power windows, mirrors, locks, speakers are on the fritz again... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2013, 03:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 8 C-lowGreen is learning the way of the DC-lowGreen is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default power windows, mirrors, locks, speakers are on the fritz again...

I had made a thread a while back about this issue and found out that my crappy pinout that powered my various accessories had some broken and loose wires and all that jazz. Anyway, I fixed it for the time being and now the same thing is starting to happen with the new pinout I wired in. *sigh* Soo.. I was thinking of a permanent remedy to the problem and came up with this: Instead of wiring in a new pinout again, I would completely remove the male and female plugs from the end of the harness and solder the wires to their corresponding colors. I'm not at all sure if this will work, it is just something I thought of just now. So if anyone has any input on if this will work or not, post it up! (and everyone can be jelly of my amazing Microsoft paint skillz)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	door pinout fix.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	45457  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

C-lowGreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2013, 08:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 8 C-lowGreen is learning the way of the DC-lowGreen is learning the way of the D

Anyone?

Old 07-13-2013, 08:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!

Have you verified that the wires themselves aren't the culprit? I would do that first before going drastic on it.

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2013, 08:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Two men shy of a group

Rep Power: 20 Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

that will work but then you wont be able to take your door off if you ever get in an accident or something, you would have to disconnect the whole door harness and snake it through the hole to pull the door off

turbo 99 ex sedan A/C build -

Alicia Aemisegger
Blu3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2013, 07:59 AM   #5 (permalink)

Ahh, very good point blu3. I hadn't thought about that. And yes, hoove, I am positive that it isnt the wires themselves. The wires just keep disconnecting themselves from the pinout after opening and closing the door a bit. (when they're connected everything works great) If I could of found a better looking one at the junkyard I would have grabbed it, but the one I found was the only one available. Thanks for the input guys! I will have to fiddle around with this issue a little more tomorrow when my mini me swap gets finished up.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in