8.5:1 pistons being developed - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2006, 06:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
hondahoodlum

Default 8.5:1 pistons being developed

for the 7th gen guys out there wanting to eventually run mad boost levels, there is hope! i am talking to a guy from importperformanceparts.net(flatlander racing) and he has agreed to let the engineering dept. begin development on 8.5:1 comp. pistons. the reason i contacted him out of all is because my friend has a b series hatch and runs 15-23 psi of boost with some pistons from them and hasnt had any probs at in for over a year now. and best of all the price is 459/set!!! with rings, pins and locks price is going to be around $538 which is the cheapest yet! i told him 8.5:1 bc that is pretty much the ideal comp. ratio when it comes to high boost. please pm me or email me if interested so we can be the first to have these pistons. email:
[email protected]
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2006, 06:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

so why would someone have to email you, when obviously they could talk straight to the manufacturer and get the same deal?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2006, 06:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
hondahoodlum

i am the one who convinced him to make them, he is emailing me to keep me updated on the status of the progress. i'm just passing on the good news. theyre not finished yet, thats why im asking for the emails. basically to see who all will be interested, that way i can tell you guys the exact time they come out so you dont have to search around. so in short im saving you guys time. thanks.

Old 08-11-2006, 03:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 blackDseries is almost a somebodyblackDseries is almost a somebodyblackDseries is almost a somebodyblackDseries is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

pistons and rods and mechanical pieces arent the problem. as soon as they sell a fuel managment system besides AEM EMS which costs over 2000 , than well have somin. dont even say greddy emanage. greddy is garbage. i wouldnt buy an air freshener from them , lol.
also 8.5:1 is kinda low aint it how much boost you talking about? youl have no bottom end at all. zero.

Last edited by blackDseries; 08-11-2006 at 03:26 PM.
blackDseries is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2006, 08:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
hondahoodlum

these are for people who want to eventually run boost like a b series motor.....you know how you hear people making over 400whp on them. have you looked into a megasquirt unit? they are sold cheap bc you assemble it yourself but you can get them fully assembled already for a little more. it is full stand alone and is under $400, there is only one model that is $410 the others are cheaper.....it does everything you could possibly imagine and ive seen it on anything from a civic, to a mustang and even rotaries are running this unit. so that tells you how flexible these units are.

hope this helps:
here is all the info- http://www.megasquirt.info
here is a fully assembled unit for sale- http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/m...lete-c-25.html

as you can see there are 3 different ones, the complete megasquirt I is going to give you all the functions you need and its only $240!!! about the same cost as a gay A/F controller.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 RaveN1814 is learning the way of the DRaveN1814 is learning the way of the D

My friend runs megasquirt on his turbo '79 280zx.
RaveN1814 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2006, 06:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
hondahoodlum

maybe you can vouch for it then? has it done him right? i hear great things about them, it would be nice to hear it from a forum member who has seen it in action! oh and i found this too, it would be helpful in forced induction for the d17. its a modified fuel rail that will allow you to use a return line! and its only $100!!
http://www.streetlevelperformance.co...el%20Rail.html
Old 08-13-2006, 08:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 RaveN1814 is learning the way of the DRaveN1814 is learning the way of the D

It treats him perfectly fine. He's actually trying to convince me to use it instead of the apexi power fc, which I plan on running. It's so cool though, he'll just bring his laptop out with him: "hmmm, it sounds like it's not running right" go into his laptop, adjust the fuel maps and the car responds instantly. I think it's a great value.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 dkid15  is slowly gaining respectdkid15  is slowly gaining respectdkid15  is slowly gaining respectdkid15  is slowly gaining respectdkid15  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dkid15

Does this megasquirt have vtec engagement. If not what hare my other options for vtec engagement besides afc.
dkid15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2006, 06:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
hondahoodlum

i'll check into that but honestly if you're gonna run boost i hear that leaving your vtec alone is the best option. a matter of fact, tons of people have a vtec eliminator kit that bypasses the system entirely.....i hear it yields better results.
but here it is after a little searchin, you can have this company install this for you for a dirt cheap price! megasquirt kicks ass!
http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/p...ans-p-126.html
Old 08-13-2006, 07:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Don't think megasquirt has anything specifically for vtec, I'd have to double check though.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

www.raceeng.com
www.honda-performance.com
have pistons, rods and more
gmcuajo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2006, 03:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackDseries
dont even say greddy emanage. greddy is garbage. i wouldnt buy an air freshener from them , lol.
Why? Is too hard to tune or just don't do the work?
Old 08-14-2006, 07:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 blackDseries is almost a somebodyblackDseries is almost a somebodyblackDseries is almost a somebodyblackDseries is almost a somebody

im just boycotting greddy for thier customer service or lack of , and half ass parts if you ask me. but it would get the job done if thats all you can afford i guess. better than 2500 for an AEM EMS which is only other option , thats it.

and to buddy up there who says people are getting better results with VTEC eliminated , thats just silly , thats like saying an apple would taste better with poop on it , lol. VTEC gives the car more lift at high revs. you dont get more power from less lift is what im saying. and to Dkid , dont change anything to do with VTEC engagment for any application. its set where its at for a reason. cause thats where its most efficient.

blackDseries is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2006, 09:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackDseries
and to Dkid , dont change anything to do with VTEC engagment for any application. its set where its at for a reason. cause thats where its most efficient.
Most efficient with a stock engine. Now take a fully built NA/turbo engine and dyno it and see if you might need to fiddle with vtec engagement. Builthatch along with a few others on here I know of have changed their vtec engagement point on their motors and ended up with better results. Now, keep in mind, they didn't change it by drastic amounts and the new engagement point was carefully chosen with the help of a dyno.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:44 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 bense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropesbense is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

why not just use vx pistons and get 8.58:1 cr?

just get forged dupes of them

Last edited by bense; 08-15-2006 at 01:46 PM.
bense is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2006, 08:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bense
why not just use vx pistons and get 8.58:1 cr?

just get forged dupes of them
I don't know exactly what pistons are. But I guess, as every other, those pistons have more than 27mm of compression height and will hit the head. And with a longer stroke the compression rises.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:28 PM   #18 (permalink)
hondahoodlum

Here it is guys....the pistons are done! here is the number for the sales dept. 603-378-0090...they come in stock bore and .5 over, and by the way, wiesco is the manufacturer....and their customer service is top notch, very responsive!! this will be my last post as i got a SWEET deal on a 90 TII RX-7....$1500!!!! turbo, intercooled, rwd, independent suspension, and already has lsd...it will be my 4th one, hehe!! good luck on your projects...peace.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:53 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 Pvon  is slowly gaining respectPvon  is slowly gaining respectPvon  is slowly gaining respectPvon  is slowly gaining respectPvon  is slowly gaining respect
Send a message via AIM to Pvon

Haha you made that company make those and your not even buying em lol
Pvon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2007, 09:06 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 pearl62 is starting to learn the ropespearl62 is starting to learn the ropespearl62 is starting to learn the ropespearl62 is starting to learn the ropespearl62 is starting to learn the ropespearl62 is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackDseries View Post
... better than 2500 for an AEM EMS ...
Where are you guys getting this price from, direct from AEM? It's way cheaper than that from other vendors. A quick check on eBay has them for $1600 CDN, and if you watch out you'll find them cheaper (I've seen them go for as low as $600USD used).

In my opinion, if your thinking to boost, the EMS is a great choice. Just about anything you'd ever need is supported. The AEM support community is awesome too.

From my experience with eManage (or any piggyback really), it's just way to simple, and the Greddy support ranges from awful to non-existent.
pearl62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in