Honda D Series Forum banner

Calling all wire tucking and wiring geniuses

7K views 61 replies 18 participants last post by  636chris 
#1 ·
ok guys whats the best stuff to wrap a harness with , without depinning the connectors ? i plan to deloom my harness and clean it up but i do not want to cut ,and depin stuff just to re loom it . Is this even heard of or is there such a thing that i can get locally

#4 ·
ok hope fully ill have time today or tonight to de loom it . im trying at all costs to avoid that sh*t thats on there now with the slit down the middle , it offers little water protection unless its completely taped up

#10 ·
I used black nylon braided loom from Grainger I will see if I can find the part numbers for you after work it is expandable so it slipped over almost all the plugs in the harness I used two sizes 3/4 and 1/2 I think I will check after work as well and post a pic of my harness so you can get an idea

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#16 ·
forgot to post back up last night so the stuff i used was tech-flex I couldn't remember the name of it but here is the part numbers i used 2RMA6 10ft .75 expandable used this for almost all legs coming off the main loom and for the main loom i used 2RLL6 10ft 1.25 expandable bought from http://www.grainger.com but in order to use this stuff you need a hotknife if you cut with scissors it will unravel a lighter will not work and here are some pics

and the best pic i have that shows it in the engine bay

and a full frontal

#36 ·
Tape it up with "friction tape" first, then wrap it with techflex. You can buy friction tape at any sports store or hockey stadium as its used to tape up the sticks. Better than any electrical tape and far more resistant to water and temp changes.

#37 ·
lol that's good to hear then , because ive learned a shit load from this site . i had a few issues with my motor that would have set me back a few months so i picked up a super clean ls swap off a friend for 500 bucks. im going to be boosting that for a while with arp rod bolts and head studs. should make around 300 or so once i get it tuned which is plenty for me .

back on the wiring topic. anyone know how to wire an obd1 motor into an obd2 wiring harness . (still using my conversion harness and odb1 chipped ecu). i need to figure out the easyest way to do this while everything is still out .

also picking up paint this weekend , ill be posting a few pictures of the progress tomorrow

i don't know if id use fricton tape tho that seems a little ghetto to me

#38 ·
i don't know if id use fricton tape tho that seems a little ghetto to me
Ghetto? :thinking:
Don't know about that one. It works perfect.

I used tape like that one (not from where Bizzar said), wider then normal electrical tape and I wrapped up a whole harness faster then using normal electrical tape. It was the cost of 3 rolls of electrical tape and when I wrap harnessess I use 2 so go figure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.