Electrical gremlin-blower motor and resistor NEED HELP - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2013, 03:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide
Default Electrical gremlin-blower motor and resistor NEED HELP

Okay, so in the past, I've had the leads on my blower motor start to loose their stiffness and touch each other thus shorting the thing out. Before, I was able to separate the leads on the resistor and the motor would work.

So now, the motor stopped working again and I suspected that it was the same problem. This time, I ordered a new resistor. I replaced it and the motor still wouldn't turn. So I tested the connector at the resistor, I got no voltage. So then I tested the connector at the blower motor, I got voltage. So I deduced that the blower motor was bad.

Here's the thing. I didnt check for continuity. So I went and checked for cont at both connectors and there i ZERO (0) continuity. How in the holy hell is there voltage but no continuity???????? Am I missing something? I've had a lot going on and maybe my mind is flustered.

Can anyone help?
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!
BigJnWorldWide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 8 addiction2boost  is accepted as part of the communityaddiction2boost  is accepted as part of the communityaddiction2boost  is accepted as part of the communityaddiction2boost  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Not quite sure what you checked for continuity but if you just pulled the connector off and checked from one terminal to the other then no continuity would be right. One is power one is ground.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

D-series turbo... it's the catholic school girl of engines... it's so innocent and yet so naughty
addiction2boost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2013, 04:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

Quote:
Originally Posted by addiction2boost View Post
Not quite sure what you checked for continuity but if you just pulled the connector off and checked from one terminal to the other then no continuity would be right. One is power one is ground.
I checked the connector at the positive pin and chasis ground. I also performed the same procedure by back probing with the same results.
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!

Old 08-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

Do you have 12v at the blower motor with the connector plugged in at all speeds at the control unit? and less then 500mv on the ground?

Yes or No?
Old 08-20-2013, 04:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
Do you have 12v at the blower motor with the connector plugged in at all speeds at the control unit? and less then 500mv on the ground?

Yes or No?
Yes to 12v. I will go outside right now and go get dirty/annoyed. I HATE electrical problems. In just want my damn ac!
Old 08-20-2013, 04:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano

electrical is easy and not messy
Old 08-20-2013, 04:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
electrical is easy and not messy
I used to be good at it when I smoked. I've been sober for like 3 years and haven't had anything couldn't handle until now. I'm stumped, for once. I feel.......infantile.

Tested millivolts at the ground pin and the meter reads -1

Last edited by BigJnWorldWide; 08-20-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 8 addiction2boost  is accepted as part of the communityaddiction2boost  is accepted as part of the communityaddiction2boost  is accepted as part of the communityaddiction2boost  is accepted as part of the community

If you went from the positive to ground there should be no continuity, but you should see voltage.
Easiest way to be sure wiring is good is
1. Check power wire by going from positive pin to chasis ground should see voltage. (I think that is what you did already)

2. Check the ground wire by going from positive pin to ground pin should see voltage also. (If step 1 didn't show voltage then you would have to run a wire from battery positive to ground pin)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

D-series turbo... it's the catholic school girl of engines... it's so innocent and yet so naughty
Old 08-20-2013, 04:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJnWorldWide View Post
I used to be good at it when I smoked. I've been sober for like 3 years and haven't had anything couldn't handle until now. I'm stumped, for once. I feel.......infantile.

Tested millivolts at the ground pin and the meter reads -1

Don't sweat it at work I come across electrical shit that's a pain in the ass all the time.

Good ground??
Old 08-20-2013, 04:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
If you went from the positive to ground there should be no continuity, but you should see voltage.
Easiest way to be sure wiring is good is
1. Check power wire by going from positive pin to chasis ground should see voltage. (I think that is what you did already)

2. Check the ground wire by going from positive pin to ground pin should see voltage also. (If step 1 didn't show voltage then you would have to run a wire from battery positive to ground pin)
Test one showed voltage. Testing pin to pin shows 0.

Quote:
Don't sweat it at work I come across electrical shit that's a pain in the ass all the time.

Good ground??

The ground is wonderful.

Last edited by BigJnWorldWide; 08-20-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:50 PM   #11 (permalink)

pin to pin?

one wire is power the other is ground. to test ground you go from the ground pin at the connector (back probed plugged in) to chassis or battery ground with the circuit :live turned on even though it won't. what's the voltage? Must have a good ground or test is inconclusive.

I don't care about continuity.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:51 PM   #12 (permalink)

So your problem is in the ground side, check for continuity between the ground pin and chasis ground.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:53 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
So your problem is in the ground side, check for continuity between the ground pin and chasis ground.
shit test.

do a voltage drop test.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
pin to pin?

one wire is power the other is ground. to test ground you go from the ground pin at the connector (back probed plugged in) to chassis or battery ground with the circuit :live turned on even though it won't. what's the voltage? Must have a good ground or test is inconclusive.

I don't care about continuity.

Quote:

Quote:
shit test.

do a voltage drop test.
Ground pin to chassis ground read 12.82v
Old 08-20-2013, 04:59 PM   #15 (permalink)

that's terrible.

Your ground is SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
that's terrible.

Your ground is SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
On a 12v system? Okay, i will admit. Its been a looooong while.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #17 (permalink)

string or jump a new ground temporarily and bet it works. make sure your on the ground side or you'll pop a fuse, isn't it blue and black on these.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
string or jump a new ground temporarily and bet it works. make sure your on the ground side or you'll pop a fuse, isn't it blue and black on these.
Roger, checking.....

I hate you......

Last edited by BigJnWorldWide; 08-20-2013 at 05:11 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:13 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
shit test.

do a voltage drop test.
Not sure why that is a shit test, if it reads out of limit or real high ohms then ground wire is bad, low ohms or 0 wire is good.

Old 08-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #20 (permalink)

research voltage drop testing.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in