more power? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2004, 05:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to freeturkeys
Default more power?

ok i have the blues. i bought this car without doing much research first, figuring the honda love for aftermarket accessories would follow after the year 2000... my god was i wrong... i guess what i am asking is, has anyone seen any fast (14s or lower) 7th gens aside from the ones with the sf kit (not very drawn to their customer service record)? i just have that need especially after driving my friends VERY hooked up srt4... idk i just would like to have a turbo... or something... help...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2004, 06:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
ssl2k

homemadeturbo.com

you could put together a kit for under $1500 for sure.

that'd put yer car at like 200whp no problem and into the 14s.

nathan
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2004, 10:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

do you know if there are any turbo manifolds available for the 7th gen? the only one i could find is the sf one and i am very leary about doing business with them... any opinions?

Old 07-01-2004, 10:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

S Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

best bet would be make a custom manifold and figure out a way to get more fuel into your d17a1 ...

tricky honda fuel systems
S Q A D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2004, 01:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

you can find turbo mani's for your d17 on ebay. or like sqad said have someone machine you one. that would be a good start.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2004, 08:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
dj02

s/f is not bad if they can get there shit togther.

there are other options to makeing your own set up. alot of people are peacing there own systems togther now. for manifolds u can look at ebay, hks makes a log style mani for our car. rev hard does as well.

my friend is selling a brand new turbodiscounters turbo for 2000 flat. never been installed. http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=154238 his name is jeff.

as for as the n/a side ehhhh thats comeing up slowly. i know exospeed is working on a block for our car. and someother goodies. other wise than that everything is custom built.
Old 07-02-2004, 10:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

i have heard that the ports line up on manifolds for d16s, if that's true, what i was thinking was buying an ssautochrome mani and getting a flange from a d17 welded on, do you think that would work ok? i know thew main complaints with the autochrome mani were the welds but if i was getting a new flange welded on wouldnt that eliminate that problem? and also, what do you think would be the best option for a turbo for our motor? i have been thinking about the gt25 but i dont know too much about turbos... also how about that disco potato turbo from the scc se-r? idk man anyone with ideas please respond... i have too many friends with mustangs that need a schooling!
Old 12-11-2004, 10:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
sohcD17

i was just looking at turbo mani's on robearracing.com they have one for the 01 and up civic for $319..try looking there
Old 12-31-2004, 09:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
phatcyclist

HKS makes a turbo manifold for the D17 motor, Internal wastegate type with a T25 flange.

Last edited by phatcyclist; 12-31-2004 at 09:34 AM.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:43 PM   #10 (permalink)

hks makes a log style, max rev makes an equal length, slp makes one too, dezod makes and equal length too i believe, but I think dezod or max rev may be the best bet.

TSI kit, Max Rev kit, Dezod kit, and SF kit can get you into 14's easy as long as you get it to a good tuner.
Jspek_Inspired is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2005, 03:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
dinglenuts

I'm assuming most of you 7th gen owners have been to 7thgencivic.com? I've spent hours and hours reading threads, searching etc, and lots of info is to be found. There are at least 15 regular members that have various turbo set ups, and I've found them helpful in answering all my questions. We should all share any interesting turbo info on here as we get it.
Old 01-08-2005, 05:11 PM   #12 (permalink)

I have the HKS Mani. The log style isnt as good but i picked mine up for 150 shipped and i see them all over the place at 200. This and my t25/28 hybrid turbo put me into the 14s at 5280 ft above sea level and 9psi of boost. Also i can beat my friends Evo8 by a car length. Anyways i just wanted to say my two cents on the HKS mani.
caorndorff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2007, 11:28 AM   #13 (permalink)

By the way, u should NEVER compare a dodge neon srt-4 to a honda civic. A turboed civic will eat alive a dodge neon Srt-4 any day. I dont care if the neon has over $10K in parts underneath the hood, in a year the best thing for that car would be selling it to a junkyard. For short go with a turbo with about 6-7 psi on a stock engine until you build it up. Your friend with the Srt-4 will probably realize what a real car is like when you let him drive your turboed honda civic. later
sportychris2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2007, 11:29 AM   #14 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

dude this is a 3 year old thread
5 of the people who have replied in it arent even members here anymore

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2007, 11:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
nonvtak ftw

Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Grounded

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb34 View Post
dude this is a 3 year old thread
5 of the people who have replied in it arent even members here anymore
we have the ability to read i also noticed this while paging down this thread

D-B-D-D-B-F-K-4G??
Grounded is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2007, 11:40 AM   #16 (permalink)
i shoot stuff

superdewey58 It's a JDM Star Bitches....superdewey58 It's a JDM Star Bitches....superdewey58 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to superdewey58

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportychris2 View Post
By the way, u should NEVER compare a dodge neon srt-4 to a honda civic. A turboed civic will eat alive a dodge neon Srt-4 any day. I dont care if the neon has over $10K in parts underneath the hood, in a year the best thing for that car would be selling it to a junkyard. For short go with a turbo with about 6-7 psi on a stock engine until you build it up. Your friend with the Srt-4 will probably realize what a real car is like when you let him drive your turboed honda civic. later
dude you are incorrect

do u live in south florida
Quote:
What happend to the hood? Looks like a fat girl jumped on it.
superdewey58 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2007, 01:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 25 speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!
speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 22 reviews

^^^ Exactly. There's a little orange SRT-4 that was running high 11s at the track when I went. My Civic couldn't even touch that even if someone knew how to drive it.

|
|
|
speedfoos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in