Mini me on 2002 JDM D15B - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2013, 05:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Wink Mini me on 2002 JDM D15B

Hello to everyone,

Please help me to understand what head I could swap to on my D15B 2002 JDM block (Ferio, 7 gen). The thing is on auto tranny and auto tranny should be kept due to traffic issues. Should I consider 6 gen heads? D15BVTEC or D16Y8?

+ also any ideas of a well-priced 4-2-1 header for the thing?Would like to have one.

Thanks,
Ferio02own3r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

This could get tricky if your car is equipped with an immobolizer/transponder key (computer chip in key to prevent theft). Do you have to worry about emissions where you are at? If so you may not be able to do all this.

For headers I would go with DC sports or just get a cheap ebay like everyone else.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2013, 11:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 8 dseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
This could get tricky if your car is equipped with an immobolizer/transponder key (computer chip in key to prevent theft). Do you have to worry about emissions where you are at? If so you may not be able to do all this.

For headers I would go with DC sports or just get a cheap ebay like everyone else.
Some headers will not allow you to pass smog also. A lot of folks in Colorado fail due to headers.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

instagram @theerroneouspenguin
dseriesboulder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 01:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

That is why I asked about the emissions. I don't know what country he is posting from but it isn't this one.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2013, 01:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 8 dseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
That is why I asked about the emissions. I don't know what country he is posting from but it isn't this one.
I know. Lol.

I couldn't trade for a z6 swap cause I had ebay headers I'm it and they didn't know if it would pass emissions. I had gotten it passed with them on, but they didn't believe me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

instagram @theerroneouspenguin
dseriesboulder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2013, 10:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
This could get tricky if your car is equipped with an immobolizer/transponder key (computer chip in key to prevent theft). Do you have to worry about emissions where you are at? If so you may not be able to do all this..
At my place I think emissions should worry about me) (don't mind the german IP - it's a corporate one)
I would ask the previous owner about the immo - he had ordered a 2nd key (arrived with 1 key only), so he should know.

Quote:
90% of Ebay stuff is US-models oriented, so for my JDM make I would need some extra work on any chinese header I guess.. And actually if we talk about 4-2-1's - do they give ANY increase in performance?))

Last edited by Ferio02own3r; 10-08-2013 at 10:11 PM.
Ferio02own3r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2013, 06:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 Icarus is a name known to allIcarus is a name known to allIcarus is a name known to allIcarus is a name known to allIcarus is a name known to allIcarus is a name known to allIcarus is a name known to allIcarus is a name known to allIcarus is a name known to all

most of your answers can be answerd here...
7th Gen Honda Forum - The #1 Community for 2001-2005 Honda Civic Enthusiasts

you should have the 4-1 set up which you can buy direct replacements on ebay
(like everyone alse)

In SA they make a custom mild steel 4-2-1 so I know you can get them.
But I doup you will find much power.

I found a bigger improvement was replacing the down pipe.

All that is on 7thgenhonda.com
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2013, 09:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferio02own3r View Post
Please help me to understand what head I could swap to on my D15B 2002 JDM block (Ferio, 7 gen).
Your head code would then most likely be either the D15Y3 (non-VTEC) or the D15Y4 (VTEC-E). If you plan to increase engine displacement, then its actually the engine bock that you would change to get a D17Ax

I have a D15B block with a D15Y4 head as well (stock), but currently seeking to make more low-end torque. If you are keeping your 1493cc displacement then you would be better off doing both the intake and exhaust manifold swap as they actually compliment each other. Personally, I'd go boost, but I don't have space in my engine bay behind the radiator and exhaust manifold (EP1/EP2/EU1 chassis). I'm looking to do a catback setup myself but I'm yet to determine how much gains this will make.
Nitrous1024 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in