Need help with this one plug - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2013, 06:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy Need help with this one plug

can anyone tell me where this plug goes... there was wires cut up by the firewall. i know it has to be part of the main harness. i want to just hardwire it where it needs to go with solder and heat shrink. its a 9 pin connector and has the wires from the door jamb switches. I want to get it figured out so that my dome light comes on when i open the door. also the is a 94 civic ex it had pwr windows and locks but somebody cut the wiring for that before i got the . it now has manual locks and windows. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130803_203331.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	346.1 KB
ID:	47058
tevoejy8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2013, 07:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 19 civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

get a multimeter and probe them to see witch one is on when your door is open.

then trace your wire in hard wire it from there.

im not 100% sure thats were the dome like wire plugs into but i think it is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

civicdxude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2013, 07:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

the dome light works when switched to on... the plugs wires are coming from the door switch and the e brake switch

Old 08-05-2013, 09:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

I think it might be a plug for the door harness but im not sure? I looked in the repair manual and I didn't see one connector on there with 9 pins in the interior harness schematic. somebody help me out
Old 08-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

Are you saying its a 9 pin plug cause there's 9 wires in it ?

To me it looks like a 20-22 pin plug. What color are the wires? I'm pretty sure that plug is for the rear wiring for fuel pump,tail/brake lights and a few other things.

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4

Last edited by 2jzdreamin; 08-05-2013 at 09:20 PM.
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2013, 10:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 8 dseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jzdreamin View Post
Are you saying its a 9 pin plug cause there's 9 wires in it ?

To me it looks like a 20-22 pin plug. What color are the wires? I'm pretty sure that plug is for the rear wiring for fuel pump,tail/brake lights and a few other things.
Do those things work?? OP?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

instagram @theerroneouspenguin
dseriesboulder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2013, 12:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

fuel pump works, brake lights and reverse lights all work. the car runs great. i just hate that i cant see at night when i open my door and also the fact that the beeper doesnt beep at all and i kind of want that because sometimes i do leave the keys in the ign... theres a thick blue and green wire that comes from the door jamb switch but stops at that plug
Old 08-06-2013, 01:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

Can you post a better(clear) pic of that plug?

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 hoorah smells like Borathoorah smells like Borathoorah smells like Borathoorah smells like Borathoorah smells like Borat

That circuit gets power from a 7.5A fuse (#3) in underdash fuse panel through a red/white wire to your interior lamp. From there if you use the ON position, it grounds to the roof. If you use door, then it is grounded from you door switches through a main bus connector (connector C417 in the left kick panel) GREEN/BLUE is driver's door for instance. SO.....when you open the door, the switch closes and creates a closed circuit to turn the light on. Start with what I have said previously and go from there. The door assembly should have nothing to do with that lighting. I've subscribed to this so NOTIFICATIONS will pop up if you need anything else.
\
CHEERS, GOOD HUNTING. Please let me know if you solve it.
hoorah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2013, 05:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

so C417 is a junction connector? where does it connect to? ill go take a better pic in a min
Old 08-06-2013, 06:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 hoorah smells like Borathoorah smells like Borathoorah smells like Borathoorah smells like Borathoorah smells like Borat

Chances are your door switches are not hooked up. I know it's a EX, but 4dr or coupe. I'm in canada, sometimes they are different.

So you say the light comes on with on switch. You have power to the switch, if your door switches are not functioning properly could be the issue. You need to test your lamp assy first to make sure it's not that. Take it down and place switch to door selection. Then take a wire from a KNOWN GOOD ground and jump it to the light green/red wire....does the light come on? This will tell you if your lamp assy is good.

That LTGRN/Red wire is the one that creates the ground for your door switches going through the bus I mentioned before. Look around for it. It will contain these wires if it's a 4dr

LTGN/Red Should have 5 of them at least if it''s a 4dr

that's it for me tonight, Good luck. BTW..hope you have a multimeter, best thing to have for ever.....

Last edited by hoorah; 08-06-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/9453743363/

it is an ex sedan. i jumped a ground wire to the light green/red wire with the switch in the door position and nothing. i have to check and see tomorrow if the fuse is still good but to me it looked like the bulb was burned out too. the light did work
Old 08-07-2013, 07:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

checked the fuse and it was blown. put a new one in and the light came on with the switch to the on position. i jumped the ltgrn/red wire to a ground and nothing. i need some help. at this point i just want the light to come on with the driver side door. i dont even want to have a working beeper either. im planning on looking for an eg 4 door shell to swap my engine and exhaust into because i found a nice hole in the floor pan behind the driver seat.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

any place i can hardwire the door switch to to make the light come on?
Old 08-07-2013, 09:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 8 dseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by tevoejy8 View Post
any place i can hardwire the door switch to to make the light come on?
Your talking about the dome light?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

instagram @theerroneouspenguin
dseriesboulder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2013, 10:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

yes
Old 08-07-2013, 10:42 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

89c1vicdx It's a JDM Star Bitches....89c1vicdx It's a JDM Star Bitches....89c1vicdx It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

do u have a stereo in the car? kinda looks like a factory plug for radio, atleast mine looks kinda like that
89c1vicdx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2013, 11:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

yes i have a stereo that plug is too big and too far away for the radio.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:11 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

It goes from under the drivers side dash, up into the engine bay just below the booster I believe.

recognize that from the wire tuck I did.

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6
TD04H 15G @ 22.6psi ??WHP

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
If you see smoke don't insert face?
If any of this confuses you die!
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
CaliLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series lover

Trace the wire from your light to the door switch wiring and figure it out. Butchering something (field fix) is only meant to get you home.

Take the time to diagnose it, it will help you in the future in understanding how things work.

so...do you have an ohmmeter? If your fuse blew, that's a short to ground issue, which would be the power wire to the lamp assy that's the issue most likely. If you had a grounding issue, unless it was drawing a crazy amount of amperage it should never blow a fuse, it would cause a dim light.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
ej1, interior, plug, power, wires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in