WRENCHIN' WITH TRAV - DIY Brake Master Cylinder Tech - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Archived Technical Info Posts

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2005, 01:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
d-series.org OG

Top Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Top Aussie
Default WRENCHIN' WITH TRAV - DIY Brake Master Cylinder Tech

Ok after rootin around in the workshop and doin some research i have designed and manafactured a Brake Master Cyliner Brace for my RHD eg.

here r some designs i found:

i made mine out of 1/2 inch threaded rod and 1/2 inch right angle, super heavy shit but i know it wont flew like some of the wimpy aluminum variations. This isnt a DIY coz i have a RHD and i found out there is no way a LHD brace will fit, i have to drill holes to fit it, u lucky LHD mofos have oem holes to mount it. so anyways, check my shit out. i have made one at this stage.

from this:

to this:

and a couple of test fits:

ok last night when i got home i thought of another variation of the design, makin it a lil better, but i am yet to try it out. this is my first prototype and i havent filed it or anything, i will prolly paint it blah blah. this it what i have now, i might write a DIY on how to fit it soon, but i need some1 to help and take photos but it involves moving brackets and drilling holes. to tighten just hold the inside nut with a spanner and du up the rod. simple.
im gonna do some market research, some more testing and R+D and hopefully take it from there.

what do u guys think?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Top Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2005, 01:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
peace out

Rep Power: 16 icarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

more awesome shit from the lab down under.
You should try and produce those if you come up with a nice unit.

what's it do anyway?

-ic
icarusdown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2005, 01:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
d-series.org OG

Top Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by icarusdown
more awesome shit from the lab down under.
You should try and produce those if you come up with a nice unit.

what's it do anyway?

-ic
thanks man, prolly will, my mates all want one, ill charge em 30 or something lol.

but basically it reduces/stops the flex of the firewall when under load ie. braking hard. just increase the 'feel' of the brake pedal, not for ricers lol but i have never used one so when the protoype is done ill test it out.

some ppl swear by em some ppl hate em but MOST ppl say for the right price they are worth it

ill hopefully get this one all 'dolled up' this arvo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-23-2005, 01:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 cryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to cryz2 Send a message via Skype™ to cryz2

you are the man !!!!!!!! have a look at t 90` timmber angel as thay are pre drilled
and are galvenized steel , in the uk we use them for roof rafters made of 2/2"

TWIN CARBS BABY + Bisimoto Cam
Dyslexia sucks
cryz2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2005, 02:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Top Aussie

Rep Power: 17 nedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Nice man!! Is there anyway you can mount it somewhere in that area that won't require holes drilled??
nedgeworth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2005, 02:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
d-series.org OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedgeworth
Nice man!! Is there anyway you can mount it somewhere in that area that won't require holes drilled??
not on these bloody rhd cars of ours

Old 03-23-2005, 02:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 16 cryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunna

what about off the top of the strut , use the bolts do a 90` droop 2" strate them a 90` with the studding rod thought it ????

Dyslexia sucks
Old 03-23-2005, 02:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
d-series.org OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryz2
what about off the top of the strut , use the bolts do a 90` droop 2" strate them a 90` with the studding rod thought it ????
yeah i thought bout that but i sorta wanted to have a simlir design to the other ones and also ppl with thick as fuck strut bars might not have enought room on the top of the strut.

Old 03-23-2005, 02:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

ok cool just an idear

Dyslexia sucks
Old 03-23-2005, 02:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
peace out

Rep Power: 16 icarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

I might try and make my own for my LHD crx. I looked at the prices on those manufactured units... $80-$110 for a little metal bracket? :shocked:

-ic
icarusdown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2005, 02:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
d-series.org OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by icarusdown
I might try and make my own for my LHD crx. I looked at the prices on those manufactured units... $80-$110 for a little metal bracket? :shocked:

-ic
yeah man, 185!!! here!! thats like 150USD!!

rip!

Old 03-23-2005, 02:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Levi Send a message via MSN to Levi

I would love to have one of these on my car. I saw a video of how much the firewall flexes under hard braking. These really do help out. Unfortunately I can not use one because my supercharger nose pulley sits right about where I could mount one of these. I might try something similar if I feel creative.

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:

1996 Integra Project Car:
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2005, 04:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
d-series.org OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnicolas
I would love to have one of these on my car. I saw a video of how much the firewall flexes under hard braking. These really do help out. Unfortunately I can not use one because my supercharger nose pulley sits right about where I could mount one of these. I might try something similar if I feel creative.
poor you, supercharger :haha:

Old 03-23-2005, 04:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

hmmmm im going to have to put my thinkin cap on for one of these ....nice work trav

modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2005, 04:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
d-series.org OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by modsHXcivi
hmmmm im going to have to put my thinkin cap on for one of these ....nice work trav

thanks man, ill send u one, oh hold on, lhd

Old 03-23-2005, 04:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

so have you done any testing of your new piece yet?? notice any differences? would you recommend this to others or no?

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2005, 04:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
d-series.org OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx
so have you done any testing of your new piece yet?? notice any differences? would you recommend this to others or no?
havent tested it mate, sill refining my design, soon tho i think all abr 1 or 2 ppl have sed good things bout em

Old 03-23-2005, 06:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Aussie
havent tested it mate, sill refining my design, soon tho i think all abr 1 or 2 ppl have sed good things bout em
well get on that shit!!

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2005, 07:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
d-series.org OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx
well get on that shit!!
soon fucker!! :haha:

Old 03-23-2005, 08:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
d-series.org OG

ok guys i have done some more work on my brace prototype.

cleaned it all up, extended the threaded rod 10mm, look better, i just need some new nuts and washers coz these ones look ghetto but u get the idea.
i also faced of the rod to a small point at the bmc end to fit better.

all u have to do now is finish painting it and drill mounting holes.

look:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in