New Member all motor help - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2005, 09:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
tmac14

Default New Member all motor help

Hey whats up all,

I bought a 2005 honda civic ex se. I wanted to drop a b series but I found out it would be a huge pain in the ass. So I wanted to just build my D and I wanted to keep it all motor, so under the hood it would still kinda look stock. I was just wondering if anyone would know where I could buy some high compression pistons, valve springs, rods, exc... So if anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and I hope to hear back.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2005, 09:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

S Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

start off slow , do easy things first

cold air intake, full exhaust, etc.
S Q A D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2005, 09:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
tmac14

already done

Old 09-04-2005, 05:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cool User Title Here

Location: 7.5 hours north of Modshxcivic, 6.5 hours north of Rexinre's house (he says only 5 hours) (MAINE)
Rep Power: 24 Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Honda4VW Send a message via MSN to Honda4VW Send a message via Yahoo to Honda4VW

Damn, a 05 and was already contemplating an engine swap

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Honda4VW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2005, 07:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
tmac14

Yeah my friends are tuners and im tying to stay up there with them.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:42 AM   #6 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

ebay!!!
eg6motion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2005, 09:56 AM   #7 (permalink)

berettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

No offense man but you shouldnt have bought 05 Civic if you want to be like your tuner buddies, I own a 02 Ex and there isnt shit you can do w/ them really they dont react too boltons @ all they allmost feel slower than stock w/ CAI/H/E.. If you want to put some power too the ground ever w/ that car contemplate K series transplant into it. Or save money up and buy older EF hatch Eg ect.. ANd build it, it will be lot less money and then you will have 05 for daily good gas mileage car..
But there is not lost hope man You can boost that bitch w/ a SF "Stafford Fabrications" kit. If you want more details on it LMK I will point you in right direction.

Last edited by berettagtz117; 09-04-2005 at 05:16 PM.
berettagtz117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2005, 08:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
big_daddy_b_99

boost isn't the only option anymore.. go to 7thgencivic.com and talk to kezay or look up his name on member search and read his threads on crower rebuilding his engine. he was the man who had crower do r&d on his motor so they can mass produce parts for everyone. his mod list right now is:

I\H\E
P&P D17A2 head (also milled)
AEM Power pullies
Crower stage 3 cams
Crower valve springs & Titanium Retainers
Crower Stainles steel valves
ARP head studs (tightned to 65 ft lbs)
AEM cam gear
CP forged 11.5 pistons
ACT Extreme 6 puck clutch with extreme pressure plate
ACT prolite flywheel
Tein SS suspension
Energy suspension full bushing kit
Koyo racing Radiator
B&M short shifter
DC5 ITR (K20A) injectors

he lives in the carribean and has gone against a DC5 ITR and beat it, not by much but a win is a win, now think of all that plus boost. The D17 has great potential, but since it is new all the parts are gonna cost lots of $$$$$
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in