Header i made - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Archived Technical Info Posts

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2005, 09:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 lohatch will become famous soon enoughlohatch will become famous soon enoughlohatch will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Default Header i made

hey guys i posted this over on sohchonda.com but some of you might not venture over there so i thought i would share it here as well. i just finished mocking this up yesterday and took it over to my buddies house to make sure it would fit in the engine bay, since i mocked it on a motor on a stand. everything fits very well and i will be able to retain power steering with it. unfortunetely it is winter here in MN and i have my car put away and the motor ripped out, so it will be a few months before i can dyno it and see what kind of numbers it makes.
1 5/8" piping, 27 inch primaries, equal length, true merge, 2.5" exit. will be going on a fairly modified engine so hoping it makes power.

lohatch is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2005, 09:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cool User Title Here

Location: 7.5 hours north of Modshxcivic, 6.5 hours north of Rexinre's house (he says only 5 hours) (MAINE)
Rep Power: 23 Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Honda4VW Send a message via MSN to Honda4VW Send a message via Yahoo to Honda4VW

Very nice work and design. Hope you welds hold up good!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Honda4VW is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2005, 10:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
infinatenexus

thats quite impressive
  Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2005, 10:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 15 GREENmeansGO is learning the way of the DGREENmeansGO is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

good lookin header!!!!how much you got into it?
GREENmeansGO is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2005, 10:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
97HatchDXStockr

Who do you recomend going to for dyno time, Im guessing your in the twin cities area?
Old 01-01-2005, 10:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews
Thumbs up

Great job.
guest is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2005, 11:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
DOG
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 18 DOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DOG

Nice work! Want to meake one for me?lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DOG is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2005, 11:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
master welder

Rep Power: 16 vtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunnavtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunnavtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunnavtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunnavtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunnavtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunnavtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunna

did you take any step by step pics when constructing it? What method did you use to mock it up...flex pipe or what? Also, like someone asked above...how much you got into it? Did you use a mandrel bender or did you just cut prebent U's?
Old 01-01-2005, 11:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

look nice good job

modsHXcivi is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2005, 09:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 mynameistin  is accepted as part of the communitymynameistin  is accepted as part of the communitymynameistin  is accepted as part of the communitymynameistin  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mynameistin

power to ya buddie...wish i could fab one up
Old 01-02-2005, 10:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 lohatch will become famous soon enoughlohatch will become famous soon enoughlohatch will become famous soon enough

hey guys
i did not take any pictures doing the mock up process. i dont personally have a digital camera so i used my buddies when i was at his house. it is constructed of mild steel, so that kept cost down some on this unit. i am an automotive engineering major at MSU mankato and have free access to the dyno at school. i recently got my business license and started Red District Racing Products and i distribute many aftermarket honda racing parts, but i would like to get heavily into fabrication of headers, manifolds, cages, etc. right now i am just focusing on the building of our race car for the upcoming season. we will be campaigning the IMPORT WARS QUICK 16 class and trying to make it to a few BOTI events. so im just trying to get things off the ground a little, get my degree, and build some quality parts and test the hell out of them before i sell anything to anybody. i realize money is hard to come by, so when i sell products i want them to be top-notch and proven. i didnt create this thread in an attempt to sell product i was just pumped about mocking this up and wanted to share it with you guys. i am honored that it got stickied and i will keep you guys posted. have a great day=)

Last edited by lohatch; 01-02-2005 at 12:11 PM.
Old 01-02-2005, 12:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
minimesleeper

congrats on your accomplishment. hope all works out very well when goin to the dyno then. keep us updated.
Old 01-02-2005, 12:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
master welder

Rep Power: 16 vtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunnavtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunnavtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunnavtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunnavtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunnavtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunnavtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunna

Good response man...you just forgot a couple. What did you use to mock it up..flex pipe or some type of tubing or what? Did you use a pipe bender or cut pre-bent U's? What do you think your final cost was?
Old 01-02-2005, 12:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 streetforce is starting to learn the ropesstreetforce is starting to learn the ropesstreetforce is starting to learn the ropesstreetforce is starting to learn the ropesstreetforce is starting to learn the ropesstreetforce is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to streetforce

really nice job man

Mcleod is a great seller!!!!

SQAUD = TOO FUNNY HAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Q A D
those bitches are NASTY

makes my pants sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Q A D
damn man, you were playing it cool
I'd be banging that married chick in a motel somewhere while her husband watches the
kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb34
mudflaps are gay, take them off
i dont care if they are jdm. edm, gaydm or whatever they are gay
streetforce is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2005, 02:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

i started with runner #4 and just went from there. i dont have a mandrel bender so i bought 180 degree bends and cut them where i wanted/needed. i probably have about $130 in materials without welding/grinding materials and equipment, and that is for mild steel products. i will have over 40 hrs into it by the time i'm done i am sure.
Old 01-02-2005, 02:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

holy shit!! that is fucking amazing!! i ilke it a lot, cant wait to see the dyno results.

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2005, 02:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 zeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to zeus zore Send a message via MSN to zeus zore

how about the welding "spikes" inside..think about the flow

Setup on Z6 :
SMSP header, Arias 11.5 pistons, eagle rods, edelbrock IM, 60mm TB, Crower springs/ti. retainer, AKMEE Type R Cam, Crower cam gear, Hondata.
zeus zore is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2005, 03:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
master welder

RYAN....DUDE YOU READ MY MIND!!! That pic you had made that bitches ass look real terrible..no offense....that pic you got there is the hotness!
Old 01-02-2005, 04:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
One Big Cam

Rep Power: 16 greddytunedhatch smells like Boratgreddytunedhatch smells like Boratgreddytunedhatch smells like Boratgreddytunedhatch smells like Boratgreddytunedhatch smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greddytunedhatch

I guess I'll sound stupid, but isn't that header a little long with a lot of bends? I know a couple of guys that own/race a car, and their exhaust had smaller bends and went straight out the side of the front bumper. It seems to me that that header has to many bends to be as affective as you'd want a race car to be. I'm just curious to know how you came up with that design. Let me know...

Looks mean tho!
Old 01-02-2005, 04:21 PM   #20 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 cryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunna
Send a message via MSN to cryz2 Send a message via Skype™ to cryz2

nice job mate

TWIN CARBS BABY + Bisimoto Cam
Dyslexia sucks
cryz2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in