Questions on my 7th Gen 5spd sedan - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2014, 04:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Questions on my 7th Gen 5spd sedan

Hello everyone. I have not being on D-series for some time. A few years back, i owned an 1995 Blue/Green EH HB 5sp. Had plans for that car, but unfortunately it got rocked by a major hail storm. I promptly sold that car, and purchased a prestine 1998 black Integra RS. Did full ITR Suspension, Brake swap, with CTR red Recaros. Loved that car, but My wife and i had a boy a year ago. It was time for a 4dr.
So this brings us to why im back in the D-series family. The car i just purchased 3 weekes ago is a 2003 Civic Sedan, 5spd. It is silver, and in fantastic shape. This is my daily driver so am restricting mods to the suspension/Breaks, and doing the usual Bolt on power adders, and maybe a Mini Me swap on the stock D17. Soo i guess i want to start with the rear breaks. Before i get pummel with "Search Botton" blah blah comments, i am an experienced honda guy (With the EG/DC/EK Chassis cars) I want to do a rear disk conversion to it. I read in one of the VERY FEW articles that i was able to find on the subject that i need an EP3 SI rear disk assembly and RSX ebrake lines? does anyone have a decent link to a build thread on this? Would appreciate the help. Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MBGreek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2014, 05:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

gearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Hope this helps
06 CGP TSX - 6 speed DD
gearhead98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2014, 05:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Perfect! exactly what i needed. Thanks for the link.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 Fenris is approaching greatnessFenris is approaching greatnessFenris is approaching greatnessFenris is approaching greatnessFenris is approaching greatnessFenris is approaching greatnessFenris is approaching greatnessFenris is approaching greatnessFenris is approaching greatnessFenris is approaching greatnessFenris is approaching greatnessFenris is approaching greatnessFenris is approaching greatness

As far as bolt-on mods, they're not worth doing on the 7th gens. If you want to change the exhaust tone, change out the muffler, but to get any gains from the bolt-ons, you'll need to tune. And that's a couple grand...

R.I.P.:
95 Accord Wagon. F22B2

Quote:
i THINK the 01 calipers are turbo charged and the 95 are naturally aspirated.

Fenris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2014, 05:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

A fellow 7th gen sedan out there! Show me yours and I'll show you mine

As far as doing a mini me, it is possible but when you swap the computers out you will need to get the immobilzer bypass from k-tuned (ebay link) and of course use the d17a2 head. Or if you can sometimes you can find an ECU and key/switch setup on ebay so you will have a fully startable swap. Also you can get a crower cam with the stock ECU from what I have read. Also the rear brake swap can be had from the Si hatch up to 2003 because it had the 4 lug setup (but you can swap to a 5 lug if you wanted). You can check out my sig for my thread, I haven't done much to mine but if you have any questions feel free to ask them here or my thread.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2014, 08:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

gearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
As far as bolt-on mods, they're not worth doing on the 7th gens. If you want to change the exhaust tone, change out the muffler, but to get any gains from the bolt-ons, you'll need to tune. And that's a couple grand...
This is true. Unsure why but they just don't seem to respond as well to bolt ons as the previous generation. The motor has good potential.
06 CGP TSX - 6 speed DD
gearhead98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2014, 08:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Probably do to the ECU and more restrictive emissions, having to go with K-pro to be able to do any tuning is expensive for a D-series car, but you can still use it if you later decide to swap a K in it.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
Old 09-25-2014, 09:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Thanks for the Info boys! im not going to hunt down to much in performance upgrades. Just Suspension & Break mods, plus some visual updates. Not looking to make much power. Im looking at importing something in the spring from Japan. Will check out your thread BeerDrinkin. Thanks for coments boys.

Old 09-27-2014, 11:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Anything from the el 7th gen. Brakes, leather interior. Same concept as the 6th gen civics and els their basically the same car
Turbo EL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2014, 11:04 AM   #10 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Just for shits and giggles I will put this up here.

7th Gen all you need to know - Honda-Tech

Quote:

Last edited by BeerDrinkin; 09-29-2014 at 11:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in