01 Civic SC - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2005, 01:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 CivicY8 is learning the way of the DCivicY8 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default 01 Civic SC

MY buddy has a 01 2 dr lx non-vtec. My question is will the Jackson Racing supercharger fit from a 99-00 Civic and how hard would the install be? Should it just plug n play for the most part or will it need a decent amount of fabrication? Thanks.
CivicY8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2005, 08:05 AM   #2 (permalink)

berettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

Nope it wont work! Different bolt pattern ect.. I have seen somebody convert too Y8 mani on d17 but it was alot of work. And no results came out of doing it.
berettagtz117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2005, 01:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 CivicY8 is learning the way of the DCivicY8 is learning the way of the D

They don't have it on jackson's site but has anybody seen or done a sc d17? That would be a first and something pretty cool to do. Maybe somebody here may know of a place.

Old 09-03-2005, 03:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 boostREX is learning the way of the DboostREX is learning the way of the D

No one makes an S/C for the D17 that replaces the Intake mani. like the JRSC. Only thing you would be able to do is buy a vortech type and make custom brakets to hold it on, but in the end it would cost so damn much you might as well do a Turbo buildup.
boostREX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2005, 08:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
big_daddy_b_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by berettagtz117
Nope it wont work! Different bolt pattern ect.. I have seen somebody convert too Y8 mani on d17 but it was alot of work. And no results came out of doing it.
if your talkin about the guy from 7thgen, i think he ended up selling it too in the end if i'm not mistaken. yeah and as for JRSC don't count on it and don't believe the rumors that they are making one cause that is also false. boost is the only way to go.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2005, 08:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

just turbo it and be done.....
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2005, 11:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
91Bhatch

im sure you could do it , it probably will take a little bit of fabrication to get it to work
Old 10-24-2005, 12:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
StuckeyPCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Bhatch
im sure you could do it , it probably will take a little bit of fabrication to get it to work

From what I understand about the Y8 Manifold, two of the bolt holes had to be enlarged, and some wiring had to be done for the injectors, tps and iac sensors as well as a different throttle body. Other than that your other concern might be the fan belt and whether or not it will line up with some of the other accessories.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
singleslam_EM

exactly what did he have to do to the y8 intake. cuz i HATE the stupid ass plastic manifold on my 01 EX with the vertical throttle body?
Old 12-11-2005, 05:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
singleslam_EM

well what about the idle/air valve on the back of the Y8 intake, and on the throttle body on the A2? Or is it even worth it if i plan to run boost?
Old 12-11-2005, 05:58 PM   #11 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

my buddy on 7th gen has a civic and we both are wondering why they haven't come up with a s/c yet. Turbo kits are hard to come by too. I didn't think they were high compression motors. Is there a lack on space in the engine bay. I think I need to do my research.
hondaspeedquest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2005, 06:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 SovXietday is learning the way of the DSovXietday is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SovXietday

Simple really, they're bubble cars and were poorly made after 2000. The demand simply isn't there to make a SC or TC for a d17, because the cars they came with weren't hits in the import community.
SovXietday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2005, 11:14 PM   #13 (permalink)

thats why they are hopefully going to get the cars back on the streets with the new ones. The si will since its a similar k20 and the kit should be damn near close to bolt up. But i'm not 100% sure. anything is possible.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:16 PM   #14 (permalink)

berettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyblkVTEC
just turbo it and be done.....
berettagtz117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2005, 11:25 PM   #15 (permalink)

Im w/ Beretta on this one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in