to him in a long time, so I don't know how old the unit actually is. It seems weird to me that mine just stopped working.

I haven't made any attempts to re-calibrate the heater or anything like that for a long time, but it always seemed to turn on after probably 30 seconds. The last couple times however, it took over a minute for the gauge to display my afr. Has this happened to anyone with an LC-1 before?

Everyone else that uses a different WB. Do you datalog with your tuning software and what do you use? I know Dan uses ECTune and Matt is an obd0 turboedit guy. What about everyone else? With my LC-1 I used direct serial logging into the Neptune software and it was always great.

DSM Small 16g - 10:1 cr d16z6 - 91 sedan

R.I.P. PatPrimmer
psjones13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2013, 07:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I had a AEM UEGO, used lasted less than a year and wiring fell apart.

I'm using 14point7.com Pure Plus 2, using for 3yrs.

Quote:
ENMO.

An Emo car would cut its own tires and never get out of the garage.
92CXyD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

anyone try an LC2? I just noticed it on innovate's site yesterday
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2013, 08:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 16 SOHCitTOem is hot as a volcanoSOHCitTOem is hot as a volcano
SOHCitTOem is hot as a volcanoSOHCitTOem is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

lc-1 with o-gauge for about 2 years. ran perfect up until I stored it and eventually sold it. very fast and responsive. wiring is a PITA though.

built single cam.

track tool.
SOHCitTOem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2013, 03:35 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 18 Boricuanolgy is hot as a volcanoBoricuanolgy is hot as a volcano
Boricuanolgy is hot as a volcanoBoricuanolgy is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

Had the NGK AFX wideband first, sold it brand new cuase I needed the money and I wasn't using yet so I can't tell you about it. Heard good things about it thou. Got me an used MTX-L and I love how I can install it in a 2" gauge pod. Now waiting to have my car tuned.
Boricuanolgy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2013, 06:44 AM   #19 (permalink)
n00b

I had an innovate lc1 for my si. Never got in in before parting in out. I didnt care for the fact that it needed to re-calibrate. When I buy a new one for my hatch build i havent picked one yet but it will not be one that needs re-calibrated.
trutech74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #20 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

All widebands that use the cheap sensors WILL need to be recalibrated.

Get over it.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in