confused with bulb bases vs led bases - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 8 Sleeper Si  is accepted as part of the communitySleeper Si  is accepted as part of the communitySleeper Si  is accepted as part of the communitySleeper Si  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default confused with bulb bases vs led bases

okay I picked up some dome light leds a few days ago and this time I went back to pick up leds for all the lights on the car.
problem I am having is 168, 194, 1157, 1156 etc... for normal filament bulbs I ask the shop these numbers and they have no clue. instead they have T numbers. is there a chart to cross reference the numbers??

so confusing

Sleeper Si is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 8 Sleeper Si  is accepted as part of the communitySleeper Si  is accepted as part of the communitySleeper Si  is accepted as part of the communitySleeper Si  is accepted as part of the community

Old 07-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HondaDNA

Ever LED I have ever bought had the same numbers as normal lights?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...
HondaDNA is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 06:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano
19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

Please search. 195 is t10 wedge. 74 is t5 wedge. 1156 is 1156.
1991 Honda Civic Hatchback Si
1998 Honda Civic Sedan EX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

19si91 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

Dang! Where are you shopping at? IMG_3931.jpg Photo by packardbell2nhand | Photobucket

How much did these cost?
all_rice is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2013, 11:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by all_rice View Post
Dang! Where are you shopping at? IMG_3931.jpg Photo by packardbell2nhand | Photobucket

How much did these cost?
there is a bunch of them? which one? I only bought some for the domelight2 bucks each
Old 07-15-2013, 11:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper Si View Post
there is a bunch of them? which one? I only bought some for the domelight2 bucks each
The 1156 based bulb with the yellow sides and the eye on the top.

Did you figure out the difference in bulbs yet?
Old 07-15-2013, 11:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
The 1156 based bulb with the yellow sides and the eye on the top.

Did you figure out the difference in bulbs yet?
yeah sort of figured it out, but the leds have so many variations and prices differ a lot too. the bulbs with small multiple leds are cheaper than the one big ass led. The 1156 costs more since it has one big led on top and four long led on each side. those are super bright.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

So how much does it cost? Lol
Old 07-16-2013, 12:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
So how much does it cost? Lol
I check in the catalogue I got from them and it is not a 1157 but they call it a S25. anyways I still need to get the other bulbs for the misses and mine civic so I will ask for the price.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:36 AM   #11 (permalink)
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread

Rep Power: 45 E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 51 reviews
Send a message via AIM to E. Jeezy Send a message via Yahoo to E. Jeezy

Lemme guess.... them shit were made in CHINA?

IBTL

"I dont like talking to car forum people as much as I used to so now I just stick to the picture threads." ~E. Jeezy

"I should have well over 30k posts but d-series.org doesn't take into account, all the shit that I talk."
~E. Jeezy

"I'm so awesome that I quote myself in my own signature."
~E. Jeezy
E. Jeezy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 95_EJ1 is a name known to all95_EJ1 is a name known to all95_EJ1 is a name known to all95_EJ1 is a name known to all95_EJ1 is a name known to all95_EJ1 is a name known to all95_EJ1 is a name known to all95_EJ1 is a name known to all95_EJ1 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 24 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19si91 View Post
Please search. 195 is t10 wedge. 74 is t5 wedge. 1156 is 1156.
Actually 1156 can also be called BA15S in the cheap led world lol

BA15S is single contact (1156)
BA15D is dual contact (1157)

'90 Chevy Suburban - Future daily go-anywhere machine

'90 GMC Suburban - DD, future parts truck for the Chevy
95_EJ1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2013, 03:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 HB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like Borat

If not use superbrightleds.com vehical guide to figure out which #'s you need
HB turbo--> is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2013, 04:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

repped
Old 07-17-2013, 03:19 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:

How much did these cost?
about 4.50 usd each.

bought like over 100 bucks worth of leds today. lol!

picked up 10X T5 11 watts for license plate, rear side markers and high mount stop. then 10X1157 27LED amber color for the front sidemarkers, front turn signals, parking lights, and rear turn signals. then 10X T20 18LED red which I bought too much of. lol
what is a 7440 supposed to be for the back up lights??

now do you think I need those LED flashing units?
anyone installed led lights ?? if needed which pin configuration please? might as well get it if I need it.

Last edited by Sleeper Si; 07-17-2013 at 04:28 AM.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:00 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

If you don't get the flasher it will blink hyper mad tyre jdm yo fast. I have replaced most of my bulbs with led.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:11 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
If you don't get the flasher it will blink hyper mad tyre jdm yo fast. I have replaced most of my bulbs with led.
can you help me out on how does the pin configuration is on a 6th gen civic? I will need to go back to the shop to get the missing LED lights.
please post up a pic of the relay. thanks in advance.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:28 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 HB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like Borat

You have to put a resistor in line to keep the flashers from going crazy fast
HB turbo--> is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2013, 03:59 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB turbo--> View Post
do you know the value of the resistor? you mean inline on the positive side of the flasher relay?
Old 07-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #20 (permalink)
Ferio inspired

Rep Power: 31 NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....
NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB turbo--> View Post
OR you can find a low resistance flasher
90 Civic EX 4dr- turbo D15b (sold)
98 Civic EX 4dr- USDM (99 front) (sold)
92 Accord EX 4dr- ricermobile(sold)
NastyHabitzCRX is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in