Ecu wiring guru needed. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2013, 02:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Default Ecu wiring guru needed.

So not sure if this should be here or in engine management. But here we go.

If you know me, then you know i run an aem fic with my turbo setup.
It all runs good and dont have any real problems, but one.

It has delay start.
Meaning when i go to crank the car it cranks ,cranks, cranks and then starts. been bugging me for a while, but dealt with it.

The cause of this is the fic intercepts the crank and cam wires. It doesnt send out a crank or cam signal till the fic gets a good one which is why i get the delay. I timed it before it takes about 5-6 seconds to start.

If i bypass the crank and cam wires (remove them from the fic and run it like factory).then the car will crank and start like factory.
BUT then i lose the ability to retard me timing.

See my problem?

So what i want to know is if there is any way i can wire it up so that the crank/cam wires are loop and then hit a switch and then they are ran into the fic.

I thought about just getting a 3 position switch. (out1, in, out2).
In would be out to ecu.
out1 would be in from sensor
out2 would be in from fic output.
I see this working with just normal power wires but from my understanding. the crank wire outputs a square wave of on/off or 5volt pulse. I think the switch may effect that pulse.
Also if the flip the switch while running. wouldnt it cause a miss since the ecu gets no reading for a few millsec.

so trying to get something working. My only other choices are
1. deal with it.
2. go obd1 (dont feel like it since i gotta retune and i hated burning
chips. yea ya rtp but thats extra money
3. Find a standalone boost retarder. (the only thing i found was msd and its btw $500-$700. not something i wanna do.

So yea help lol....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2013, 03:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

Can you post better pics of the harness you made for the aem fic?

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2013, 04:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jzdreamin View Post
Can you post better pics of the harness you made for the aem fic?
I could but not really. There just all wires up by the ecu.
I thought about it being interference from the other wires but i ran them by themself while testing and it does the same thing.

And what kind of pix are you needing?

It looks like this

Aem fic stock ecu

crank in wire from engine bay crank sensor
craink out ecu pin

cam in wire from engine bay crank sensor
cam out ecu pin

I believe i tape up the crank/cam wires by them self to shield them but i dont think thats the problem its just the fic not seeing the signal till a few cranks.
If i unhook the wire from the fic in and out it to the ecu pin all is great. but of course i cant retard timing.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in