d17 rods strenght ? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2005, 01:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Curious George

Rep Power: 18 Belette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Default d17 rods strenght ?

How many tq and hp can handle stock d17 rods ?

For N/A setup with small nitrous shot, should I upgrade to LS rods or aftermarket forged ?

thank you

Setup in building:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Video of my old setup:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Awesome Photography Thread:

Belette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2005, 11:21 AM   #2 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

They can take quite a bit of abuse. Turbo guys are easily pushing 200hp on stock internals. The weak spot is the rod bolts. these can stretch and cause a spun bearing. Crower makes rods for the d17 if you are interested.
djmota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2005, 11:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
Curious George

Rep Power: 18 Belette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

I will try to get tuner toys, less than half of crower price, if only available for d16, i'll shave rod bottom end

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Awesome Photography Thread:

Belette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2005, 12:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
big_daddy_b_99

just to let you know crower is probably the only one with internals for the d17 thanks to kezay of 7thgencivic.com who gave them a motor to r&d. crower is pricey but they are a very good company. and also on my 7thgen i ran a 75 shot ALL the time, and never had one problem with it. I sold it because at the time i knew that building that engine would be expensive, so that's why i have my d15b sol, which is gonna be boosted here in a month . good luck with the d17 though, the 7thgen is a nice car and loved mine.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2005, 07:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

berettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

There alright w/ good tune.. Remember "returnless fuel system
berettagtz117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2005, 01:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

as i understand it the stock rods are alight up to about 7psi depending on the turbo, but i am running eagle rods, daily driven on 11lbs
boostinsohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2005, 08:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
big_daddy_b_99

^ shit i know there are guys running 12psi with no internals and no problems what so ever. most of them are running 220-230 hp at they level i believe. now i know, catalyst, another 7thgenmember and sf turbo guys, has his built running higher boost and pushin over 300 hp. check out 7thgencivic and search it.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2005, 08:00 AM   #8 (permalink)

oh yeah man im only using a greddy kit, with the right turbo that would be no problem, and also what kinda dyno is that on?
boostinsohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2005, 03:17 PM   #9 (permalink)

My stock internals are holding up fine I have 106k on my d17a2 running 10psi.
Hyaboosta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in