anyway to bypass Vtec - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2015, 03:19 PM  
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default anyway to bypass Vtec

Hey guys,
I picked up a 01' EX coupe. CEL is on. throwing a vtec solenoid code. So i removed the valve today and discovered i was just fucked hardcore. someone must of blew the old head up on swapped it out with a non-vtec head. I have the d17a2 block with a nonvtec head. can I jump the wires somehow instead of replacing the head to get the CEL off? wasnt sure if i can find the hot wire on the Oil pressure switch and jump it with a wire to the single wire on the solenoid switch. Thanks guys.
stellsbells is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2015, 03:20 PM  
n00b

I will end up eventually putting the correct on so i have vtec. This is just a quick fix so i can my emissions bullshit.
Old 03-12-2015, 03:35 PM  
Never finishes (TWSS)

Rep Power: 18 Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Get a non vtec ecu

Old 03-12-2015, 07:12 PM  
n00b

I dont feel like doing a new ignition to though with a new set of keys. wouldnt I have to?
Old 03-12-2015, 07:18 PM  
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 24 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

You can hook up the vtec solenoid, but there may be a separate code for the oil pressure switch. I don't know much about the D17's, but on all earlier USDM vtec engines & k-series have them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
HiProfile is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2015, 07:27 PM  
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

find another head or enjoy the glow. k.i.s.s.
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2015, 07:29 PM  
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Not sure on the d17
But on d16 you ground out the oil psi switch and the cel goes off

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2015, 09:20 PM  
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HondaDNA

To swap the ECU on a 7th gen is super easy, but can be costly depending on where you go. The scan tool I have (Autel MaxiSys) all I do is hit ECM swap and cycle the ignition 5 times. Bam new ecu is flashed for the present keys

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...
HondaDNA is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2015, 11:10 AM  
n00b

sounds like a nice little scan tool. so i tried to run a jumper from the hot on the oil pressure to the hot on the solenoid, then i ran a ground from the oil pressure to the block... no dice. light kicks on even faster now. should I just try to ground out the oil pressure switch and leave the power alone? either i find a different head that was intended for the block or I can try a new ecu. Im sure a dealer could reflash it to my ignition for hefty price. what to do.. ill have to search around on craigs or ebay and see what I can find.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:42 PM  
D-series lover

Measure the resistance of a vtec solenoid and wire up a resistor in place of the solenoid.. The vtec pressure switch should have one wire coming from the ecu to the switch and the other wire on the switch goes to ground. When the switch closes(ie: adequate oil pressure) is will pass the ground to ecu. So just connect the wire to ground somewhere.
lostdrizzle is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2015, 06:44 PM  
D-series lover

Keep in mind if you get the rpm range where vtec engages you will likely fry the resistor
lostdrizzle is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2015, 08:56 AM  
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellsbells View Post
sounds like a nice little scan tool. so i tried to run a jumper from the hot on the oil pressure to the hot on the solenoid, then i ran a ground from the oil pressure to the block... no dice. light kicks on even faster now. should I just try to ground out the oil pressure switch and leave the power alone? either i find a different head that was intended for the block or I can try a new ecu. Im sure a dealer could reflash it to my ignition for hefty price. what to do.. ill have to search around on craigs or ebay and see what I can find.
Wow... Is it just me or is this wrong in so many ways? Without even looking at any wiring diagrams I would never try doing this as any solution. Ever.

You could have just shorted the vtec circuit perminently on your ecu with that little stunt.

At least lost is using actual tools and reasoning before just cramming any resistor in that shit.

Think before you just do shit. IMO, I think exile is right and you need to focus more on the oil pressure switch. And the VTEC solenoid might need a resistor for when it is engaged( if the light still shows), but the line *should* have zero continuity when not active. I'm not sure if having it constantly grounded through a resistor would still make the ecu cry wolf though.

*I'm only unsure about this shit because it's ten times easier to buy the correct parts for what you need in the first place...

|

#

!
Quote:
Start there, if you still cant figure it out, you are not going to.
How
to act on this forum...
Mr.Fodo is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2015, 03:06 PM  

Rep Power: 0 Thehagerbomb has been punished by the users of d-series.org

New computer or new head sound like the two most viable answers to me. IMHO

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thehagerbomb is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in