Specs for a D17a - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2004, 09:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Soulless Send a message via MSN to Soulless
Default Specs for a D17a

I was wondering where i can find the specs on this motor..Like the stroke. Mainly the crank and rod specs.
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2004, 06:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

bump...i would like to see this as well

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2004, 03:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
dj02

from the horses mouth ofcorse link to specs
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2004, 08:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
pitchblacktyper

its SLOW and thats all you need to know
Old 08-11-2004, 09:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Rexinre Send a message via Skype™ to Rexinre

We need to sticky some things for the D-17. It should get some more attention then it is.

Check out my civic build here -->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rexinre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2004, 01:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
pitchblacktyper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchblacktyper
its SLOW and thats all you need to know
aside from the b21 non vtec motor in the old preludes, this is the next to ugliest stepchild honda ever produced.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
kyosoeg6

im personally looking for pics of the pistons. anyidea where to find that info from
Old 08-11-2004, 04:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchblacktyper
aside from the b21 non vtec motor in the old preludes, this is the next to ugliest stepchild honda ever produced.
I can agree with that one!

Old 08-12-2004, 09:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
pitchblacktyper

i think its 7thgencivic.com can hook you up on the pics. just have ta search around on there.
Old 08-13-2004, 07:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
there is a party in my pants and Lindsay Lohan is on the guest list

Rep Power: 16 stmotorsports will become famous soon enoughstmotorsports will become famous soon enoughstmotorsports will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexinre
I can agree with that one!
nah the d17s are good for some stuff, you just gotta know what stuff

stmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2004, 08:00 AM   #11 (permalink)
Premium Member

Just don't like the way it looks!

Old 08-14-2004, 10:48 AM   #12 (permalink)
pitchblacktyper

good for door props and rat mazes..
Old 08-15-2004, 01:40 AM   #13 (permalink)
Nor Cal D-series rider

Import Al It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Import Al Send a message via Yahoo to Import Al

The D17 hasn't been developed fully or received enough interest, but is a G engine. Its lite, torquey and has a tested design. It makes plenty of power with current kits like TSI extreme, Dezod, SF stage 2, DH-Racing, etc. 300+whp manual A2 in an HX and you'd be flying

Last edited by Import Al; 08-16-2004 at 06:43 PM.
Import Al is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2004, 04:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

I have plans to use the crank and rods...
Thats not what i was looking for...I want the specs like lenght of the rods..differnce in stroke of the cranks and such..
Old 08-17-2004, 06:19 PM   #15 (permalink)

Rep Power: 16 stmotorsports will become famous soon enoughstmotorsports will become famous soon enoughstmotorsports will become famous soon enough

'01+ D17* stroke is 94.4mm, rod length is *said* to be 140mm, piston compression height is *said* to be around 27mm...
I have a D17A2 (EX vtec model) head that I measured chambers, came out to 32.8 cc's

I've been meaning to dig my stuff out & get measurements, have had too many other projects goin on the last few weeks tho...

Hopefully I will get a chance to in the next few days, planning on measuring cc's of pistons also.

If you're trying to put all the stuff in an older D16 block, it does work- do a search on h-t and sohchondas (or see my sig )

Old 08-21-2004, 04:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
kyosoeg6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmotorsports
'01+ D17* stroke is 94.4mm, rod length is *said* to be 140mm, piston compression height is *said* to be around 27mm...
I have a D17A2 (EX vtec model) head that I measured chambers, came out to 32.8 cc's

I've been meaning to dig my stuff out & get measurements, have had too many other projects goin on the last few weeks tho...

Hopefully I will get a chance to in the next few days, planning on measuring cc's of pistons also.

If you're trying to put all the stuff in an older D16 block, it does work- do a search on h-t and sohchondas (or see my sig )

i did do a search on hondatech. ive found that the whole rotating assemblys fit in the d16block. however the compresion still sucks. under 10.0. what my question is, what pistons can i use or combanation of parts to get a comp ratio of about10.5-11.5
Old 08-25-2004, 02:19 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Well, I guess I will go ahead and tell you my plans...

D16z6 block and head
z6 pistons shaved 3 mms (so they dont stick out the block)
D17 crank, rods and oil pickup

from the person that had this motor , slightly different, used y8 instead of z6 block and head, it gave her 11.3:1 CR.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:29 AM   #18 (permalink)
ametzzz

is the d17 crank, rods, and oil pickup more efficient, lighter, or stronger?
Old 08-25-2004, 06:45 AM   #19 (permalink)
Premium Member

I heard that the rods were thinner then the d16s. Anyone else?

Old 08-27-2004, 06:21 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosoeg6
i did do a search on hondatech. ive found that the whole rotating assemblys fit in the d16block. however the compresion still sucks. under 10.0. what my question is, what pistons can i use or combanation of parts to get a comp ratio of about10.5-11.5
yep- thats been my entire hold up with my project, finding pistons. I know there has been some people talking about using normal 30mm compression height pistons (D16, non-vtec D15, etc) and just having them machined down to match the deck height, but I haven't spoken to anyone thats successfully pulled it off. I'm thinking of trying to find some d15 vtec or vitara pistons but i haven't been able to find any piston specs on the jdm d15Bs

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in