Rage Racing - wants your thoughts - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Archived Technical Info Posts

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2005, 01:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series.org Sponsor

Rep Power: 15 Jason@Rage is learning the way of the DJason@Rage is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Default Rage Racing - wants your thoughts

With this ever changing market and company vs company fighting we feel that the customers have been left out. What we at Rage would like to know is what you guys are really looking for in a few areas -

New parts -
Part vs Part test -
Support -

I know this is a very open ended question but we are in the process of making all sorts of new parts as well as making some of the most common parts and really need "real" input from the people that mean most ------ you guys.

Maybe once we get some responces we can then make it alittle more of a direct discussion.

Thank you Jason Whitfield

Last edited by [email protected]; 06-04-2005 at 01:56 PM.
Jason@Rage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2005, 08:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series.org Sponsor

Rep Power: 15 Jason@Rage is learning the way of the DJason@Rage is learning the way of the D

man I see alot of people looking at this - but know one even has alittle thought to share?
Old 06-04-2005, 09:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
The H Badge is it!

Rep Power: 20 SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcanoSOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano
SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 30 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SOHC_Rules

I'd like to see an aluminum intake manifold and some header/intake manifold flow tests..

Old 06-04-2005, 09:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

berettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to berettagtz117

YOu too hook me up on a ALL motor Header! Look in my sig for my build in my thread, and tell me if I am worthy! I will show off your shit to everyone if you hook me along w/ a nice sticker in front windshield and rear if needed! I am tired of DC header

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx
us WA boys know how to do it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

good stuff Kyle

My New ARRRR!

My Thread!

Vouch Thread's

My Current rides"
00 Type R PY 1451
89 CRX SI "Project"
K7 GSXR 1k
K8 GSXR 600
K5 GSXR 750 "Track Bike Next year"
05 Tundra "Grocery Getter" LOL
berettagtz117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2005, 09:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
The H Badge is it!

Rep Power: 20 SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcanoSOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano
SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 30 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SOHC_Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by berettagtz117
YOu too hook me up on a ALL motor Header! Look in my sig for my build in my thread, and tell me if I am worthy! I will show off your shit to everyone if you hook me along w/ a nice sticker in front windshield and rear if needed! I am tired of DC header
werd then flowtest the dc vs your header!
Old 06-05-2005, 12:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
jdmism

Default comparison tests on various parts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC_Rules
werd then flowtest the dc vs your header!
back in the day Rad1 from TMR magazine(R.I.P.) did a head to head comparison on all the available headers that were on the market for the sohc D.

I don't remember all the info and I would have to dig it back out of my archives. But it was the BEST article I have ever read. It was done at Group 5 in SD and was administered by some third party that had nothing to do with the outcome.

I would love to see the same now days. turbo kits from GReddy, etc. headers from manufacturers, cams, etc all of it.

If a company is LEGIT, it will put out their parts for FREE to prove that their parts are the best for that certain application.
If not, I would start to question their motives in the industry...

The industry has been "whored" out for a long time now and needs some SOLID testing done by uninvolved third parties who have NOTHING to gain by the outcome of the testing. OTHER than wanting to put out the UNBIASED test results for the import community at large.

The testing should also be done at a facility where the public at large can come and see it for their own eyes WHILE the testing is going down and not some "top secret" test facility in mexico!!!!

I had a person I know that I have always respected and admired. He was prolly the gramps of the "D" back in the day. His name was Nathan Tasukon.
I met most of the industry "players" through him.

Ben Ma from Group5, Bill Gude from Gude Performance, Peter Ngyuen from ClutchMasters, Mr. Crower from Crower Cams, Javier G from JG, Oscar Jackson from Jackson Racing, Mr. Concialdi from AEM, Russ Collins from RC injectors, even Mr Shaun Carlson(the-greatest-photog-ever) from NuFormz and this guy named Jason with a metallic green crx(do you remember me?), and the list goes on....

I watched him BUY every part with his hard earned money, then pay for dyno time on EVERY PART, to see if it was making power, when it was making power and so on. Not taking the manufacturers word for it but finding out on his own and literally paying for it!!

The industry needs to step up and do this for the public.......nuff said!!

JDMism
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2005, 06:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Neighborhood Asshole is Back!

00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 00kickercivic

i agree.... when looking for a part.... dyno graphs proving the increases would be of great help on a part by part basis

93 Toyota Supra TT
13 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T
05 SeaDoo RXT
00kickercivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2005, 09:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 32 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Rexinre Send a message via Skype™ to Rexinre

What about some brake upgrades that aren't over 900 smacks. And something that would fit 15 and 16" rims instead of kits only for 17s and 18" rice rims (ie: aem...)

Check out my civic build here -->

Rexinre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2005, 12:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Dynoing different parts on one car might end up different on a car that has slighty different mods.

(Sorry, didn't mean to hijack)

brake upgrades?????

Brian Hasty of FastBrakes did ALOT of R&D with various brake setups. The 11" Accord Wagon/ITR setup fits under 15" GSR wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2005, 02:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 4drmadness smells like Borat4drmadness smells like Borat4drmadness smells like Borat4drmadness smells like Borat4drmadness smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 4drmadness

Graphs and charts to prove the worthiness for yoru ride and your $$ put out on it. A good comparison of the headers/turbo kits/exhausts would really be helpful to some newbies coming up and into the industry and help others w/ a tough decision they may be pondering w/ one or another companies product.

Another one as mentioned would be brake upgrades that won't blow the wallet...or the comparison between the less expensive barake upgarade to the more dramatice high proce tag setups.
thanks for listening and using the feedback left to help others...
4drmadness is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2005, 04:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmism
back in the day Rad1 from TMR magazine(R.I.P.) did a head to head comparison on all the available headers that were on the market for the sohc D.
I would love to see the same now days. turbo kits from GReddy, etc. headers from manufacturers, cams, etc all of it.
The industry has been "whored" out for a long time now and needs some SOLID testing done by uninvolved third parties who have NOTHING to gain by the outcome of the testing. OTHER than wanting to put out the UNBIASED test results for the import community at large.
The testing should also be done at a facility where the public at large can come and see it for their own eyes WHILE the testing is going down and not some "top secret" test facility in mexico!!!!
Ben Ma from Group5, Bill Gude from Gude Performance, Peter Ngyuen from ClutchMasters, Mr. Crower from Crower Cams, Javier G from JG, Oscar Jackson from Jackson Racing, Mr. Concialdi from AEM, Russ Collins from RC injectors, even Mr Shaun Carlson(the-greatest-photog-ever) from NuFormz and this guy named Jason with a metallic green crx(do you remember me?), and the list goes on....

The industry needs to step up and do this for the public.......nuff said!!

JDMism

This is what the big wiggs in the industry need to hear. Staright from the people that use the parts and want what they pay for. This has not been the case for some time now and as JDMISM stated the indusrty is a whores market now and we cant get real time info on the parts we want for our cars.

As he stated back in 98ish all the racers/tuners had to do all testing on our own cars with little help from anyone else. Nathen and I ( Jason ) were close friends back then and feed off of each other to see what parts worked and didnt work on our SOHC builds. His allmotor and mine was turbo - he has now traveled over to work for JGM ( motec usa ) and has had alot of luck in his tuning as well as job. Most of the other people he mentioned were huge in our own time but the new people coming up have left out the OG's.

The testing should be done in a or on a dyno that has no gain from the outcome. An engine dyno would be best and on 2 motors, 1 built and on stock. This would give the market the best of both worlds.

I also argee that the customer should not have to fork out the $ for the say 4 headers he or she wants to test. But the companies seem to have the mindset that it doesnt matter - what could we do to change that ?

Companies like Injen claim to have tested the intakes they "make in house." And as a distributor for them we have asked for dyno sheets for customes and have NEVER recieved 1 - not even 1. We did a test on the 2003 ex civic intake with stocj vs. injen vs. aem and the resoults were placed in MaxItOut video magazine with real time dyno video. The gain was 1/2 of what they advertize. How fair is that -

Just some thoughts -

Jason Whitfield ( the owner of the green crx back in the day )
Old 06-12-2005, 10:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
FF Misfit

Rep Power: 26 boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 24 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostdelinquent Send a message via MSN to boostdelinquent Send a message via Yahoo to boostdelinquent

I agree w/ the part to part testing mentioned above and would also like to see test that would show various combinations of parts and the power gained. You know, kinda like what import tuner does each month. That way, I as the consumer can see exactly what kinda gains I'll get from lets say I/H/E. I would't expect this sort of testing to be done w/ the competitions offering but it would be nice to know that if I spend my money on this or that combination of your products, I can expect X amount of gains in power. Another thing would be for the testing to be done w/ only 93 octane at a max. After all, those in cali can only get 91 and I can only get 93 unless i want to spend 4+ a gallon on turbo blue or C12.
That's b/c he is a BAMF son haven't you seen his other threads? He drinks cocktails all day long and sits by the pool. That whole "chuck norris is a badass" thing is a true story based off of Jakes life.

You don't know? Better ask somebody.
boostdelinquent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2005, 03:36 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 araychel is learning the way of the Daraychel is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

I would like to see a few tuners do D series buildups using their own parts. There was a B series "build off" recently in a mag, I can't remember which. I believe they had around 5-6 companies doing B series builds to see whose was better. Skunk2 and AEBS come to mind, but I can't remember the rest. I doubt that this is going to happen, even though there are a lot of companies making parts for the D's. Aren't SMSP and DonF going to be doing a D header test soon? That will be interesting!

Anyway, there are simply too many variables to contend with the get really accurate with this kind of testing. Some stuff won't work on a stock engine, and some stuff won't work together with certain mods.

The point I am about to make crosses over into another industry but, does anyone follow ATV or motorcycle performance at all? I used to race motocross with my ATV and in that industry, all the good builders sell engine packages that include everything needed to work together smoothly.

For those that are unfamiliar, a typical 2 Stroke engine package would include the following: Tuned exhaust pipe and silencer, air filter, new carburetor, modified stock or aftermarket cylinder head, ported cylinder, aftermarket high comp. piston. While a 2 stroke is much simpler than the engines in our cars, this was about 4 years ago. Now, due to emissions and such, most high performance ATV's and motorcycles are 4 stroke engines, which are much like our cars. There are single cylinder 4 stroke engines with 5 valve heads that make a ton of HP and rev to the moon. I am talking over 50 HP in an ATV the weighs approximately 350 lbs. and can rev to over 11000 RPM. The engine kits for these would normally include: tuned header and silencer, air filter, a carburetor jet kit for a stock carb or an aftermarket carburetor, new piston, cylinder head porting, 3 or 5 angle valve job, new valves, new camshaft, new cam chain, new ignition and probably a few other things.

The point I am trying to make is, these companies sell the whole kit that works together and it's tuned. I would like to see some companies in the sport compact industry try and do this. The market is so segmented, you have people building headers, others making cams, others making valves, others doing headwork. It just doesn't seem like many builders do it all so it will work well together. If they do, the prices are so astronomical that no one can afford it anyway.

Anyway, I realize there are so many other factors involved here that I haven't come close to touching on, so I'll wait for some replies to this thread to add some more.
araychel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2005, 01:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
Top Aussie

Rep Power: 17 nedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I'd love to see more aftermarket support for the DOHC ZC but i really think this probably isn't applicible as it's such a small market.

Last edited by nedgeworth; 08-08-2005 at 03:26 PM.
nedgeworth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2005, 02:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
Nor Cal D-series rider

Import Al It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Import Al Send a message via Yahoo to Import Al

I would like to see a full coilover setup with both street and race applications like Omnipower and Tein. I have been waiting on Exospeed to give an update on when they expect their kit to be ready but no word yet.

Keep the ideas coming guys, we've had some good ones so far!
Import Al is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2005, 07:05 PM   #16 (permalink)
is a douche bag

iTrader Score: 10 reviews

i like the way araychel is thinking about all the parts matching and being made to run together. i hear a lot of v8 guys talking like this.

this one here is a little selfish, but with the emissions testing and obd2 testing getting more and more strict, the later model cars are getting shut out on mods they can do to their cars. one problem that comes to mind is the obd2 auto trannies. i'd like to see development go further is this area due to the fact that it is very hard to pull off a manual swap on an obd2 car and keep the cel off for obd2 inspections. i know tha a lot of transmission shops won't even touch a honda transmission but i'm sure some kind of aftermarket tcm could be developed to help tune tune it to your liking. for instance being able to change the shift points and lock up points along with all the other features that a superchips type unit has. just a thought. i feel this type of unit is exactly what i need for my built y8 auto.
dragman99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2005, 10:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
Ferio inspired

Rep Power: 31 NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....
NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

find a way to refit older engine platforms with newer tech, i.e variable cam timing(VTC) in addition to variable valve lift(VTEC).

d series with a fat torque curve oh yeah
90 Civic EX 4dr- turbo D15b (sold)
98 Civic EX 4dr- USDM (99 front) (sold)
92 Accord EX 4dr- ricermobile(sold)
NastyHabitzCRX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2005, 10:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 20 k1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcano
k1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

i think with the industry today, we see a lot of companies that are doing well only because of name recognition. many do make good quality products, but most are being sold because *its so and so brand* or word of mouth *thats good cus its made by so and so* thats good for business, but as it was pointed out before, many companies are making it just business and not advancing actual performance. i think what we need is someone to really test everything out unbiasedly, much like they do in magazines...from these tests, consumers and enthusiasts can really get useful information on different products. as far as rage, i think you guys just need to have that proof from other people saying how well your products are. this shouldnt be hard jason, you guys do make great stuff

*Mia*
2000 Honda EJ8 D16Y8
EJ8 Squad #269
k1dfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2006, 08:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
still hungry

dohc zc parts are scarce. though it isn't a widely used engine, any parts developed would be scouped
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2006, 10:11 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 nation of kong is almost a somebodynation of kong is almost a somebodynation of kong is almost a somebodynation of kong is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nation of kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragman99
this one here is a little selfish, but with the emissions testing and obd2 testing getting more and more strict, the later model cars are getting shut out on mods they can do to their cars. one problem that comes to mind is the obd2 auto trannies. i'd like to see development go further is this area due to the fact that it is very hard to pull off a manual swap on an obd2 car and keep the cel off for obd2 inspections. i know tha a lot of transmission shops won't even touch a honda transmission but i'm sure some kind of aftermarket tcm could be developed to help tune tune it to your liking. for instance being able to change the shift points and lock up points along with all the other features that a superchips type unit has. just a thought. i feel this type of unit is exactly what i need for my built y8 auto.
Bingo! as long as other people need to drive my car I can't swap to a 5-speed. If it can help me get quicker with an Auto i'm all for it. Its alot to ask though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEP-tuningalltheway
"i blew my arm off..... rotory style"
My EJ8:

nation of kong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in