New info on the intake manifold - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2006, 02:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 dkid15  is slowly gaining respectdkid15  is slowly gaining respectdkid15  is slowly gaining respectdkid15  is slowly gaining respectdkid15  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dkid15
Default New info on the intake manifold

SO last night i pm'ed multiple people on 7th gen about making an intake manifold for our car. I found out Dezod is on the project also with a fuel return kit. He said progress has been delayed so im thinking the final thing will come out in march or so. ALso KMS (honda) has come out with Higher comp pistons and an intake manifold, but i hear the quality on that is bad, so i dont know whats happening. But when dezod comes out with the fuel return there will be a lot of hope for us.
dkid15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2006, 04:07 AM   #2 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

if your talking about KMS from conyers ga.STAY AWAY from this guy,he is a rip off and a fraud...i know first hand.go with someone like C P,scat,EAGLE, ect.
punkr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2006, 04:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkid15
. But when dezod comes out with the fuel return there will be a lot of hope for us.
The fuel return kit isn't a hope. You can make your own return kit. Just need a regulator, braided hoses, some fittings, and do the work. The installation is basically take the pump, remove the regulator on it, drill a hole over the "pump mount" to place the fitting for the fuel return, drill and weld a fitting on the fuel rail, then install it like any other aftermarket FPR.

If you don't make any big changes in your engine you don't need a fuel return system. Use an A'pex! VAFC, SAFC or any other.
gmcuajo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2006, 04:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

I think he is talking about KMS from http://www.honda-performance.com
Old 08-06-2006, 04:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 dkid15  is slowly gaining respectdkid15  is slowly gaining respectdkid15  is slowly gaining respectdkid15  is slowly gaining respectdkid15  is slowly gaining respect

Yes but how many people want to do it their self. Not that many but i will. Plus there is already one out at http://www.streetlevelperformance.co...ion%20Kit.html
Old 08-06-2006, 05:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Are you the one building the d17 if so look at this thread http://www.7thgencivic.com/memberrid...imageuser=6533 He is laying down 135 whp with i/h/e and the stage 1 crower package partially tuned with apexi < which is a waste

He now has an intake manifold and greddy piggy back and he should be expecting around 150 tuned because i think the greddy allows 1000 more rpm and it was partially tuned.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:26 AM   #7 (permalink)

power mod list for that dyno is ported head, stage 2 cam/springs and ret. vafc, hp race header k&n fipk2 intake, bored throttle body. personally i don't see the 2-5 hp the vafc2 gets me as a waste. its all about pulling as much hp out of wherever you can. e manage although a better choice than vafc2will not increase your rev limit the ONLY way to do that is going with aem ems standalone. i'm done with the d17 i have a k20a2 thats waiting to be slapped in now. the d is fun tho
djmota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2006, 09:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkid15
Yes but how many people want to do it their self. Not that many but i will. Plus there is already one out at http://www.streetlevelperformance.co...ion%20Kit.html
Is good and is more than a return system: a Walbro pump, boost referencing presssure reg (a shit), braided hoses, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in