HID choice? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2008, 10:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default HID choice?

Looking for an HID kit for my 01 EM2.

so my question for you guys are is this a good choice?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Xenon...=p4506.c0.m245

or should i get a different one?
i want a 3000K (yellow) kit, so if anyone can help me or lead me in the right direction that would be awesome
and please don't be an at my nooby-ness

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"future plans 01 EM2"
Rota Gold D'2
Mugen front/rear lip
d17project is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2008, 02:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 97Ej6Mike is learning the way of the D97Ej6Mike is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 97Ej6Mike

Check your local laws before getting them.... SOme states dont allow amber/yellow as a main headlight color. WOuld hate to see you come to find that out the hard way through a ticket.

97 Civic Ek sedan
3-stage VTEC expert.
Autocrossing freak

Quote:
A loud echoing fart in the crapper is funny.
97Ej6Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2008, 03:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifes short, drive fast!

Rep Power: 19 Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

ive had two sets of pilot hid's(8000k on my old truck and now 6000k on the car), i havent had problems with either, great output and great looks! ive got both sets for $100 shipped off a seller on ebay, i think his name is greathidkits. he wants like $140 for them, just send in a best offer that totals $100 with shipping.

GO-AUTOWORKS.COM - The one and only, best of the Honda world!
No longer a D owner, but forever a D member
Max713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 03:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
I can't read...

Rep Power: 40 myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 48 reviews

4300k is white and 6000k is white/blueish. those are the brightest imo.

stay away from yellow unless its for your foglights.
i love to rape kids...*silence*

let me touch you.
myHonda1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2008, 08:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Is it a good choice? Hard to say. I try to stay away from ebay any chance i can get. If you want good lighting there are several sites where you can get them cheap after discounts.
prancer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2008, 08:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifes short, drive fast!

Rep Power: 19 Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by prancer View Post
Is it a good choice? Hard to say. I try to stay away from ebay any chance i can get. If you want good lighting there are several sites where you can get them cheap after discounts.
pilot is a name brand, theres nothing wrong with buying name brand stuff off ebay man...

GO-AUTOWORKS.COM - The one and only, best of the Honda world!
No longer a D owner, but forever a D member
Max713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2008, 08:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 vtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

4300-5000K is the only temp bulb I'll get.
vtec_bomber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2008, 08:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Smashing It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Smashing

http://www.intensehid.com/6000k.html

I <3
Smashing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2008, 09:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

everyone says stay away from yelow but why... any firsthand experience with them?
i dont have hids but i have had yellow headlight bulbs for 4 years id say.... the visibility is just as good as any other bulbs ive had

if i bought hids itd be the yellow color myself, call me a ricer but i like the look... especially with amber corners... oooo lol

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2008, 10:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Let's Go Oakland!

Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Psychoblue23

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec_bomber View Post
4300-5000K is the only temp bulb I'll get.
word anything over 4300 is just to brag...

HIDplanet.com retro ftmfw

- Current Daily

- Family Car
Psychoblue23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2008, 11:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

Send a message via AIM to 01_civic

so is that kit reliable from ebay?

["I'd Rather Drive a Slow Car Fast, Than a Fast Car Slow!
01_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2008, 04:24 AM   #12 (permalink)
I can't read...

Rep Power: 40 myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 48 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max713 View Post
pilot is a name brand, theres nothing wrong with buying name brand stuff off ebay man...
i have a 12000k pilot kit. been running fine for almost 2 years now. i love 'em!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb34 View Post
everyone says stay away from yelow but why... any firsthand experience with them?
i dont have hids but i have had yellow headlight bulbs for 4 years id say.... the visibility is just as good as any other bulbs ive had

if i bought hids itd be the yellow color myself, call me a ricer but i like the look... especially with amber corners... oooo lol
the only reason i say don't use yellow is because when i had yellow bulbs in i got pulled over about a half a dozen times for them...not worth it imo. but hey if you live somewhere where the cops arent assholes then more power to ya.

but i will say with yellow bulbs i could see everything!
i love to rape kids...*silence*

let me touch you.

Last edited by myHonda1; 10-24-2008 at 06:24 AM.
myHonda1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2008, 06:21 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

thanks everyone!

"future plans 01 EM2"
Rota Gold D'2
Mugen front/rear lip
d17project is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2008, 06:47 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

copied from the link he posted

3000K has an approximately 3200lm output, which is more than 3x the light output of the traditional halogen light. 3000K emits GOLDEN YELLOW color and offers superior penetration power during adverse weather epically in dense fog. The applications of the 3000K kit aim more towards secondary lighting apparatus such as high beam and fog lights. The 3000K capsule is actually a 5000K capsule specially coated with a film that filters out all the wave length except the range of wave length which emits yellow. This is the color temperature that will catch all the attention on the road.

lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in