K20a3 in 01 el - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 07:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default K20a3 in 01 el

now the i got scammed out of my last motor so i put peices together that i had in the hsed put a new timing belt and head gasket and made myself a motor just to find out i have a bent rod 120psi in #3 cylinder so time for a k swap cause i realy hate the d17 right now and being ths is gonna be the 5th motor i put in the car i want it done right

parts im getting soon

5spd tanny

k20a3
axels
ep3 wiring harness
mount kit
misc ep3 parts
ep3 ecu

now what i want to know is should i buy the hasport conversion harnes
s and if i do does it save alot of work and problems

and what elese would i need for the swap keep in mind i basicaly threw 1500$ out the window with bad motors in the last month and im going broke im only 18 and still in high school and going to colledge next september so i want to use as many parts from my em2 as possible

ps i have no ac what do i need to do to keep my p/s though?
2001 silver acura el d17a2 no badges/aem cai/skunk2 ss cat back system/magnaflow high flow cat converter/headman headers/16 inch aftermarket honda wheels wrapped in hancook ventus 205 45 16/tein ss full coilover suspension w pillow mounts/megan racing camber kit/clarion pro audio touch screen deck(not worth 600$) alpine 15inch type r sub w/ clarion amp rated at 830 rms
01elto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2008, 07:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
nonvtak ftw

Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Grounded

i know you will also need a reflash and the k20 subframe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

D-B-D-D-B-F-K-4G??
Grounded is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2008, 07:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 blackDseries is almost a somebodyblackDseries is almost a somebodyblackDseries is almost a somebodyblackDseries is almost a somebody

no reflash , hel need the ecu for the a3. than his keys matched to it. you will need an rsx subframe. yes its worth getting a harness to plug and play the rsx engine harness into the dash. get a good one from reputable company. look for them used as well. k20org is good site for that stuff. in order to run power steering , you simply need the power steering line out of an rsx buddy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
blackDseries is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 07:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
nonvtak ftw

Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Grounded

been awhile since i messed with a 7th. but you are right i remember now my friend could start my em2 with his ep3 key

D-B-D-D-B-F-K-4G??
Grounded is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2008, 04:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

what wiring would need to be done black d with the plug and play harness and is hasports any good?
2001 silver acura el d17a2 no badges/aem cai/skunk2 ss cat back system/magnaflow high flow cat converter/headman headers/16 inch aftermarket honda wheels wrapped in hancook ventus 205 45 16/tein ss full coilover suspension w pillow mounts/megan racing camber kit/clarion pro audio touch screen deck(not worth 600$) alpine 15inch type r sub w/ clarion amp rated at 830 rms
Old 09-24-2008, 05:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 blackDseries is almost a somebodyblackDseries is almost a somebodyblackDseries is almost a somebodyblackDseries is almost a somebody

well one of the ecu plugs is wired into the dash. one of the engine wiring harness plugs , plugs into the dash harness. so i think the conversion harness plugs into thse 2 plugs in the dash , and repins for the A3 harness. the a3 engine harness will go through your firewall and fit like stock pretty near. the A2 swap , the conversion harness would also have the relay added for the wideband primary o2 sensor. im somewhat guessing cause i dont know 100% , but i know the cars real well , and well , thats what would have to be done , haha.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

so just easy as plugging in hmmm i like it maybe the best 300$ i ever spend
Old 09-24-2008, 07:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

K so will the ps line form a ep3 civic for black d and what do you think about the price all i need for the swap except mounts and conversion harness for 1600$?
Old 09-26-2008, 01:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

ep3 PS line will work.

as far as your price , youd have to list what you mean , for me to say yes and than have you still need like a subframe or somin , than thats not a good deal really buddy. but if that actually comes with everything , than yes thats not bad. id wait it out for an a2 swap buddy if you can , they go for around 2500 bucks now wide open , sometimes less if you look around. thats with tranny. i know it sounds a little more than what your looking at for your plans , but the A2 is WEEELLLLLL wort it over the a3 , lol. just a suggestion though buddy , a3 swap would just hella fun too , better than d17 , lol.

Old 09-27-2008, 04:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

i think a d15 would be better than a d17 lmao but ill just see what happens and maybe do a head dwap in the futur and get k pro

parts are ep3 tranny
ep3 ecu
k20a3 comple motor with altenator and misc items
type s valve cover for bling purposus lol
axels from a ep3
ep3 subframe
wire harness
ps line form the ep3
and anything else i need buddy will throw in

so all for 1600$

Last edited by 01elto; 09-27-2008 at 04:56 AM.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

pretty smoking deal man.

Old 09-27-2008, 07:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

so what is listed would be pretty much all i need for the swap minus the mounts and the harness eh black d if so im gonna start soon
Old 09-27-2008, 04:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

thats correct.

Old 09-27-2008, 04:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

you need both harness , engine and charge harness , the charge harness you can unplug from underthe fuse box under the hood , and that will most likely plug right into your car , lol. if it reaches where it gotta go. if not , youl need to alter the A3 charge harness to fit in the car , nothing you cant handle im sure.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

well godam the k will be in as soon as i can get the mount kit and harness ill post pics for sure another diy k swap wont hurt i guesse
Old 09-28-2008, 06:09 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

um for the tranny will my stock shiftter assembly work or will i have to get the ep one along with the cables
Old 09-28-2008, 02:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

yes the shifter box in the car will work buddy , lol. you need rsx shifter cables though , em2 not long enough(forgot)

you use the power steering pump off of an rsx buddy is the only way unless you want to convert your em2 to EPS like the ep3.

Old 09-28-2008, 03:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

cool thanks alot black d i think this just about covers it
Old 09-28-2008, 03:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01elto View Post
cool thanks alot black d i think this just about covers it
BlackD also has a turbo K now, if he is who i think he is. Sexy as fuck engine in a delightfully sleeper package.

SOLD

...Gone back to the Chevy world again, but i'll be back behind the seat of a Honda again someday
Koots is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2008, 05:10 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series soldier

not anymore , lol. shes back to NA K for the winter , lol. will be busting out with BUILT boosted K in spring , maybe K24 bottom end if i can find one and afford in that time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in