Electrical Issues del Sol - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 06:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Electrical Issues del Sol

Hey everyone, I was wondering if you could help me out with my electrical issues I have going with my car. Quick background on this, I did a motor build about 3yrs ago and everything worked great. No issues whatsoever. Well once I put the motor back in, I hooked up some A pillar gauges (well a friend of mine did) and noticed that my driver side headlight was dim and according to my gauge cluster, my high beams were on when the actually were on low beam. When I actually went to put my high beams on, the A pillar gauges shut off and my driver side headlight would shut off completely. I also started to develop a pulsing in everything (headlights, tail lights, running lights, gauge cluster and cd deck) I ripped out the A pillar gauges hoping that would fix my issue but problems still continue.

Now my driver side headlight will not turn on at all, and I'm still having this pulsing issue and my clock in my gauge cluster does not come on at all. I'm completely stumped. I've started to narrow down some stuff that I thought might be theculprit but obviously they have not fixed my problems.

I've replaced my battery, power cable, all the grounds and had my alternator checked out and that seems to be just fine. Im at a point with this that I just want to take the car in and have someone work on it. Please help or point me in the right direction
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2013, 06:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

Check the wires at the headlight plug for brakes.

Was the headlight wiring messed with at all?

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2013, 05:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

I did not see any breaks in the wiring and the harness itself was never touched. Could the engine harness itself maybe of took a shit or is starting to take a shit on me???

Old 08-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm not an electrical genius but did you try checking fuses? I remember when I bought my car they rigged up the fuses some odd way and after a few months the high beams only had one coming on and it was making another light shut off(I can't remember if it was my gauge cluster or something else.) as well. You never know.
CapcomEF9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2013, 05:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

I would start by looking at the wiring for those new guages. Where did your friend tap in for power? Are they backlit? Where did he tap in for the backlight? Did he split a wire to tap in then reconnect it to a different wire?
snypez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapcomEF9 View Post
I'm not an electrical genius but did you try checking fuses? I remember when I bought my car they rigged up the fuses some odd way and after a few months the high beams only had one coming on and it was making another light shut off(I can't remember if it was my gauge cluster or something else.) as well. You never know.
I did check the fuses and they seemed to be all good. I will check again just to make sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snypez View Post
I would start by looking at the wiring for those new guages. Where did your friend tap in for power? Are they backlit? Where did he tap in for the backlight? Did he split a wire to tap in then reconnect it to a different wire?
They are backlit, I will double check on exactly where he tapped into and I will take a picture of it as well to show you guys. It will not be for a couple days as I will be traveling for work. If my memory serves me correctly, he split a wire to tap in nd then reconnected it.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

What about my dash harness?? Could that maybe cause it also?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in