WRENCHIN' WITH TRAV - Front Strut Bar Install - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Archived Technical Info Posts

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2005, 02:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
d-series.org OG

Top Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Top Aussie
Default WRENCHIN' WITH TRAV - Front Strut Bar Install

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself, d-series.org nor Underground Imports take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim: To fit a Front Strut Tower Bar to my eg5 Hatch.

Time: 30mins or less.

Required:
- Strut Bar
- 10mm Allen Key
-14mm Combo Spanner
-17mm Combo Spanner

Info:
The quickest and easiest way to improve the handling of ANY vehicle is to install an aftermarket strut bar, heres a quick guide to fitting one, allot easier than most people think.

Step 1:
Ok pop your bonnet and undo the 14mm strut top nuts. Do both left and right. Easy as.

Step 2:
Now with the nuts off, install the strut bar brackets and do up the 14mm bolts tight.

Step 3:
Ok now ensure the bar is not done up tight and is still a lil but loose( i mean if you are fitting an adjustable bar)

Step 4:
Ok when install the drivers side u may notice that there isnt much room with the throttle cabble being mounted on the tower, dont fret, just need to bend it away till u have enough clearance, like so.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Top Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2005, 02:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
d-series.org OG

Top Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcano

Step 5:
Ok now tighten it all up, the 14mm on the bracket and the 17mm on the bar adjuster.

Step 6:
Ok now double check everything is done up tight and also check if teh bar is sturdy, whats the point if it isnt? lol. If all is tight you are all done!! Well Done!!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-13-2005, 03:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

looks good trav. you're all over these DIYs lately. i like

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2005, 03:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
d-series.org OG

yeah man im all over that shit, and i got more coming

thanks

Old 03-13-2005, 03:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

sexy trav how do you like it ....notice any diff in the handling

modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2005, 04:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
havent you seen my MOVIES?

whitemike It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to whitemike

looks good... how much that strut bar cost ya?
Old 03-13-2005, 04:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
d-series.org OG

ok guys just to clear things up, ive had this bar on for a while and i thought i might just take it off and refit it for fun and to do a write up.

this forum is so dead and thats a shame!

so cliff yeah man i got it on and i felt a difference but now its just the norm, u know

and mike man i sell these and im australia so i dont know how much to say man, i sell em for about 120rrp AUSD, if that helps.

Old 03-14-2005, 04:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 32 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Rexinre Send a message via Skype™ to Rexinre

Nice job again.

I didn't notice a difference on mine...

Check out my civic build here -->

Rexinre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2005, 05:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Levi Send a message via MSN to Levi

lookin good Trav!

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:

1996 Integra Project Car:
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2005, 02:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
I used to be Admin.....

Rep Power: 16 Deck is obviously a regularDeck is obviously a regularDeck is obviously a regularDeck is obviously a regularDeck is obviously a regularDeck is obviously a regularDeck is obviously a regularDeck is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Deck

Heh...he called the wrench a spanner!

Rep your D-series motor proudly! Get all your D-series.org clothing here!!

"Procrastination is like masterbation - you are only screwing yourself."

"...you guys are describing the turbo spool. it's not a disconcerting sound...it's sexual." - random NASIOC member
Deck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2005, 07:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
d-series.org OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck
Heh...he called the wrench a spanner!
nice spot deck, ive done it many times lol

Old 03-15-2005, 09:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
I used to be Admin.....

Rep Power: 16 Deck is obviously a regularDeck is obviously a regularDeck is obviously a regularDeck is obviously a regularDeck is obviously a regularDeck is obviously a regularDeck is obviously a regularDeck is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Deck

I dont go thru the tech stuff anymore on here. All my tech browsing is done on www.nasioc.com now . I think I might know almost all there is to know about working on Hondas....I just havent experienced a lot of it!!! But I like to think that I could tear a motor out without any probs....

Spanner.....awesome....!!!

Rep your D-series motor proudly! Get all your D-series.org clothing here!!

"Procrastination is like masterbation - you are only screwing yourself."

"...you guys are describing the turbo spool. it's not a disconcerting sound...it's sexual." - random NASIOC member
Deck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in