Flow rate for oil pumps - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Archived Technical Info Posts

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2005, 02:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Flow rate for oil pumps

Hey i've look around a bit for the answer but found nothing.I know the size differnce between the b2 and b7 oil pump but what is the the different in the flow rates between the too? (if there is any?). or in that matter all the flow rates.

Thanks
boud92si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2005, 06:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

they are the same. Honda only really screwed thing up on the Y7/Y8 motors.

The D15B2/7, D16A6, and D16Z6 all share the same oil pump.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2005, 06:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cool User Title Here

Location: 7.5 hours north of Modshxcivic, 6.5 hours north of Rexinre's house (he says only 5 hours) (MAINE)
Rep Power: 23 Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Honda4VW Send a message via MSN to Honda4VW Send a message via Yahoo to Honda4VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex
they are the same. Honda only really screwed thing up on the Y7/Y8 motors.

The D15B2/7, D16A6, and D16Z6 all share the same oil pump.
You could school your friends over at the "other" sohc site. Specifically Ryancivic2000. He will not believe this

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Honda4VW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2005, 02:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 konigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

transzex i always see you write and ather people say the y7 and y8 oil pumps are shit.. im not saying your wrong or anything but i have a y7, what should we look out for or can we do anything to prevent engine failure due to lack of oil pressure or flow? is there any proof of this or just a few people who forget to check their oil and blame it on the pump..

thanks
konigcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2005, 03:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cool User Title Here

Location: 7.5 hours north of Modshxcivic, 6.5 hours north of Rexinre's house (he says only 5 hours) (MAINE)
Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
Send a message via AIM to Honda4VW Send a message via MSN to Honda4VW Send a message via Yahoo to Honda4VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by konigcivic
transzex i always see you write and ather people say the y7 and y8 oil pumps are shit.. im not saying your wrong or anything but i have a y7, what should we look out for or can we do anything to prevent engine failure due to lack of oil pressure or flow? is there any proof of this or just a few people who forget to check their oil and blame it on the pump..

thanks
There is about a 30% difference in output from obd1 D16's to OBD2 D16's at a similar RPM range. Check this out:

OBD1:

OBD2:

Old 01-09-2005, 10:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

civic4ges, THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Myself I've grown weary of correcting misinfo. Somedays I try to help, other days I don't give a shit. Only reason at first I came here, but good info on both forums.

SEARCH esp. with google goes along ways.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2005, 08:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cool User Title Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex
civic4ges, THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Myself I've grown weary of correcting misinfo. Somedays I try to help, other days I don't give a shit. Only reason at first I came here, but good info on both forums.

SEARCH esp. with google goes along ways.......
I try and help all I can, however some just won't believe certain things (oil pump ratings, injector flow ratings). So I leave my comments as that, MY COMMENTS. Its hard to keep trying when everyone wants to believe everything else they read!

Old 01-10-2005, 05:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 konigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic4ges
There is about a 30% difference in output from obd1 D16's to OBD2 D16's at a similar RPM range. Check this out:

OBD1:

OBD2:
WOW awesome find.. this should be kept as a sticky or something.. this is important information for all to see.. this is like the end all to the oil pump flow rate thing...

now that there is rock solid information showing the obd2 flows less can the 0bd1 d16 oil pump be placed into an 0bd2 block .. has anyone tried this..
konigcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2005, 06:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
infinatenexus

The "Y" series pump gear is also cast out of a much weaker material.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2005, 06:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cool User Title Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinatenexus
The "Y" series pump gear is also cast out of a much weaker material.
This I did not know. Any thought on swapping Z6 internals into a y8 pump housing??

Old 01-11-2005, 05:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
infinatenexus

Never tried it. I was going to senda Y8 gear to a frend back in TX and have him machine one out of a more durable material.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in