RageRacing D series header - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Archived Technical Info Posts

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2004, 01:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series.org Sponsor

Rep Power: 15 Jason@Rage is learning the way of the DJason@Rage is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Default RageRacing D series header

We just wanted to share this with other SOHC lovers and were told about this site yesterday..If this is posted wrong im sorry -

This our new header that works with ac/ps

Jason@Rage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2004, 01:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series.org Sponsor

Rep Power: 15 Jason@Rage is learning the way of the DJason@Rage is learning the way of the D

I also wanted to give info on the car we used, it was a stock 92 cvc dx 1.5 liter with 190,000 miles. The test was done stock exhaust manifold verses our new header. This was done on a dyno jet 248 chassis dyno and room and engine temp were watched to match each test. Hope you like and any input would be great.
Old 10-03-2004, 02:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Zulu

Sweet!! Prices (approximate)? Will this be bolt on, or wiil a muffler shop need to install it?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2004, 02:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 zeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to zeus zore Send a message via MSN to zeus zore

collector size ?! 2.5 or what ? more info !.. thx

Setup on Z6 :
SMSP header, Arias 11.5 pistons, eagle rods, edelbrock IM, 60mm TB, Crower springs/ti. retainer, AKMEE Type R Cam, Crower cam gear, Hondata.
zeus zore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2004, 03:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

iTrader Score: 15 reviews

I have been following the threads from HT and SH web forums and have seen some pretty good info on these headers. I think that the price can be posted here (correct me if I am wrong d series gods). This is a great mod for us guys who want to keep our ps and ac.
Old 10-03-2004, 03:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series.org Sponsor

Im new to this site so I am looking into the rules before I do anything wrong. On other sites it is a very touchy thing to post prices. This is what I can say *it does work it *will be closly priced to others of the same design in the market *and we love it. I will post as soon as I know the rules.
Old 10-03-2004, 03:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu
Sweet!! Prices (approximate)? Will this be bolt on, or wiil a muffler shop need to install it?
Bolt on at the head will only require you to loosen up the mounts on the ac/radiator then pretty easy. Then the tri-y is slip on and bolt together, but the connection to the exhaust is up to the customer.
Old 10-03-2004, 03:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 zeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respect
Send a message via ICQ to zeus zore Send a message via MSN to zeus zore

i see no problem in posting the price !?
or telleing some more about how big it is ETC..
and who makes them ?

Setup on Z6 :
SMSP header, Arias 11.5 pistons, eagle rods, edelbrock IM, 60mm TB, Crower springs/ti. retainer, AKMEE Type R Cam, Crower cam gear, Hondata.
zeus zore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2004, 03:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 AgentJam is learning the way of the DAgentJam is learning the way of the D

How big are primaries/collector and by saying connection is up to customer you mean there will be no flange after collector just a bare pipe correct?

Vince
Old 10-03-2004, 04:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
average joe

S Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

I just want to let everyone know RageDzine will soon be an OFFICIAL d-series.org sponsor and we look forward to doing business with them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

Last edited by S Q A D; 10-08-2004 at 03:19 PM.
S Q A D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2004, 04:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SilentWrath* It's a JDM Star Bitches....SilentWrath* It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 34 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageDzine
I also wanted to give info on the car we used, it was a stock 92 cvc dx 1.5 liter with 190,000 miles. The test was done stock exhaust manifold verses our new header. This was done on a dyno jet 248 chassis dyno and room and engine temp were watched to match each test. Hope you like and any input would be great.
the 92 civic dx used the stock cat, and stock tiny exhaust piping??stock airbox??? on both tests (with and without rage header)????
<stock block d15b build complete.>
*Turbo Fabrication by Greg @ GO-AUTOWORKS.*

*Tuned by Howard @ RLZ Engineering.*

SilentWrath* is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2004, 07:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWrath*
the 92 civic dx used the stock cat, and stock tiny exhaust piping??stock airbox??? on both tests (with and without rage header)????
we did test on every set up - stock air box, injen intake, greddy exhaust and stock exhaust. i will pos the differences tom when i have the exact numbers from the shop.
Old 10-03-2004, 09:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SilentWrath* It's a JDM Star Bitches....SilentWrath* It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 34 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageDzine
we did test on every set up - stock air box, injen intake, greddy exhaust and stock exhaust. i will pos the differences tom when i have the exact numbers from the shop.
thank you much, that data would be very informative
<stock block d15b build complete.>
*Turbo Fabrication by Greg @ GO-AUTOWORKS.*

*Tuned by Howard @ RLZ Engineering.*

SilentWrath* is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2004, 06:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWrath*
thank you much, that data would be very informative
Here's what we have
run 1/2
stock manifold,exhaust,intake room temp83* car running temp hp97.8 tq93.8
run 3/4
rage header,stock exhaust, stock intake room temp97* car " " hp102.4 tq98.5
runs 5/10
trying overall timing changes liked 16*
run 11/12
rage header,greddy exhaust, stock cat room 88* car " " hp106.3 tq102.4

this is all i have but if you want anything else let me know.

AgentJam
info on the header

3/8 mild steel waterjet cut flange - tig welded - w/ o2 bung - we used 1 5/8 and 1 3/4 for runners. 2 inch on the tri-y and finally into 2.5 in the down pipe to the exhaust. These will be sold as a "race" header so the smog deal wont give us problems so you will have to do the final conection to the exhaust.....sorry.

i would also like to ask if anyone here has a 92 up that we could test fit and dyno this header on. it would need to have ac and ps --- we would need the car for two days.

Last edited by [email protected]; 10-04-2004 at 06:30 PM.
Old 10-04-2004, 07:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

Send a message via AIM to 89SiPimpin

Impressive numbers! Do these clear everything in the 88-91 Civics and Crx's?
89SiPimpin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2004, 08:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus zore
and who makes them ?
Rage Racing makes them. been in development a while and this is their header

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2004, 10:51 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 mynameistin  is accepted as part of the communitymynameistin  is accepted as part of the communitymynameistin  is accepted as part of the communitymynameistin  is accepted as part of the community
Send a message via AIM to mynameistin

they on sale yet?
mynameistin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2004, 06:44 AM   #18 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to dantheman

wow! That looks good. I wonder how it will do with a supercharger.
dantheman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2004, 07:06 AM   #19 (permalink)
bennjamin

prices please !

maybe interested fo DOHC d16a8
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2004, 01:40 PM   #20 (permalink)
average joe

S Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the sky

|
|
S Q A D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in