mods - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2006, 01:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to redex04
Default mods

i was wondering, what r some mods that i can do? i have a D17A2, and i would like to do some things to incrase my performance. would it be possible to do a regrind to my cam or anything thing at all. i am just trying to improve my car in some way other than suspension. thanks for any suggestions or comments that you can give me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
04 Civic EX coupe
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

^civicsi94 thanks for hooking it up
redex04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2006, 05:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

TURBO IT y0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol yeah boost it up!
Jdm_4_life 1234 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2006, 09:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
BiggyQ

There are actually a couple ways you can increase your performace. Obviously you can turbo the engine. For the head get some aftermarket cams by crower and get some valve and springs to balance out all the improvements.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2006, 07:05 AM   #4 (permalink)

berettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

Not much.. There is no aftermarket support for this motor.. I know because i own one. I have had mine for over 3 years and still nothing does anything for motor.. Turbo is no good for motor, it has returnless fuel system It cost alot of money and you get minimal gains plus the motor dont like it very well.. N20 is about the best bang for buck if you want more power, they can take a 55 shot pretty well but there not all that strong @ all..
berettagtz117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2006, 05:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
BiggyQ

There is actually some support for this engine. It isn't major support like the K or B series engines, but there is still some support coming from companies. A good example is dezod.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2006, 08:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

so when u say the motor wont respond well to the mods i might make, what do u mean by this? im currious about this, cuz i would like to make some extra power to mess around with.

04 Civic EX coupe

Old 01-26-2006, 08:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

intake, header, exhaust???? maybe
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2006, 05:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

i am seriously looking into get a header, but i want to know that i will have good results from doing it. please let me know what u think or guys who have made the mod b4 on a D17, plase let me know ur results? i would love to hear in thoughts or advice. thanks.

04 Civic EX coupe

Old 01-27-2006, 05:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

its the header that dragman99 is selling. what do u guys think?

04 Civic EX coupe

Old 01-27-2006, 05:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme

Richie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

will the d16 shit fit the d17??
Richie_A_19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2006, 06:49 AM   #11 (permalink)

berettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussie

I have 02Ex and I did I/H/E testpipe and I lossed power.. The DC header is the biggest waste of money out of all of them, it is actually smaller than OEM header here is my car www.cardomain.com/id/berettagtz117
If you want to go faster w/ this car the cheapest way like i said is N20.. If you want to perk the engine bay to make it look nicer and "SOUND" faster get intake/exhaust.. Otherwise its really not worth all that money..
Old 01-27-2006, 11:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by berettagtz117
I have 02Ex and I did I/H/E testpipe and I lossed power.. The DC header is the biggest waste of money out of all of them, it is actually smaller than OEM header here is my car www.cardomain.com/id/berettagtz117
If you want to go faster w/ this car the cheapest way like i said is N20.. If you want to perk the engine bay to make it look nicer and "SOUND" faster get intake/exhaust.. Otherwise its really not worth all that money..
Hey this is what I would do, get a nice AEM or DC intake, get a nice catback exhaust and fine a nice Nitrous kit, remember tuning is your friend in the world of modication to motors....... and remember to get colder plugs..... good luck!
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2006, 03:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 25 speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!
speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 22 reviews

I've got an 03 EX with the D17A2 and most everyone is right, you won't get a lot of gains from most of the stuff out there. However, (pause for effect), a couple things I have done is CA intake (Ebay special) and exhaust (N1 stealth from Nopi) and I have a header but just haven't installed it yet. The reason for that is the stock header is decently designed, IF you go in and do a poor man's port job on it. There is a lot of spatter from the production welds in there that dork up the airflow. These mods have made a little bit of difference that I can tell with the butt dyno. Best advice is to start your mods with a plan in mind. If you want to eventually try a turbo setup, build your motor up on the naturally aspirated side first. That way you still get the gains as you bolt-on parts, you don't waste money on parts you won't use on a turbo setup (like a header), and plus you get a good feel wrenching on your car. The most important part is that its easier to get good boost gains on 150-160 bhp modded NA engine than on a 127 bhp stocker. Check out dezodmotorsports.com for some cam options too.

|
|
|
speedfoos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2006, 08:16 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

so would a cam regrind be a waste? or would it be a decent one that i could still add stuff on later?

04 Civic EX coupe

Old 01-28-2006, 08:26 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

Unhappy

what a drag i read a post about cam regrinds and i cant get it done for my D17. it kinda bites to have gotten a honda to do mods but its not worth doing mods for......ohhhh well....i guess i will have to plan on buying something i can mod in the future

04 Civic EX coupe

Old 01-30-2006, 04:52 AM   #16 (permalink)

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

the d17 motors in general are about the worst motor the honda has ever made...i have tossed about 500 dollars in repairs into this motor and STILL can't get it to run like it used to (by this i mean like it did 3 MONTHS AGO!!!)...what originally started all this, is that the car over heated on the high way because the water pump failed...you over heat these engines just once, and all hell starts to break loose...right now i'm considerin a trade in...the trade in value of it is 5,000 dollars....i could just go out and get a 95 civic and get some cash with it too....hmmmm....

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2006, 06:04 AM   #17 (permalink)

^^ Yea that happen to my friend, he broke ringlands when his overheated, the gasket went and all..
Old 01-30-2006, 06:34 AM   #18 (permalink)

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

well shit, i think i will DEFINITELY get ride of this damn car this week then...a honda dealership has offered 5000 for trade in...maybe i can pawn it for that and go by a car for cheap and with cash left over...hmmmm...

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2006, 07:19 AM   #19 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Rexinre Send a message via Skype™ to Rexinre

Wow, I didn't know they were such crap motors... damn.

drop in the K motor for the win!!!!

Check out my civic build here -->

Rexinre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2006, 10:20 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series lover

ur saying the trade value for my engin is $5000 or 4 ur car?

04 Civic EX coupe

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in