D15B VTEC for a 7th gen? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2006, 06:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 17 Dweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dweezil Send a message via Yahoo to Dweezil
Default D15B VTEC for a 7th gen?

Just found this, and wondering if anyone knew anything about it?

http://www.tigerjapanese.com/product...roducts_id=719

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Arrogent?

No, I, like a lot of people on this site, don't have time for dumbasses that type like a cat with downs syndrome.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

P28 Clone - $125 Each
Unchippable P28 - $65
Dweezil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2006, 06:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 EG8SIR is starting to learn the ropesEG8SIR is starting to learn the ropesEG8SIR is starting to learn the ropesEG8SIR is starting to learn the ropesEG8SIR is starting to learn the ropesEG8SIR is starting to learn the ropesEG8SIR is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Wow, Thats a D17. In Japan i know they dont have numbers for there engines sort of like our D15B8 or B7 or B2, its just D15B. I think some sellers have taken that and dubbed all SOHC Motor's D15B's.
EG8SIR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2006, 06:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

that site's prices are outrageous!

go with www.hmotorsonline.com

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2006, 06:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 17 Dweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by EG8SIR
Wow, Thats a D17. In Japan i know they dont have numbers for there engines sort of like our D15B8 or B7 or B2, its just D15B. I think some sellers have taken that and dubbed all SOHC Motor's D15B's.
That's why I was wondering. I know all about the lack of identifacation on JDM motors, like having to explain exactaly what ZC your running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx
that site's prices are outrageous!

go with www.hmotorsonline.com
I'm not in the market right now, just saw that and was wondering.

Quote:
Arrogent?

No, I, like a lot of people on this site, don't have time for dumbasses that type like a cat with downs syndrome.

P28 Clone - $125 Each
Unchippable P28 - $65
Old 08-10-2006, 06:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 EG8SIR is starting to learn the ropesEG8SIR is starting to learn the ropesEG8SIR is starting to learn the ropesEG8SIR is starting to learn the ropesEG8SIR is starting to learn the ropesEG8SIR is starting to learn the ropesEG8SIR is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

My ZC Is the JDM Version of the D16Z6, Which is the OBD1 SOHC Vtec Motor in America. Why not get a D16Z6? try finding one with 48k with tranny for $400 installed, BEYAW!!!
EG8SIR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2006, 07:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

Way ahead of you, I was just wondering if any of the 7th gen guys had heard of this, or if it was true.

Quote:
Arrogent?

P28 Clone - $125 Each
Unchippable P28 - $65
Old 08-11-2006, 08:44 AM   #7 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

lol that engine's a waste of time- the d15 post 2001 in vtec-e kicks out around 110hp.. its did not come in only JDM- lots of export Singapore, Indian & Sri Lankan cars come with the engine..
Pilawoos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2006, 03:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 blackDseries is almost a somebodyblackDseries is almost a somebodyblackDseries is almost a somebodyblackDseries is almost a somebody

you want a good sohc engine to swap into your 7th gen , go for a D16W8. its the only REAL vtec engine for 7th gens. same setup as a D16Y8.

blackDseries is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2006, 04:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

D16W8 is also a three stage vtec.
gmcuajo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2006, 07:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 blackDseries is almost a somebodyblackDseries is almost a somebodyblackDseries is almost a somebodyblackDseries is almost a somebody

negative i already told you man , theres no 3 stage VTEC. dont let the fact they call the lobes on the cam primary secondary and middle(when your reading specs or what not). theres 3 rockers on real VTEC not VTEC-E engines. 2 of the rockers the valves ride on all the time , and when VTEC engages both valves run on the middle one. 2 stages. as far as i know , there is only 3 SOHC engines that have real VTEC. D16Z6 , D16Y8 and D16W8(newest). and theres 3 SOHC VTEC-E engines , D16Y5 , D15Z1 , and D17A2.

Old 08-16-2006, 08:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

you are right!!!
gmcuajo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2006, 10:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

wooohooo , lol , just making sure you guys dont make any decisions without the right info my man. false info has started wars , lol.

Old 09-26-2006, 04:45 AM   #13 (permalink)
people337

no 3-stage VTEC?
http://asia.vtec.net/spfeature/vtecimpl/vtec1.html
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2006, 10:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

no my bad there is 3 stage vtec. but in my defense , only available in countries youl never see , lol. and theres only 1 ever , but 2 different gens , obd1 D15B , and obd2 D15B. but , theres somin new i was reading the other day. hondas comming out with an advanced VTEC engine , 2.4 I-VTEC(dont know code yet). im assuming , this is also going to be a 3 stage VTEC engine. but 3 stage I-VTEC.

Old 10-05-2006, 10:22 AM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

what about the vtec II system?Anybody knows how it works?
xrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2006, 03:28 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

vtec II is D16Z6 , D16Y8 setup. real sohc vtec.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in