Inline fuse keeps overheating - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 04:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 SohcONthiz is learning the way of the DSohcONthiz is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Inline fuse keeps overheating

I have some 10in subs with a mono channel 800watts piooner amp. My inline fuse keeps overheating causing my system to go off. Fuse is not blown tho, its just super hot and i dont know why. I did the formula for the fuse amperage but still keeps shuting off. 800x12v=66.66666

Ps. If i change the fuse system is turns back on so i know its not my amp overheating. If i dont use the inline fuse box amd wire it straight up it wont turn off.

What do you think dso friends?
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2013, 04:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

What gauge wire are you using and what amp fuse?

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2013, 04:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 SohcONthiz is learning the way of the DSohcONthiz is learning the way of the D

I do not know which gauge is it but its not that thick. 65amp fuse

Old 04-09-2013, 04:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 40 Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bizzar Send a message via MSN to Bizzar Send a message via Yahoo to Bizzar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jzdreamin View Post
What gauge wire are you using and what amp fuse?
And what is the rms watt rating of the amp and your givin ohm load.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bizzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2013, 04:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

The gauge wire was already there when i got the car so i guess the previous owner had a system. I do not know if he had this problem tho. I bought the inline fuse. Ima have to change that wire then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzar View Post
And what is the rms watt rating of the amp and your givin ohm load.
Let me check the amp

Last edited by awebb; 04-10-2013 at 04:34 AM.
SohcONthiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2013, 05:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 40 Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bizzar Send a message via MSN to Bizzar Send a message via Yahoo to Bizzar

Pretty thin meaning? If its less than 4ga wire, 65 amps is too much current. You should not be running anything over 50 amps of current through 8 gauge wire. I also don't mean the total wire thickness including the shielding or covering. Many companies these days lie their asses off about wire size. Like a walmart amp kit. It might say 4ga wire but its all plastic with nothing more than a small 6ga or 8ga of actual wire in it.

The best bang for your buck wire to use is welding lead cable. It's pure copper and runs a bit on the thick side of actual gauge size and most have a very high strand count (stand count is key with dc power). Don't worry about it not being "oxygen free" it will work just fine. As long as you keep the ends clean and seal up any exposed connections it works awesome for the money.

Bizzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzar View Post
Pretty thin meaning? If its less than 4ga wire, 65 amps is too much current. You should not be running anything over 50 amps of current through 8 gauge wire. I also don't mean the total wire thickness including the shielding or covering. Many companies these days lie their asses off about wire size. Like a walmart amp kit. It might say 4ga wire but its all plastic with nothing more than a small 6ga or 8ga of actual wire in it.

The best bang for your buck wire to use is welding lead cable. It's pure copper and runs a bit on the thick side of actual gauge size and most have a very high strand count (stand count is key with dc power). Don't worry about it not being "oxygen free" it will work just fine. As long as you keep the ends clean and seal up any exposed connections it works awesome for the money.
X2.

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #8 (permalink)

I have used the 50 too, they didnt blow either
Old 04-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 HB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like Borat

Get proper sized wire or your cars gonna be a melted POS on the the side if the road!

I've never ran less than 2ga on all my installs.
It's better to be to big, than too small
HB turbo--> is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 cdawg will become famous soon enoughcdawg will become famous soon enoughcdawg will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cdawg

pictures of install, ground wire size, power wire size! you probley got some back yard 12ga kit special.
cdawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB turbo--> View Post
Get proper sized wire or your cars gonna be a melted POS on the the side if the road!

I've never ran less than 2ga on all my installs.
It's better to be to big, than too small
Yeah, like i always say, go big or go home

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawg View Post
pictures of install, ground wire size, power wire size! you probley got some back yard 12ga kit special.
It came on the car when i bought it, thanks will do

The wire gauge seems not as thick, ima change it tomorrow when i go to the audio shop.

Last edited by awebb; 04-10-2013 at 04:35 AM.
SohcONthiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 cdawg will become famous soon enoughcdawg will become famous soon enoughcdawg will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cdawg

usually about every 1 foot on the power wires they have the name brand and sometime size let us know.
cdawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in