the car needs something - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2006, 01:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the B

Rep Power: 15 CIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CIVICRicerBoy
Question the car needs something

Hello all! I am new to the Honda world and this forum.

I have an 01 Civic DX. I installed a CAI, but I'm sure you all know that the DX is definitely lacking in the power field. So, I am looking for any input on what I can do to my car to give it a little more juice.

Thanks for the help!
Vouches: K2e2vin, superdewey58, csaddict, Low EG-T, singlecizam
CIVICRicerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2006, 06:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Tobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

What's your budget? Typical mods such as intake, header, exhaust really have a small impact on this gen civic. My advice...boost. If it's an option. If not, a step down to nitrous would also give some...juice!
Tobias is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2006, 08:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 15 CIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatness

Well, I was thinking about turbo but the one at dezod.com that you guys had recommended to other people is a little out of my price range. I hear headers arent't that expensive but installment is outrageous. Plus, finding anything for the DX seems to be an issue in itself.

Thanks for the help!

Old 03-29-2006, 10:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 samuraiz is starting to learn the ropessamuraiz is starting to learn the ropessamuraiz is starting to learn the ropessamuraiz is starting to learn the ropessamuraiz is starting to learn the ropessamuraiz is starting to learn the ropes
Send a message via AIM to samuraiz

What's your price range? How much of a power increase are you interested in? if you want an answer that applies to you, you need to give us some information that applies to you. Basic mods are Intake, header, exhaust. I don't know if the 7th gen manifold is any harder to work with, but if installing aftermarket headers is too complicated for you, maybe you shouldn't be doing your own work. For 7th gen your best bet is I/H/E + NOS, this has been covered alot and that's the conclusion that is generally reached.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

It's not that I can't do headers. My friend said he couldn't do it so I was strictly going on what he said.

Price range-- probably under $1K.

I'm new with this, but I'm not stupid by any means. I can do must stuff myself.

Will pulleys do anything for my car?

Thank you for your help guys!
Old 03-29-2006, 02:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 Sohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Save your money and boost it...
Sohc Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2006, 02:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series WTF?!?!

Rep Power: 21 MiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcano
MiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MiloReaper87 Send a message via Yahoo to MiloReaper87
Talking BOOST BOOST and MORE BOOST YEAH!!!

yeah i gonna agree with COUGH^^^^ cause Dx tranny is what lack in potential plus i will light her up removing simple stuff only if ur willing to safrice a few goodies Power steering, AC and other shit like that Interior stuff (only if u want a lil hidding WHP)
Check my photography
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CAUTION: Remoer and myself may
on a verbal war
MiloReaper87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2006, 05:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
I wanna be just like Jimmy!!

OniFactor It's a JDM Star Bitches....

installing a header isn't hard.. if you have a lift or jackstands/ramps. if you're just trying to do it, without being able to get under the car, your screwed.. but, as has been said, mild mods alone doesn't really help the 7th gen..

my one and only baby..

[br]
[br]
OniFactor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2006, 08:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

Does anybody know of a good turbo that doesn't costa fortune?

Thanks!
Old 03-30-2006, 05:16 PM   #10 (permalink)

Rep Power: 16 samuraiz is starting to learn the ropessamuraiz is starting to learn the ropessamuraiz is starting to learn the ropessamuraiz is starting to learn the ropessamuraiz is starting to learn the ropessamuraiz is starting to learn the ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIVICRicerBoy
Does anybody know of a good turbo that doesn't costa fortune?

Thanks!
I don't think they exist for the 7th gen civic. Ones that don't cost a fortune, i mean.

EDIT

Holy crap, you're from melbourne? I'm at UCF right now but Melbourne is my hometown! What HS did you go to? I'm EG 05
Old 03-30-2006, 05:22 PM   #11 (permalink)

Hate to send you to another forum, but d-series.org is pretty weak when it comes to 7th gen civics. We get like 1 new thread a month about the 7th gen. You might be interested in www.7thgencivic.com and specifically this FAQ about turbos: http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=174045
Old 03-30-2006, 05:28 PM   #12 (permalink)

I'm still at MHS. We killed EG this year in football. I live in Indialantic actually so I have to go over the freakin' causeway everyday to do ANYTHING. But thanks for the info on the car too!
Old 03-30-2006, 06:23 PM   #13 (permalink)

EG's football team hasn't been any good since MY freshman year. How's your crew team doing? I rowed in a four my freshman year and we kicked Mel High's butt, which is a pretty big deal since I weighed about 120lbs back then. When do you graduate and are you comming to UCF? Before you told me you went to MHS I thought you were someone I know, cuz I know a guy who drives an 01 Civic DX in melbourne, tho his might be an auto(gay).
Old 03-30-2006, 07:11 PM   #14 (permalink)

Well, now that I'm putting my age, I'll probably never get any help on this site again. I'm a freshman, 15. I've loved cars my whole life and love working on them.
In my opinion, nothing is better than that taking something apart on a car, fixing it, and it working.

On the Crew thing, I'm not sure. I haven't heard much about them this year.

On the college thing, right now I'm looking at NADC (Nashville Auto Diesel College). I want to go somewhere where I can learn about engines and body work. My plans are to have my own shop, but I guess we'll just have to see.

I hope people don't ignore everything I say because they know how young I am.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

noone is going to ignore you because of your age....
only things id say to do if your on a budget is i/h/e and then maybe some nitrous
then see how that satisfies your power need lol
after that if you dont want to spend mad cash on turbo then i would say do a k swap, but thats just me

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2006, 07:26 PM   #16 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Tobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to all

The header can be done. The only reason I can think of why your friend said it couldn't be done is the exhaust manifold/catalytic combo. Which means installing a header will eliminate your cat causing a CEL light.
Tobias is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2006, 04:32 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb34
noone is going to ignore you because of your age....
only things id say to do if your on a budget is i/h/e and then maybe some nitrous
then see how that satisfies your power need lol
after that if you dont want to spend mad cash on turbo then i would say do a k swap, but thats just me
I firmly agree with everything jimmy said!
Alot of us got started on cars at that age, so we know how it is.
i/h/e is the best place to start, and if you like to drag race, then add some NOS a good kit can be had for around 500$
W/ all the problems i hear about with 7th gen turbos, i'd definately go K once you get into that price range.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:22 AM   #18 (permalink)

I was really considering the K swap, but there's so muc involved in that that I can't do. Which means that I would have to take it to a shop and they charge ridiculous prices on stuff that only takes them a day.
I would like to do it but that would come in the very far future.
The K is the only one that will fit in my car right?

Thanks guys!
Old 03-31-2006, 09:37 AM   #19 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie

^^no i'm sure you can fabricate mounts to make other type motors fit into your engine bay...but take it from someone who used to own a 7th gen, GET RIDE OF IT, that is of course if you plan on racing/modifiying it...if you are looking for a nice car to just drive around in with decent gas mileage the 7th gen civic will do a FANTASTIC job...if you get a good suspension kit for it, do a little of this and a little of that, the car will become super nice...but as for performance, forget it...for one the car is heavier than previuos generations, doesn't have any more HP ot TQ, and the best thing to do to it, is to swap in the k-series motor...

i'm sorry to be the one to break the bad news to you, but without heavy knowledge in the d17 and ability to do major head work, and engine work, it is going to be very difficult to get any good amounts of power out it...

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2006, 09:53 AM   #20 (permalink)

Wow! That sucks for me I guess.

I'm sorry to change the subject of this, but has anyone had experience with CarSponsorships.com? They claim to be able to get you a sponsor, but I want a little more porrf before I give them my credit card number.

And, you said to get rid of my car? What year should I got with then?

Thank you guys for all of your input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in