WRENCHIN' WITH TRAV - Header Install - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Archived Technical Info Posts

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2005, 02:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
d-series.org OG

Top Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Top Aussie
Default WRENCHIN' WITH TRAV - Header Install

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself, d-series.org nor Underground Imports take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim: Fit 2peice 4-2-1 Stainless steel Exforce header to eg5 Si.

Time: 1-2hr depending on how tight the bolts are

Required:
- Header
- Manifold sealant
- Jacks, ramps etc.
- 14mm, 12mm sockets
- 14mm, 12mm ring spanner
- 14mm, 12mm open enders
- WD40
- Breaker bar(maybe)
- Big Common screwdriver

Info:
OK this is a pretty easy DIY, i did it by myself but id recommend gettin a mates help because some of the bolts r very tight and doin shit by yourself can be just dam boring, Good luck!

Step 1:
Jack ur car up approprately. I took off my front bar and drove onto some ramps to do my header, my car is very low and i dont trust laying under my car just on a jack so this is what it looked like. Dont foget to let ur car cool a lil bit because its quite hard to do when its hot.

Step 2:
Check your parts, make sure ur header has the right pieces and gaskets etc

Step 3:
Make 2pcs one get some sealant, do up the studs with 2 locked nuts, then chuck ur nuts on and do all up. make sure u dont skimp on the manifold sealant also.

Step 4:
Ok now its time to get into it, remove the 12mm bolts holding on your exhaust manifold head sheild. This is easy, just undo the bolts, i think there is about 4.

Step 5:
Remove the 02 sensor. This thing is a bitch, took me like 10mins to figure out how to tak it apart without breaking it. be careful they r only clips.

still going...................
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CHECKPARTS1.JPG (40.9 KB, 1403 views)
File Type: jpg CHEACKPARTS2.JPG (47.6 KB, 1328 views)
File Type: jpg STEP1_JACKEDUP.JPG (74.7 KB, 1477 views)
File Type: jpg REMOVE SHIELD.JPG (109.0 KB, 1357 views)
File Type: jpg REMOVEO2.JPG (82.7 KB, 1331 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Top Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2005, 02:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
d-series.org OG

Top Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcano

Step 6:
Ok now take the sheild off.

Step 7:

Loose and remove the 2 bolts on the flange connecting to stock header to the catalytic convertor. They have are sping loaded so be aware. one is 12mm(front) and 14mm(rear).

Step 8:
Find and remove header bracket on the passenger side of the header, just near the il sump plug. they are 12mm and not that tight.

Step 9:
Ok one more bolt and the header is off, there is one last 14mm bolt on the front of the block holding the header on, it was SOOOOO tight!! i had to use a breaker bar on it so i could some leverage, i broke a ratchet on it too. be carefu not to bust ur knuckles.

still goin...........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SHIELDOFF.JPG (76.4 KB, 1326 views)
File Type: jpg REMOVECATBOLTS.JPG (45.3 KB, 1538 views)
File Type: jpg BRACKETBOTLS FIND.JPG (54.9 KB, 1356 views)
File Type: jpg BRACKETBOLTSOFF.JPG (44.1 KB, 1285 views)
File Type: jpg cunt.jpg (63.6 KB, 1623 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
d-series.org OG

Step 10:
Ok now its time to remove the stock mani off ur block. Spray the 12mm bolts with some WD40. Then take them off.

Step 11:
Ok no take that ungly manifold off. pry the bracket apartand just jimmy it around until it comes out, i didnt get to many pics of these as i was swearing like a mofo, takes a bit of patience because there is next to no room.

Step 12:
woot woot! its off!! next to the xforce header u can see the differences in design.

ok now u have to remove the 'donut' re install to the xfroce header

still goin......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WD40ONMANIBOLOTSY0.JPG (72.0 KB, 1340 views)
File Type: jpg REMOVING MANIBOLTS.JPG (66.9 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg PRYCRAKCET OFF.JPG (49.2 KB, 1296 views)
File Type: jpg OLDVS NEW.JPG (36.8 KB, 1312 views)
File Type: jpg DONUT.JPG (37.4 KB, 1361 views)

Old 02-22-2005, 02:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Levi Send a message via MSN to Levi

crikey! that is one nice looking header! you assembled it before you put it in? I have never done a 2 piece header that way, always put the top part on, then put the bottom part on. looks good Trav! eg squad represent!

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:

1996 Integra Project Car:
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2005, 02:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 hondaboy92 is a name known to allhondaboy92 is a name known to allhondaboy92 is a name known to allhondaboy92 is a name known to allhondaboy92 is a name known to allhondaboy92 is a name known to allhondaboy92 is a name known to allhondaboy92 is a name known to allhondaboy92 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

what does it take to be on the EG Squad Levi?....guess you gotta be special...and have a hatch.. , jk looks like an awesome header there Trav...let us know how it performs

1993 Honda Civic EX - D15B7 Goodness
1991 Nissan 240sx - RB20DET Power
hondaboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2005, 03:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 cryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to cryz2 Send a message via Skype™ to cryz2

nice photos!!!!!!!!!!!! did you get a gasket for the 4into 2 part or did you just want to be supa safe with the liquid gasget ?

TWIN CARBS BABY + Bisimoto Cam
Dyslexia sucks

Last edited by cryz2; 02-22-2005 at 03:17 PM.
cryz2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2005, 03:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
civiccrazy93

ahhh shyte!Trav does it again!!!!what up bro?I see you have a new toy for your motor.Good shyt trav!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2005, 03:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
d-series.org OG

Step 12 continued:
Fit the 'donut' to the exforce header.

Step 13:
Now we have to intall the 02 sensor in the xforce header, simple swap, take it out of the old one(will be tight) and then in it goes.

Step 14:
Ok now remove stock manifold gasket and fit the new one to the block, with lots of mani sealant.

Step 15:
Jimm teh header in thge engine bay from under the car, this make take some time and patience. :rolleys: Refit the 12mm bolts on the block.
and then do the ones on teh flange cat and your done! there bracket is not needed to support these headers so u need not to worry.

Step 16:
Ok now make sure all nuts/bolt are done up tight so it doesnt leak.
Start your engine and let it idle for a while, it will stick as the mani seal cures with the heat and it might steam a lil but too depening on how much WD40 u get everywhere.

After the car is warmed up go for a drive and listem for any leaks, leaks will sound like a loud clicking, if u hear this head back and re tighten everything.

ok if i have missed anything or u have questions, just post or pm me

Congratulations on fitting your Xforce 2 pc Stainless steel header!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg REFITDONUT.JPG (34.6 KB, 1303 views)
File Type: jpg REFITO2SENSOR.JPG (63.6 KB, 1739 views)
File Type: jpg REFITO2SENSOR2.JPG (48.7 KB, 1322 views)
File Type: jpg MANIONFIT 12BOLTS.JPG (75.0 KB, 1283 views)

Old 02-22-2005, 03:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
d-series.org OG

BAH!!! u guys jumped the gun!!

bloody hell

ok with the gasket i got a new with the header so i fitted it and took the stock one off, it wasnt leaking or anything.

and yeah the eg squad is an official alliance of some dope eg hbs....

similar to the top aussie posse

Old 02-22-2005, 03:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 cryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to cryz2 Send a message via Skype™ to cryz2

good job looks like a nice bit of kit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TWIN CARBS BABY + Bisimoto Cam
Dyslexia sucks
cryz2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2005, 03:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 hondaboy92 is a name known to allhondaboy92 is a name known to allhondaboy92 is a name known to allhondaboy92 is a name known to allhondaboy92 is a name known to allhondaboy92 is a name known to allhondaboy92 is a name known to allhondaboy92 is a name known to allhondaboy92 is a name known to all

Im loving the finished product...never heard of that brand tho, it looks dope as hell

PS: Trav...you got no love for EG sedans? must be why im not in the Top Aussie posse or the EG Squad...damn...popularity has never been my thing

Old 02-22-2005, 03:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
civiccrazy93

Too bad it doesn't look as nice as mine ,trav!lol
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2005, 03:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

great tread trav ...not only is the top aussie .....the TOP AUSSIE ....hes a DYI kinda guy

modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2005, 03:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
d-series.org OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by modsHXcivi
great tread trav ...not only is the top aussie .....the TOP AUSSIE ....hes a DYI kinda guy
yeah DYI owns her mods

yeah i like sedans ya girl, i didnt make the sqaud just stole the banner!!

hmm make a sedan one and your set

Old 02-22-2005, 03:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Kiss my dick....lol jk...maybe i can find one to steal...hmmm

Old 02-22-2005, 03:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to spoonbender

isn't it d.i.y???? j/f/w/y guy's! good job!!!

"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if pac man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music." - nintendo exec. circa 1987

Reputable Seller(s):

jake2001z001
shorty_du_op
spoonbender is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2005, 03:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
d-series.org OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonbender
isn't it d.i.y???? j/f/w/y guy's! good job!!!
yeah man, mods it just retarded.

Old 02-22-2005, 04:32 PM   #18 (permalink)
Top Aussie

Rep Power: 17 nedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatnessnedgeworth is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

nice work man!! Almost the same as i did mine the day before. Cept i put it together in pieces not as one. Also ECU reset man!!
nedgeworth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2005, 04:34 PM   #19 (permalink)
d-series.org OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedgeworth
nice work man!! Almost the same as i did mine the day before. Cept i put it together in pieces not as one. Also ECU reset man!!

bah! reset this :haha:

Old 02-22-2005, 07:46 PM   #20 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Aussie
bah! reset this :haha:
hahahahahhahahaha

nice write-up trav!!

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in