Eventually, I'll want some tunes in my CRX. What front speakers do you recommend? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2013, 08:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver
Default Eventually, I'll want some tunes in my CRX. What front speakers do you recommend?

I'm not looking for anything crazy, just decent, preferably under $75. (If I was going to spend more, I'd just likely get a set of Memphis coaxes that I love in my Legend.)

I have no idea WTF is good anymore. What can you guys recommend?

Here is what I consider requirements:
Must fit without too much mucking about in the stock CRX door holes/whatever.
I prefer silk or textile domes.
Should last a while

That's about it. I will likely be driving them off of a small two channel amp. I wouldn't expect more than 20-35W going to them, so I guess efficiency is a plus.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Infinity Reference series are nice. I drive mine straight off the head unit and they are very clear and decently punchy.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge

I was noticing those at Crutchfield. They are about within budget. I really hate shopping for speakers. LOL!

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 18 snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!
snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

alpine type s or the infinity ref's are both decent for that price range. ive tried lots of speakers
snailslow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

I don't really like what I'm reading about the current Alpine Type S, and it is more than I want to spend.

I'm looking at a $50 set of Pioneers. heh I really don't need fancy right now.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 07-07-2013, 10:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Those Polks I posted up in the Audio area sounded great compared to my budget pioneers I had.
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Link? Model?

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 07-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 18 snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!
snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Infinity Reference 6032si Full Range Car Speakers at Onlinecarstereo.com
snailslow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2013, 10:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Nevermind, the sale is off and theyre back up to 99.99

Old 07-07-2013, 10:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Thanks snail!

Well, which ones anyway? I am still curious. If they are that much better, I'd consider them.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 07-07-2013, 10:22 AM   #11 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 35 Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

Just make sure they are shallow enough. I used to run into issues with mid range drivers up front. I couldn't roll my windows all the way down...lol

"I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive."

R.I.P - Pat Primmer

Quote:
Beat them, cheat on them, treat them like shit and you'll get a hot woman that won't ever leave you. Women are a stupid breed that don't use fucking sense.
Black91CRXsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2013, 10:25 AM   #12 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

I can make spacer rings. LOL!

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 07-07-2013, 10:29 AM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 35 Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Then you may run into grille issues!

R.I.P - Pat Primmer

Quote:
Beat them, cheat on them, treat them like shit and you'll get a hot woman that won't ever leave you. Women are a stupid breed that don't use fucking sense.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #14 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

I have no door cards, currently, so . . . eh?

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #15 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Polk Audio 612" Coaxial Loudspeakers with PolyMica Cones Pair DXI650 - Best Buy

these are falsely advertised at 100rms/200 peak when its really 60rms/160peak.

I emailed BB about the typo and they still havent fixed it. The pics of the back of speaker would confirm model# and RMS which is conveniently missing. I find it sad that they resort to false advertising to move their products.

No reply from BB. If I spent the 100 on them I would be really pissed. but for 40 shipped, its livable.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:17 AM   #16 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

I likely would have bought those instantly. heh

Crutchfield has much nicer speakers for $100, I'm just not sure if the extra money is going to make much of a difference in my CRX which is just a hollow shell right now. LOL!

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:18 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 32 Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

The more I research the topic (I'm in the same boat as you Beaver, want a basic stereo setup, nothing "fancy", but sounds good), the more I lean toward the Infinity Reference, figure if it's worth spending $50 on, it's worth spending the extra $30 to get the best ones...

Amazon.com: Infinity Reference 5032cf 5.25-Inch, 135-Watt High Performance Two-Way Loudspeaker (Pair): Car Electronics Amazon.com: Infinity Reference 5032cf 5.25-Inch, 135-Watt High Performance Two-Way Loudspeaker (Pair): Car Electronics

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Cali Noob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2013, 11:19 AM   #18 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

I refuse to use anything under a 6.5" speaker, since I am only going to have two up front.

The thing I don't like about the Infinities is that they seem to be built with needing a subwoofer in the system, which, right now, I am not going to do.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 32 Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

My car has full interior still, I kind of have to run the 5.25 to fit behind the door card (I believe), and I also will not be running a sub...or an amp for that matter. Guess I still have more research to do...reviews I've read on just about every other speaker state reliability issues, that they blow out after a short period time.

I'm curious to see what comes of this...

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Cali Noob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2013, 11:29 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Noob View Post
The more I research the topic (I'm in the same boat as you Beaver, want a basic stereo setup, nothing "fancy", but sounds good), the more I lean toward the Infinity Reference, figure if it's worth spending $50 on, it's worth spending the extra $30 to get the best ones...

Amazon.com: Infinity Reference 5032cf 5.25-Inch, 135-Watt High Performance Two-Way Loudspeaker (Pair): Car Electronics
I bought a full set of those for my old prelude. For the money they sounded pretty dang good.

R.I.P - Pat Primmer

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in