The D15Beast7 lives again... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Archived Technical Info Posts

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2004, 12:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews
Default The D15Beast7 lives again...

what was 135 hp (118 whp) has been improved a bit........

Took my old D15B7 with CRX cam and Z6 intake........allowed Ryan (D-Blocked) to port the head (pics have been listed before) then added a Gude ported Z6 intake manifold and bored thorttle body.

Ryan rode with me during first test drive. Mine you I was using a my STOCK DX exhaust manifold and cat (so quiet at idle!) and P28 ECU with the chip that got 44 mpg in the Z6, using same DX tranny.

First hard pull in first gear, 5000 to 6800 revlimiter was right NOW. After a few pulls we come to a nice traffic light, all I could say was "WOW!"........

My little D15 impressed the shit out of me, enough that all ZEX parts will likely be sold soon.

Did I mention the stock exhaust manifold and cat?????? WTF will this BEAST do when ALLOWED to breath?????????

With a Exospeed cam????????

New goal, 13.99 on a NA D15, screw nitrous.

Also with the highway tranny I wanna get 50 mpg with current setup.

I will have my cake and eat it TOO!!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2004, 02:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 Photonic_Si  is slowly gaining respectPhotonic_Si  is slowly gaining respectPhotonic_Si  is slowly gaining respectPhotonic_Si  is slowly gaining respectPhotonic_Si  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Photonic_Si

Sounds like a nice B7. 13.99 hope to see that!!! D15B7's ROCK!

mugen無限power
Photonic_Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2004, 03:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SilentWrath* It's a JDM Star Bitches....SilentWrath* It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 34 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex
what was 135 hp (118 whp) has been improved a bit........

Took my old D15B7 with CRX cam and Z6 intake........allowed Ryan (D-Blocked) to port the head (pics have been listed before) then added a Gude ported Z6 intake manifold and bored thorttle body.
do you have any links to the pics of the head or should i search on H-T???
sounds like fun, is that on a stock bottom end or did you do the d15 long rod???

plan to keep the dx tranny??? or is this just the current setup???
<stock block d15b build complete.>
*Turbo Fabrication by Greg @ GO-AUTOWORKS.*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Tuned by Howard @ RLZ Engineering.*

SilentWrath* is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2004, 08:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

The DX tranny just for now. Being jobless = need MPG!!!!!!! One of my close ratio gearboxes will go in with a OBX diff in the spring.

The short block is BONE STOCK with about 130,000 miles on it. I only cleaned the piston tops.

The head........pics were posted awhile back on sohchonda.com

Gude TB and intake, only paid $50 for both........

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 11-21-2004, 08:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

nice nice nice loving that port job

modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2004, 10:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Well, I took it out for a long drive after filling up the tank.........

2800-2900 rpm, 65-68 mph, 118 miles later gas gauge hasn't moved yet.

500 miles to a tank of gas is my prediction.

Yes, you can have 145 hp D15 and get 50 mpg too!!!!!

Quote:

Last edited by transzex; 11-22-2004 at 02:26 AM.
Old 11-22-2004, 01:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Proof I is a redneck..............

The engine lift.........

the Ox yoke thru the attic opening.........yellow rope for tranny swap......hold the motor up via upper dizzy bolt......

D15 back home again........

Something is missing, must have misplaced it 5-6 years ago.......oh well.......(thank god for ES inserts!)

Quote:
Old 11-22-2004, 05:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 4 reviews

I love the engine hoist. Thats the setup we had for a while in a friends garage, the come-along and straps.

Glad to hear the b7 is rocking that hard. That motor + the OBX + radials/slicks should take you to 13.9 pretty easily.

Wil at Exospeed should be able to hook you up pretty well on a cam.

SOHC ZC I/H/E now

94 Civic coupe EX
Stock

91 CRX DX - Wrecked
bgladfelter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2004, 06:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

damn, sounds like a nice setup. for the engine hoist

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2004, 06:46 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Whoa!!!
Invisible Engine Mount!!!
HumanResource is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2004, 09:22 AM   #11 (permalink)
average joe

S Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

holy shit - your engine lift is ghetto thats awesome

good luck with the 13.99

|
|
S Q A D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2004, 09:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
DOG
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 18 DOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DOG

Nice job with the b7!! Great thread, and I like the hoist. Looks like mine.

DOG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2004, 10:03 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 BseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

ill race you to the goal ill be dissapointed if the gutted d16 crx gets owned by eg with the d15beast7.....im close though ran a 14.2 withonly 14 degrees of timing and next time i wont lift...goodluck hope you make it to the 13's...
BseriesKllR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2004, 06:36 AM   #14 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to 1cam

good luck.......keep us posted

1cam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2004, 04:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series wise guy

Rep Power: 16 kommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kommon_sense Send a message via Yahoo to kommon_sense

that is the most ghetto fabulous engine hoist I've ever seen... don't know whether to shake my head or applaud...

|
|
kommon_sense is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2004, 12:23 AM   #16 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

I didn't have a tree in the yard big enough

Quote:
Old 11-25-2004, 12:48 AM   #17 (permalink)
Shackle me NOT!!!

flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....

very ghetto engine hoist.......we didn't even have one.........we just used brute force. If I did that shit at my place, it probably would have pulled the roof down.
flatfourfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2004, 02:02 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series lover

p28 ecu works on a non-vtec motor? what kind of chip do you have?
wazup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2004, 06:19 PM   #19 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

what chip you want???????

Stock, Jun, Mugen, XS, Locash.........

Quote:
Old 11-27-2004, 09:52 PM   #20 (permalink)
bspeed

Why would you want to run the vtec ecu over non? in a non-vtec engine
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in