01 civic swap? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2006, 06:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
paully

Default 01 civic swap?

since 01 civic has a dseries engine in it can u put another desries engine in it with the same mounts?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2006, 07:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
TQ_

Quote:
Originally Posted by paully
since 01 civic has a dseries engine in it can u put another desries engine in it with the same mounts?

Probably not with the same mounts but you can put just about any engine in the 7th Gen. They have mounts for D's, B's, and K's.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

berettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

No you can only swap in the K series.
berettagtz117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2006, 11:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Rep Power: 32 remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 54 reviews
Send a message via AIM to remoer Send a message via MSN to remoer Send a message via Yahoo to remoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paully
but.... why?

The suspension should always be faster than the engine - BMW

The term stage was created to make mentally slow ppl feel physically fast.

my DOHC ZC - 133.73whp and 108.48wtq (tuned on a Dynojet)
remoer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2006, 12:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 samuraiz is starting to learn the ropessamuraiz is starting to learn the ropessamuraiz is starting to learn the ropessamuraiz is starting to learn the ropessamuraiz is starting to learn the ropessamuraiz is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to samuraiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by remoer
but.... why?
There are plenty of reasons. Blown motor, high miles, desire to tune with OBD1....
samuraiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2006, 12:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Tobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuraiz
There are plenty of reasons. Blown motor, high miles, desire to tune with OBD1....
Also 2 mention that the d17 is the least responsive to basic mods, returnless fuel system, and all around the bastard child of honda motors.
Tobias is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2006, 01:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 d16rice smells like Boratd16rice smells like Boratd16rice smells like Boratd16rice smells like Boratd16rice smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Don't meen to jack the thread, but would it be possible to put a Z6 or Y8 head on a d17 block and run this setup off of p28?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
d16rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2006, 01:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Tobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

I don't think so. But you may want to look into it. I've seen a d16 intake manifold on d17 so...
Tobias is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2006, 01:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 91_si_d16 Send a message via Yahoo to 91_si_d16

if you want i have a d16 intake manifold for sale if you want one.. just give me a price
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

91_si_d16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2006, 06:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie

the y8 mani will fit to the d17 WITH modifications, the bolt patterns don't completely match up together...and to answer the question about the head swapping, don't even bother tring or researching, cause the bolt patterns are different and the head gasket are different...in fact the d17 only shares the fact that it rotates counterclockwise, it is SOHC, same bore, and same flow priciples as all other d-series, and that is where the similarities end, they do not share the same bolt patterns, they don't share the same internals, cranks, oil filters, fuel systems, intake mani, gaskets, seals, camshaft, not even the same VTEC, the ex model uses the VTEC-E technology...the d17 is DEFINITLY the bastard child of the honda motors, not to mention that the motor doesn't hold up well to ANY over heating...if you drive an 01+ civic, the BEST upgrade you can do, short of a complete rebuild with aftermarket parts for the d17, is swapping in the k-series motors, those things are beautiful motors...hope this helps out...

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2006, 02:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
ALL MOTOR EM2

K20 is your best bang for the buck.
Old 04-06-2006, 04:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
decev

^^^ Just not the k20a3. Get the type S or R k20. I just read that that '02 civic si k20a3 is a I-VTEC-E. Whereas the k20a"X"s are I-VTEC. Beretta do you mean they directly swap in on the stock mounts?
Old 04-06-2006, 07:43 AM   #13 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

how much are the k20a3's going for? that wouldnt be a bad idea if its a good amount cheaper than the type s engines. that's the 02-03 civic si engine right?
white93ej1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2006, 08:21 AM   #14 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 hondajosh will become famous soon enoughhondajosh will become famous soon enoughhondajosh will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

HAHA D17 what a POS!! Go K20 or check the recent mags one of them is doing a D17 TURBO

hondajosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2006, 07:18 AM   #15 (permalink)
FAMILY MEMBER #316

rattmann316 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rattmann316

around my area, k20 swaps are damn near $10000. but that includes custom axles, header, wire harness, ecu, etc.... and that quote was for an EK, it might be different for yours.

New Whip: 94 DX Hatch w/ 64k original miles and no power steering.
Xbox Gamertag: Rattmann316
(if you tryin to get moked out in COD4)
rattmann316 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2006, 08:20 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 X292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to X292J

tsk tsk wats going on in here? k20!?! be ahamed its about teh R18 people

X292J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2006, 05:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the B

Rep Power: 15 CIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatness
Send a message via AIM to CIVICRicerBoy

I hear that you can get it done for around $6k-$7k, but I'm not really positive. I know it's a lot of work. I was looking to do one....I'm now going to sell my car and just get one that offers more options.

Good luck!
Vouches: K2e2vin, superdewey58, csaddict, Low EG-T, singlecizam
CIVICRicerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in