Hid advice/help - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 11:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 95civic831 is learning the way of the D95civic831 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Hid advice/help

Hey..not sure if this goes here but it is electronic so I guess idk.lol.

Anyway I was reading and I guess I need to do something called retrofit so I can have legit hids?

Can I buy projectors off eBay then buy and hid kit?

If so what kind of projectors? Some people said denji? But man those cost a grip of cash..

Also with those denjis they use h3 bulbs? Which I read are like fogs?

Not sure but if anyone can direct me to a link or just throw some info at me is appreciate it.

I know I should read more before posting but dso doesn't seem to have a lighting section
95civic831 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2013, 11:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 95civic831 is learning the way of the D95civic831 is learning the way of the D

Also found hid planet. Cool site but everyone there seems to already know all the terminology and stuff and don't really give a noob DIY ya know?
Old 03-29-2013, 06:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

Contact hondalx97. He can hook you up.
all_rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 06:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

In fact here you go, https://www.d-series.org/forums/produ...eadlights.html.

Could've found it if you searched
all_rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2013, 08:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!

Rep Power: 32 si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to si-hatch86 Send a message via MSN to si-hatch86 Send a message via Yahoo to si-hatch86

he would have to contact him privately being he does not have access to his classifieds thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP Pat Primmer
RIP MILO
si-hatch86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2013, 05:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 redline7500 is a name known to allredline7500 is a name known to allredline7500 is a name known to allredline7500 is a name known to allredline7500 is a name known to allredline7500 is a name known to allredline7500 is a name known to allredline7500 is a name known to allredline7500 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

well sence the rules state users are not allowed to buy or sale anything on the fourm till they have enough posts to access the classified section his best bet would be to go around hondalx97 and directly to his supplier which is theretrofitsource.com but i worn you that to do it the right way will cost quite a bit the complete easy retrofit kit is 270 link plus shipping then you need to factor in new headlights since you have a 95 civic your stock housings are fluted and that is not good for hid projectors as it will scatter the light here is the ones i used on my set up right now they are going for 68.35 Honda 92 95 Civic JDM Black Clear Crystal Headlights Head Lamps | eBay here is the write up I followed How to: Morimoto Mini H1's into 92-95 civic headlights - Honda-Tech
and here is the result on my car

and a crappy cell phone pic of my cut off
redline7500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2013, 08:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

The price is worth it to do it right the first time.i don't want to cheap out.
There's a local parts store here that sells retrofitted hid headlamps as well but wasn't sure of the quality .a friend of mine is going to try them then tell me.
They cost 150 and he puts em on for you.so if that goes well I might just get those
Btw those look tight on that civic.it looks factory.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

And thank you for the links .its very much appreciated
Old 04-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 11 uptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

definately do a retrofit. from what ive seen cars with dual fillamenent bulbs and HID arent too great. i have a set in my CRX and they work fine since EF cars use 4 single element bulbs. i was actually about to post up some info on ballasts when i noticed this post.

ive been driving my brothers 06 acura TL and it has factory BI Xenon HID and the high beams suck. with the high beams on it doesnt do much, just enough to flash people and they can tell your flashing them. what apears to beam high beam bulbs in this car is actually the fog light...
uptownsamcv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 IanGrimmy smells like BoratIanGrimmy smells like BoratIanGrimmy smells like BoratIanGrimmy smells like BoratIanGrimmy smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

heres a link to my friends fb page where he does all sorts of lighting, he can hook you up on whatever you need

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Light...998072?fref=ts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in