Blowing engines? or burning wires? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default Blowing engines? or burning wires?

So I bought a 98ek hatch today to flip but I was told that it has a wiring problem.
The guy was telling me that he put like 2 different motors in the car but they would just stop running after like a week.

What I want to know is what do you guys recommend me to do. The car is obd2 I believe its a zc motor. Now I don't want to swap in another motor and see if it dies or not so what should I do?

Should I pull out the entire under dash harness and motor harness and just get new stuff or what ? Ive never came across a wire problem that blows up motors! O.o!
all the way, No name CAI, Hondata s200
Numbers coming soon... NEVER GOT AROUND TO TUNE R.I.P. (don't drink and drive)
UCNTCME is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

BUMP!
Old 06-03-2013, 04:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

Are the motors Blowing up or just not starting?

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 05:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

I just bought the car today so im not 100% sure. This kid was telling they swapped a few motors in it. He smelled frying. But doesn't know from where. I looked at the motor but there was no holes. He said he never saw smoke either.They just took the head apart but he didn't even know his friends did that. Anyways got a great deal on it. If I can fix it ill make maybe like 6-700 off of it after the money I spend to fix it
Old 06-04-2013, 06:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Bump
Old 06-04-2013, 06:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 b16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Check the car out for basic things first like fuel and spark. Then Timing and see if it will start. Also Fluids and codes.....
b16racereg6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

Vague question meets vaguer answer.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2013, 07:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 b16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
Vague question meets vaguer answer.
Truth lol
b16racereg6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

If he smelled wires burning it sounds like an electrical short. Maybe an exposed wire or poor grounding. I doubt it's the engines failing. If he keeps popping motors then he's an idiot for not getting to the real problem

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2013, 04:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 EKHatch_y8turbo is starting to learn the ropesEKHatch_y8turbo is starting to learn the ropesEKHatch_y8turbo is starting to learn the ropesEKHatch_y8turbo is starting to learn the ropesEKHatch_y8turbo is starting to learn the ropesEKHatch_y8turbo is starting to learn the ropesEKHatch_y8turbo is starting to learn the ropes

BEST way to fix it would be swap out the wiring; all of it- probably a little easier to search for the short though- has every engine been run off the same ECU? maybe its that- do some checking

Hate if you must but my body kit was free...urethane buddy club~ u'd think since i didn't spend the money on the kit i could afford paint... i like mine with no shine

my thread : (updated frequently new pics added 8/19/2011
)

EKHatch_y8turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in