Forged Pistons - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2004, 08:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Rexinre Send a message via Skype™ to Rexinre
Default Forged Pistons

Ok, I tried a little search and found nothing on forged pistons for D17 motors, which I thought was strange. I then called JE, and Arias and here is what they said.

JE said they could make a custom set for whoever decides to call them... They haven't had a lot of demand on these types of pistons so they don't see "shelf production" soon for the D17.
Arias: Spoke with Roger and Tom Young and they said they don't make shelf production for the D17 pistons either. You can however call them with your crank stroke info, CC size of the cylinder head, and standard Bore size... to see if they have anything in stock you can use that will fit to work. They do that a lot with older versions of cars and works great they said, he rattled off a bunch of examples but I can't remember. Roger also said not enough demand for the pistons so shelf production will not be soon either. If he gets 40 pistons on the same motor in demand they will put it into shelf production (FYI).

I only called those two companies if someone wants me to I will call others just give me the name!

Hope this helps

Check out my civic build here -->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rexinre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2004, 03:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Nor Cal D-series rider

Import Al It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Import Al Send a message via Yahoo to Import Al

rexinre, I would be curious to know if these or any other companies would make slightly lower c/r pistons, like 9.2 or so. I am curious because Stafford Fabrications, the main company making turbo kits for 7Gs, is trying to make their kit CARB-legal. Does anyone know the status of this? If it is going to or has already happened, companies like JE, Arias etc. might have the demand to make shelf-production D17 pistons. I'll go try and find out.
Import Al is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2004, 03:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Nor Cal D-series rider

Import Al It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Import Al Send a message via Yahoo to Import Al

SF wants 100 people to sign a petition to get their kits CARB legal and still be ULEV. They're at 51 and counting! C'mon people, make your Civic have twice the power and still be as clean and economical (while boosting) as before! I know the demand for internals would go up if the best kit was legal in CA; theres millions of new 'Vics here.
Import Al is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2004, 05:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

S Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

too bad , I dont have a 7th gen ....

:
S Q A D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2004, 09:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
exospeed*com

we are on the 7thgencivic.com board as well and we are doing some research on the limits of the D17 block right now. we can do sleeving on it and custom pistons as well.

Like I've mentioned on the 7thgen board, if anyone is down to get some pistons we can design the pistons to what you all want. I work closely with Tom Jung at Arias and we see each other on a weekly basis and I've been talkign to him about this for awhile. its just no one is that interested yet from what it seems on the board.

Wil
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2004, 08:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
dj02

i would be intrested in pistions for a n/a set up tho not FI.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2004, 08:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

just out of curiousity how much would a set of forged pistons be for the D17 creating 9:1 compresion. looking to eventually go to forced induction of some sort.

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2004, 12:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to freeturkeys

i'm also curious as to how much a set of pistons will run me for my d17... also i know the rod length is the same from d16 to d17... will a d16 rod (eagle?) fit in a d17 motor?
Old 07-19-2004, 02:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

i bet the pins are different, but i'm not sure. will, any input?

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in