Hey guys long time, looking for insight - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2008, 05:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Hey guys long time, looking for insight

well bad news was driving this morning, passed a slow moving vehicle in the process i hit about 6k in 3rd and felt a shudder/pop, 4-5mins later while crusing a ticking/knocking noise happen to start.

looking for insight on where i should start, the noise is only while crusing alittle on accel not on decel or idle if you bring it up to 2k you can faintly hear it. No CEL. sounds like upper end noise

My boss thinks a broken wrist pin or cracked piston. The lead tech in my shop is going to rip her down ( i thankfully have an aftermarket warrenty).

we thought maybe a peice of carbon but after sucking water threw and a motorvac still there. I'm pulling the plug to #1 on monday, we isolated the nosie to #1 by killing the cylinder.

I will we gratful if someone has been here before.

I have 120k on it did the t-belt 2wks ago

alright thank you for any info you might have and i will post pics once i have some to post

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

6000k HID's
Yellow OEM fogs
REVO Technic SS W/bushings
2 1/4 cat-back
Megan Header w/downpipe
SRI
skunk2 springs
Rsx type s wheels
5lug conversion
VIS carbon hood and trunk lid
Type A sides
mugan front lip
red02ex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2008, 05:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 25 speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!
speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 22 reviews

I'll bet dollars to donuts it's a main or rod bearing. Drop the oil pan (oil still in it), pull the baffle out, and pour the oil out. My guess is you'll see a bunch of shavings in the bottom of the pan.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
speedfoos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2008, 07:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

i just changed the oil the old oil was very airated but that where we'll prolly start

6000k HID's
Yellow OEM fogs
2 1/4 cat-back
Megan Header w/downpipe
SRI
skunk2 springs
Rsx type s wheels
5lug conversion
Type A sides
mugan front lip

Old 09-27-2008, 07:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
It's that time again

Rep Power: 31 EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EJ1 SCRAPPIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfoos View Post
I'll bet dollars to donuts it's a main or rod bearing. Drop the oil pan (oil still in it), pull the baffle out, and pour the oil out. My guess is you'll see a bunch of shavings in the bottom of the pan.
this is where i'd start!

EJ1 SCRAPPIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2008, 07:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

i say bent rod same prob as in mine check the compression in the cylinder
2001 silver acura el d17a2 no badges/aem cai/skunk2 ss cat back system/magnaflow high flow cat converter/headman headers/16 inch aftermarket honda wheels wrapped in hancook ventus 205 45 16/tein ss full coilover suspension w pillow mounts/megan racing camber kit/clarion pro audio touch screen deck(not worth 600$) alpine 15inch type r sub w/ clarion amp rated at 830 rms
01elto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2008, 08:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01elto View Post
i say bent rod same prob as in mine check the compression in the cylinder
yeah happened to me too except i dropped down 2nd going 70 and flooded in the redline, threw a code but it went away after 2 days, sometimes my idle drops dangerously low to shutting off the car but other than that it still drives the same. If you have the money id say go and get it checked out.

"future plans 01 EM2"
Rota Gold D'2
Mugen front/rear lip
d17project is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2008, 09:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifes short, drive fast!

Rep Power: 19 Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

a bent rod, spun bearing, or anything else moving wud not go away if you killl the cylinder, it wud still be moving, thus still makin the sound.

GO-AUTOWORKS.COM - The one and only, best of the Honda world!
No longer a D owner, but forever a D member
Max713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2008, 10:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 21 boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostedsohc

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfoos View Post
il put my money and donuts thats this is your problem
boostedsohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2008, 07:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

yeah might be carbon it is weird the the nosie leaves when #1 is killed (taking the load off)

6000k HID's
Yellow OEM fogs
2 1/4 cat-back
Megan Header w/downpipe
SRI
skunk2 springs
Rsx type s wheels
5lug conversion
Type A sides
mugan front lip
Old 09-30-2008, 06:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

well update ill post pics tomorrow spun #1 rod bearing and #3 main bearing if warrenty denies my claim time to build it or swap it but ill be down for some time anways ttyl

6000k HID's
Yellow OEM fogs
2 1/4 cat-back
Megan Header w/downpipe
SRI
skunk2 springs
Rsx type s wheels
5lug conversion
Type A sides
mugan front lip
Old 10-06-2008, 07:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

Default Update

Well got a new engine today a Japenese D-17A had to change only the timeing belt but ill have some items form sale such as a wiring harness for vtec motor and a P/S pump among soem of the items anyway laters and ty for the help..

Also the turbo build begins Old motor still in good shape block in good shape time to start the build

6000k HID's
Yellow OEM fogs
2 1/4 cat-back
Megan Header w/downpipe
SRI
skunk2 springs
Rsx type s wheels
5lug conversion
Type A sides
mugan front lip
Old 10-06-2008, 07:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 smellslikerice is a name known to allsmellslikerice is a name known to allsmellslikerice is a name known to allsmellslikerice is a name known to allsmellslikerice is a name known to allsmellslikerice is a name known to allsmellslikerice is a name known to allsmellslikerice is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to smellslikerice

Quote:
Originally Posted by d17project View Post
yeah happened to me too except i dropped down 2nd going 70 and flooded in the redline, threw a code but it went away after 2 days, sometimes my idle drops dangerously low to shutting off the car but other than that it still drives the same. If you have the money id say go and get it checked out.
i have a question! haha

can your car go 70 in 2nd? lol
smellslikerice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2008, 09:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellslikerice View Post
i have a question! haha

can your car go 70 in 2nd? lol
dude i have no idea i just know when i put it in second on accident i held the clutch in and coasted in neutral into the off-lane and gave my car like a 10 minute break haha

i was scared shitless i thought i blew up my engine.

"future plans 01 EM2"
Rota Gold D'2
Mugen front/rear lip
d17project is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2008, 06:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

no it cuts off at anout 98 kn/h in 2nd
2001 silver acura el d17a2 no badges/aem cai/skunk2 ss cat back system/magnaflow high flow cat converter/headman headers/16 inch aftermarket honda wheels wrapped in hancook ventus 205 45 16/tein ss full coilover suspension w pillow mounts/megan racing camber kit/clarion pro audio touch screen deck(not worth 600$) alpine 15inch type r sub w/ clarion amp rated at 830 rms
01elto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in