How to install polyurethane motor mount inserts! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org » D-series Knowledge Factory » Archived Technical Info Posts

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2005, 08:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 32 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Rexinre Send a message via Skype™ to Rexinre
Default How to install polyurethane motor mount inserts!

How to install polyurethane motor mount inserts!

Tools needed: razor blade, 2 jacks (or 1 jack and 1 stand), block of wood, cutting tool, and a socket set.

I had my motor out so it made the job easier; however, what you would need to do is…

Place on jack under the front of the car lifting it slightly. Then you place the other jack, or stand under the center of the motor, use a piece of wood or something to spread the weight of the motor evenly. Then slowly let the jack down a little taking the weight off the motor mounts.

Take the polyurethane motor mounts and properly place them where they fit. I went from (looking at picture) left front one (under the frame)… then to the back one, then the far right one.

Check out my civic build here -->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rexinre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2005, 08:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 32 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!

Next- taking off one mount at a time… Place the polyurethane insert into the mount, trimming if necessary.

After using the supplied zip ties to secure the mount, cut the excess off using a cutting tool.

Place the mount back onto the frame and reattach to the transmission.

Old 05-22-2005, 08:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Premium Member

Removing the next mount (rear) clean and place polyurethane insert into mount.

Snug fit like so…

Place the mount back onto the frame like so…

Old 05-22-2005, 08:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Premium Member

On the next mount I wanted to try and use screws and bolts, instead of the cheap plastic zip ties that came with the kit. Worked out very well!

Place mount back under frame… as you notice the plate stands more erect then it used to, proving the mount is actually stronger.

That’s it… any questions, comments, or suggestions feel free please!

Rexinre

Old 05-22-2005, 09:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
From B to D

Rep Power: 15 Street2uned  is slowly gaining respectStreet2uned  is slowly gaining respectStreet2uned  is slowly gaining respectStreet2uned  is slowly gaining respectStreet2uned  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Street2uned Send a message via Yahoo to Street2uned

I did this my both my b and d, love em! kinda had to go ghetto on the d I was in a rush and didn't wanna take the weight off the mounts...it was interesting, but I did it, minus the rear mount, still gotta crawl back there!

351whp & 243wtq @ 6.5psi :thehump: ALL JAP

06 Galaxy Gray Si
Precision SC6176S Turbo|AJP Turbo Manifold|HKS SSQ BOV|Tial WG|2.5" I/C piping|AJP FMIC|3" S/S Downpipe|S/S Dumptube|Walbro fuel pump|AJP 650cc inj.|AJP Fuel ret. system|AEM wideband/afr gauge|AJP Hondata Reflash|AJP 3" exhaust

Street2uned
Jax, FL C.C.
Street2uned is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2005, 11:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

nice write-up. too bad its not the same dor my car.

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2005, 11:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
TRIPtych

Very nice post. Thanks for the info. I had one question though. I have the black energy suspension kit (part #16.1105G) HONDA MOTOR MNT INSERTS and was wondering if this is all I need? I heard that there is "2" kits that you need for all the mounts? I have 6 bushings, is this the complete kit?
Thanks
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2005, 12:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

good shit Mitch glad to something is getting done to your ride ....

modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2005, 12:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Hondaphile

Rep Power: 17 ottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ottomaticjack Send a message via MSN to ottomaticjack Send a message via Yahoo to ottomaticjack

Nice write up man....looking to do that to my car as I think my stock mounts are gone...

Good sellers and stuff....NastyhabitzCRX, Icarusdown, Infamousz6, fast88, drew95eg, cuong-nutz, Sonny7730

"We have a blind date with destiny, and it looks like she ordered the lobster...."
ottomaticjack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2005, 12:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
Worst Mechanic Ever!

Haysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcano

Nice write up man. I've heard the polyurethane mounts suck for daily driving because it increases vibration. Do you have any problems with that? I alweays figured if your engine was firing right and tuned properly, it wouldn't be an issue.
Haysoos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2005, 01:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
From B to D

Rep Power: 15 Street2uned  is slowly gaining respectStreet2uned  is slowly gaining respectStreet2uned  is slowly gaining respectStreet2uned  is slowly gaining respectStreet2uned  is slowly gaining respect
Send a message via AIM to Street2uned Send a message via Yahoo to Street2uned

no, they aren't bad at all. Mounts like Hasport will increase vibration, b/c the motor is held in place tighter and all the vibration the motor makes is felt in the car. But these are nice.

Yes there is another kit for the remaining two mounts. Energy Suspension makes the torque mount inserts (the 3 shown in this thread) and Prothane makes the other two. About $35 for the 3 from Energy Suspension, and about $30 for the other 2 from Prothane.

351whp & 243wtq @ 6.5psi :thehump: ALL JAP

06 Galaxy Gray Si
Precision SC6176S Turbo|AJP Turbo Manifold|HKS SSQ BOV|Tial WG|2.5" I/C piping|AJP FMIC|3" S/S Downpipe|S/S Dumptube|Walbro fuel pump|AJP 650cc inj.|AJP Fuel ret. system|AEM wideband/afr gauge|AJP Hondata Reflash|AJP 3" exhaust

Street2uned
Jax, FL C.C.
Street2uned is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2005, 02:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

with the front lower inserts, no need to support the motor when pulling a tranny.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2005, 03:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haysoos
Nice write up man. I've heard the polyurethane mounts suck for daily driving because it increases vibration. Do you have any problems with that? I alweays figured if your engine was firing right and tuned properly, it wouldn't be an issue.
Don't know... motor is still out.

Old 05-22-2005, 05:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
No more Honda's :-(

Rep Power: 17 FMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via MSN to FMYStreetRacer

i was about to say use bolts and washers instead of the zip ties. my zip ties broke so i used bolts and washers. i can take my upper drivers mount off and the motor doesn't move at all.

the vibration isn't that bad either. the only time it's really bad is starting off in 1st gear.

83 RX-7 Wide Body, 4-port 13B street-ported, Cartech turbo system with blow through carbs

03 Kawasaki KLX400R tagged

FMYStreetRacer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2005, 06:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Only need the zip ties on the drivers lower so it doesn't walk out into the AC belt. I just used a large fender washer and it cure it.

PS this was before ES started including the zip ties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2005, 08:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

berettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to berettagtz117

Nice writeup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx
us WA boys know how to do it

good stuff Kyle

My New ARRRR!

My Thread!

Vouch Thread's

My Current rides"
00 Type R PY 1451
89 CRX SI "Project"
K7 GSXR 1k
K8 GSXR 600
K5 GSXR 750 "Track Bike Next year"
05 Tundra "Grocery Getter" LOL
berettagtz117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2005, 09:17 PM   #17 (permalink)
d-series.org OG

Top Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Top Aussie

that is fucking cool mitchel, ur the king

Top Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2005, 07:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
TRIPtych

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street2uned
no, they aren't bad at all. Mounts like Hasport will increase vibration, b/c the motor is held in place tighter and all the vibration the motor makes is felt in the car. But these are nice.

Yes there is another kit for the remaining two mounts. Energy Suspension makes the torque mount inserts (the 3 shown in this thread) and Prothane makes the other two. About $35 for the 3 from Energy Suspension, and about $30 for the other 2 from Prothane.
How much difference does it make having those other 2 from Prothane? I would assume it would be good to do them all if Im going to do them. Any comments?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2005, 04:58 AM   #19 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 cryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to cryz2 Send a message via Skype™ to cryz2

i got a set in the post the other day , mine is for the upper side mounts it came with two big steel washers , i am not to shour if thay fit at the fount or back of the mounts any one know ??????????? ;( thanks

TWIN CARBS BABY + Bisimoto Cam
Dyslexia sucks
cryz2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2005, 03:13 PM   #20 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

i just got mine installed and the car running again last week. i dont notice any more interior vibrations, even at idle. what i did notice is the noise made at idle in the car. it hums a bit louder. not bad though. overall im impressed. i havent got a chance to try them out in acceleration yet, still breaking in my new clutch.

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in