The SSAC/cheap ebay thread. if you have a question about look here first - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Archived Technical Info Posts

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2006, 10:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Default The SSAC/cheap ebay thread. if you have a question about look here first

someone should sticky this.. There are a ton more threads so if you find one add to it. lets try and cut down on the redundant threads about this stuff.

manifold, wastegate, intercooler, IC piping
https://www.d-series.org/forums/showt...highlight=SSAC
https://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=59467

OBX manifold

SSAC turbos
https://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55073

SSAC manifold

SSAC Kit

XS Power kits
https://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=56511

Ebay parts for your build

SSAC exhaust

Ebay Intercoolers

SSAC Wastegates

Turbo Creations Ebay turbo kit

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

4 psi pull....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Me and my Dad's new G35's (mines the coupe):

Last edited by 94z6ex; 01-27-2007 at 06:53 PM.
94z6ex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2006, 11:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all

keep adding. i searched SSAC and stopped at the bottom of page 3.

im prolly a loser for making this thread but i was bored and it needed to be done.

4 psi pull....

Old 11-29-2006, 11:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Levi Send a message via MSN to Levi

stickied

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:

1996 Integra Project Car:
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2006, 03:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

CrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Nice thread!

boosted D16Z6 :shocked:
Quote:
Honestly, I would piss on his door handles. Regularly, like his door was my personal bathroom.
CrazyConscious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2006, 03:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater

Rep Power: 41 " Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 24 reviews
Send a message via AIM to " Low " Send a message via Yahoo to " Low "

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyConscious View Post
Nice thread!
fuck yeah....

My username: High-Cap 1911
It ain't only for texans....but there are a BUNCH of us
" Low " is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2006, 03:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

maybe just put... in big red bold letters
this shit sucks, quit asking us if its cool because it isnt

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2006, 03:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater

Rep Power: 41 " Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 24 reviews
Send a message via AIM to " Low " Send a message via Yahoo to " Low "

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb34 View Post
maybe just put... in big red bold letters
this shit sucks, quit asking us if its cool because it isnt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low EG-T View Post
fuck yeah....

My username: High-Cap 1911
It ain't only for texans....but there are a BUNCH of us
" Low " is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2006, 04:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

please add to this everytime a new cheap ebay kit question pops up. if we keep it updated with more info, it will be more effective.

4 psi pull....

Old 12-05-2006, 06:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

very nice very nice i applaud you

much easier now
Old 12-23-2006, 10:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Send a message via AIM to psycheus Send a message via Skype™ to psycheus

Thanks for taking the time to make this thread.

psycheus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2006, 02:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

I would never put any of that shit on my car!!!!!!!!!
All that ebay stuff WILL FALL APART!!!!!!

It takes time and money to buld a fast car

if its cheap and reliable it will not be fast
if its cheap and fast it will not be reliable
if its fast and reliable it will not be cheap

sorry guys, it is whats it is
jpayso88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2006, 02:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpayso88 View Post
please do not speak of which you obviously have no experience with

have you ran one of the cheap turbos or WGs? if not, then your opinion does not matter

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2006, 06:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpayso88 View Post

It takes time and money to buld a fast car

if its cheap and reliable it will not be fast
if its cheap and fast it will not be reliable
if its fast and reliable it will not be cheap

sorry guys, it is whats it is
well thats not why i posted this thread man. i posted this thread because we have been getting so many posts about these ebay turbo parts. i didnt post it to bash on it. the manifolds will crack if they are not braced and the turbos will go out fast if they do not run oil restrictors.

dont post on this without expirience please. just add posts accordingly to the thread.

-kendall

4 psi pull....

Old 12-27-2006, 07:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

iTrader Score: 18 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94z6ex View Post
well thats not why i posted this thread man. i posted this thread because we have been getting so many posts about these ebay turbo parts. i didnt post it to bash on it. the manifolds will crack if they are not braced and the turbos will go out fast if they do not run oil restrictors.

dont post on this without expirience please. just add posts accordingly to the thread.

-kendall
would rep u for this thread but says i have to spread rep around first
1991rex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2007, 11:18 AM   #15 (permalink)

CrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the sky

Guess what!!! My turbo took a shit on me recently. Right around the 6k mile marker...Other than that my wg and mani are holding up just fine. I wouldn't buy the SSAuto Turbo EVER AGAIN!...I'm sending it into blast to hopefully be re-built...

By the way, i was using an oil restrictor and it was only running 8-10psi.

Quote:
Honestly, I would piss on his door handles. Regularly, like his door was my personal bathroom.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 mark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mark7901

Quote:
Guess what!!! My turbo took a shit on me recently.

oil spilling out through the exhaust side of the turbo?
mark7901 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2007, 08:26 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark7901 View Post
oil spilling out through the exhaust side of the turbo?
And major shaft play up and down...

Quote:
Old 01-12-2007, 05:47 AM   #18 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 mark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunnamark7901 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mark7901

Quote:
And major shaft play up and down...
yup, as soon as I fired mine up, I got tons of smoke out of the exhaust. I took the turbo off, and no smoke. I think I emptied about half a quart of oil from my intercooler.
mark7901 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2007, 10:20 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 Sexicivic2000 will become famous soon enoughSexicivic2000 will become famous soon enoughSexicivic2000 will become famous soon enough

here ya ebyers go! ssautoshiznot blur mani!!![

Fully built:d16y7 Block/Y8 Crank
Fully built:d16y8 stage 2 P/P Head
8:7:1 low comp.
T3/T4 Garret turbo

.50A/R .63/.57

custom setup R.I.P.

current setup:
98 B20 block /B16 head full type R spec'd
fully built high comp na beast ! :haha:

Pm me for parts huge So Cal garage sale everything must go local pick up welcome
Sexicivic2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2007, 05:38 PM   #20 (permalink)
allwheeldriveturboboxer

Rep Power: 25 builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!
builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to builthatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexicivic2000 View Post
here ya ebyers go! ssautoshiznot blur mani!!![
this is typical of poorly executed butt welds (hehe)

if the weld isn't purged, then you end up with crap in the inside tract AND most of the time, a poor connection, so it's a double whammy- the weak connection plus the restriction which will become a hot-spot. that combo is a perfect recipe for a crack.

turbo stuff is under pressure and deals with high heat, moreso that intakes and NA headers. it's my personal belief that supreme quality is very important with these types of parts...

builthatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in