Turbo d17 for under $500 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2006, 10:00 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Turbo d17 for under $500

Can i turbo my d17 (2002 civic hx) for less than $500 if so can you guys and gals help me out with some links to some ideas and links to pics of turbo d17's (never seen one) if not what is the cheapest i can do it for? Thanks.
Spitfire32888 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2006, 10:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

good luck with that...i haven't seen any cheap turbo manifolds for the d17...i bet you can probably do a home made set up for less than a 1000 though...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2006, 10:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

the only way thats happenin is if you fabticate pretty much everything and already have all the metal to frabricate it but maybe alittle over 1500 you could do it
4gcivic69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2006, 10:52 AM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 diz305chico will become famous soon enoughdiz305chico will become famous soon enoughdiz305chico will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

doubt it
diz305chico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2006, 10:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 Sohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom_junky
good luck with that...
+1
Sohc Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2006, 04:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Tobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to all

$500 bucks is in the range for bottle feeding your d17 not so much a turbo. If your on a budget, that's the best way to go!
Tobias is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2006, 05:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias
$500 bucks is in the range for bottle feeding your d17 not so much a turbo. If your on a budget, that's the best way to go!
Not necessarily....cause if ur on a budget and start spraying then what are you gonna do when u fry ur piston rings or ur engine starts knocking cause nothing was done to it to handle the spray.
drunknEK9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2006, 10:51 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Tobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to all

Well then I guess you spend A LITTLE XTRA 2 HANDLE IT!
Old 02-17-2006, 11:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunknEK9
Not necessarily....cause if ur on a budget and start spraying then what are you gonna do when u fry ur piston rings or ur engine starts knocking cause nothing was done to it to handle the spray.
Not if your gonna spray a low shot! I'm not talking 75-100 shot! If your that stupid to spray to the point of frying piston rings and knocking the engine, then your better of inhailing your n2o than injecting it 2 your manifold!
Old 02-18-2006, 05:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:

Everyone thinks N20 is so dangerous... Like 90% of the kits that are out on the market for imports are designed to run a 25-75 HP shot on stock engines and fuel systems with no timing retards or any type of engine management... just bolt in and go.

I know for a fact that the nitrous express stage one EFI wet kit is just like this from my own personal experience and they even state it on their website.

The only time I've even seen nitrous blow up a motor was after I installed a wet kit in a guy's Integra and he decided to spray a 75 shot for about 6 miles of driving on the highway. The recommended spray time with practically any nitrous system is 20 seconds at the most.

Yeah he basically blew the crap out of his motor but it was because of misuse of the system not having the nitrous itself...

Last edited by Falcon7; 02-18-2006 at 06:00 AM.
Falcon7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2006, 07:07 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias
Not if your gonna spray a low shot! I'm not talking 75-100 shot! If your that stupid to spray to the point of frying piston rings and knocking the engine, then your better of inhailing your n2o than injecting it 2 your manifold!
inhaling it wont hurt you....n20 is wut they use at dentist offices and hospitals...if uve ever had "laughing gas" thats n20.
drunknEK9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2006, 08:35 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
inhaling it wont hurt you....n20 is wut they use at dentist offices and hospitals...if uve ever had "laughing gas" thats n20.
Your dentist uses N20..that's what..20 nitrogen molicules! I know what nitrous oxide is, my mother is a dentist. As you quoted me I said your better off inhailing your nitrous, for a real good buzz, rather that run a 100 shot on stock internals. The person who started this thread wanted a turbo for $500. That's not gonna happen. So I merely suggested to run nitrous @ a low volume to gain some xtra Hp. That's all!
Old 02-18-2006, 09:17 AM   #13 (permalink)
I wanna be just like Jimmy!!

OniFactor It's a JDM Star Bitches....

n2o used for engines is totally different than the n2o used for laughing gas. FYI.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

my one and only baby..

[br]
[br]
OniFactor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2006, 09:41 AM   #14 (permalink)

Really...how totally different is it?http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/motm/n2o/n2oh.htm
Old 02-18-2006, 10:37 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

N2O for cars and industrial purposes is like 99% N2O and 1% sulfur to keep people from huffing it.

Medical grade N2O is pure N2O since it was made to be inhaled...

Medical and Industrial grade aren't "totally" different but there are differences.
Falcon7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2006, 12:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 X292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to X292J

maby if you had a DSM laying around with a thrown rod/colision or something of that matter im sure you could really ghetto fab evrything for 500, having that you already have tools and equipment laying around

X292J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2006, 08:30 AM   #17 (permalink)
boosted_EF

i was going to turbo my 04 but I just ended up spraying it because turbos are too much for a 04 and the fuel system is AWFULL. Returnless fuel systems suck because you cant raise the fuel pressure. If you want a good set up you have to make wat cardnoff (spelling?) did on 7thgencivic.com. He did a y8 intake manifold with a a fuel fuel return system so he could play with the fuel pressure.
I had a 75 shot for awhile and really loved and my car still runs fine after abotu 20 bottles run threw the motor.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2006, 06:34 AM   #18 (permalink)

Good Luck
fidencio74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2006, 07:11 AM   #19 (permalink)
D money

Quote:
WRONG WRONG WRONG.............dont ever inhale nitrous and yes i know what im talking about...try permanent nerve damage just for starters,if you think because you get it at a hospital its safe try a few dozen xrays,if i sound harsh im sorry but i dont want some kid reading that and thinking its ok to inhale the stuff.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2006, 07:58 AM   #20 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

^^bingo...why do you think dentist don't use the "laughin gas" unless they HAVE to...

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in