Boring the cylinders - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2005, 10:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Boring the cylinders

I just want to install some OS 0.5mm OEM pistons (bore: 75.5mm) on my 01 civic. I already have the civic repair manual where they say the clearance between piston and cylinder wall... To install those bigger pistons I need a larger bore, how I can bore the cylinder for those pistons? I need micrometers to meassure and some other tools?

And do you think is well install those 75.5mm pistons, or is better the 75.25mm?

P.S.
When the part number says the piston come in a "set", it means a set of 4 pistons or a set of piston and the wrist pin? What price you think are those piston for a 01+ civic (repeat are OEM OS 0.5mm pistons)?
gmcuajo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2005, 05:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Tobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to allTobias is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Your best bet is 2 take the block to a machine shop that specializes in boring. As far as piston size bigger is better so the 75.5 is the way to go. And a set should be 4 pistons. Price wise...you'll have 2 shop around. Could be anywhere from the $300 to $500 range. I could be wrong so shop around!
Tobias is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2005, 07:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias
Your best bet is 2 take the block to a machine shop that specializes in boring. As far as piston size bigger is better so the 75.5 is the way to go. And a set should be 4 pistons. Price wise...you'll have 2 shop around. Could be anywhere from the $300 to $500 range. I could be wrong so shop around!
Boring will typically be about $15 per cylinder at least that's what it is around here.

Bigger is not always better. The gain in displacement in terms of whp from boring your cylinders out is negligible. Boring is not a "mod". I would take it to the machine shop and have them check the bores unless you have a dial bore gauge. If the bores are ok as is then I would leave them alone.
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in