Need some direction... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2005, 10:02 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Need some direction...

Aight fellas...I have an 04 Honda Civic EX 2-Door coupe. I have around 35000 miles on the car already and I have raced this car alot since I got it...well, it happened, I have poping axles now...and I need to get some knew ones...so, does any one offer a STRONG set of axles for the 04 ex 5 speed???
Sweet2K4EX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2005, 11:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 juice91si is starting to learn the ropesjuice91si is starting to learn the ropesjuice91si is starting to learn the ropesjuice91si is starting to learn the ropesjuice91si is starting to learn the ropesjuice91si is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

hm, im not a driveline guru, but how many axles have you gone through?

if your motor is stock or close to stock, you shouldnt need stronger axles, i heard napa has lifetime axles, which means you can break em every week and grab a new set for nuthin.

something might not be lined up right if you keep breaking axles, my buddy's crx had the same problem, he found out that his frame was twisted or something iirc.

"what more can i say, i wouldnt be here today, if the oldskool didnt pave the way"

got rep?
<----------------------
juice91si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2005, 03:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

berettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

You dont need new axles for the d17Vtec"E" motor!!! It doesnt put out enough power or Torque to snap you headback let alone break a axle! I have one I would know.. Its your driving or something.. take it to dealer since you should still have Factory warranty..
berettagtz117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2005, 07:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

There is a company who makes upgraded axles for the d17 that can handle 300lb tq and up, but like everyone is saying unless your boosted you dont need stronger axles.
Jspek_Inspired is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2005, 05:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

just stop driving it so hard lol. That or go pick up some of the Lifetime Warrenties ones from Napa/Autozone, etc, etc
d16a6crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2005, 04:13 AM   #6 (permalink)

Well, I have done only small mods to the car...and I have raced the the car alot. The axles are sounding pretty bad and they are popping alot. Plus the dealership will not warrenty the car because of the mods I have done....which is stupid cause it is a catback and a CAI...that is all...oh yeah, my car must be one of a kind...cause it will set your head back into the seat!
Old 05-05-2005, 02:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

^^ well in no way does a cai, or catback cause the axle to go back so in reality you still have a warranty. You have not done anything to your drivetrain. Unless they can prove that the cai and catback caused the problem then there full of shit.
Jspek_Inspired is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2005, 05:22 AM   #8 (permalink)

True...but I have went to the dealership and they claim that ANY mods to the car will void the warenty.
Old 05-07-2005, 04:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

goto another dealership, i have broken my axles before as well, and yes it was my fault for being a dumb ass, anyways i had heavy 17" rims, meaning the tire+ wheel combo was taller and heavier=more stress on axles, and i also had the cai. by no means is this car a racer. i had to have the car towed to the honda dealership and thye said it'll take one day to fix, but had to wait for the parts to come in. i didn't pay a dime, don't get an axle that will take so much, you want either the axle to break or the clutch to slip so you don't break the tranny. so if i were you, i'd go to another dealer and tell them that the axles for some reason broke, do not tell them that the car was ever raced, if you say it was they will not work on your car for free, racing can void the warrenty.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2005, 05:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
I also have a cool title

Rep Power: 22 98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!
98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 98CiviCn00b

Put the stock box back in the car then take it to another dealership

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
waiting to hear from this dude right now bout that tranny. lol...hopefully he will meet me somewhere.
98CiviCn00b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2005, 04:37 AM   #11 (permalink)
Nor Cal D-series rider

Import Al It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Import Al Send a message via Yahoo to Import Al

http://www.gatorracingaxles.com/

To answer your question, these are the only guys I've heard of making stronger than stock custom axles for 7th gen civics.

(Not like you must have them, there are stock axle 250+ whp EM's out there.)

I should be the 7th gen forum mod....
Import Al is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2005, 08:46 PM   #12 (permalink)

well, there not broke yet...dont know if you understand that or not...they are just popping kinda bad right now. But I am gonna upgrade them regardless if the stockers can hold up to like 250...cause if I am gonna put some money in this car...it might as well be for the "good stuff"...all I want is a a stronger axle that I can rely on...not the stockers that will pop all the time and might break sooner then later.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:09 AM   #13 (permalink)

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie

the popping sound you are hearing might be the cv joints, which means the boot broke and let the grease out. either case replace the axle with a napa lifetime garantee, if and when you reach about 250+ then look into bigger better axles

Quote:

^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
Old 05-09-2005, 03:03 PM   #14 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Street2uned  is slowly gaining respectStreet2uned  is slowly gaining respectStreet2uned  is slowly gaining respectStreet2uned  is slowly gaining respectStreet2uned  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

unless you run slicks, I'd stick with the Napa axles. Have you lowered the car? That can put stress on them. Just go to a different dealership.
Street2uned is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2005, 03:57 AM   #15 (permalink)

well, I am just gonna upgrade piece by piece...so I am gonna upgrade when I do change them...the boot is not busted on the axle though...but it is the cv joint. plus...I just rolled over 36000 miles this morning and i have had the car only a year and 3 months.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:28 AM   #16 (permalink)

LMAO...you sound like me, if had my car for only 4 years, and i'm getting close to 90,000 miles on it. should be above that before the years ends...easily..

Quote:

^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
Old 05-12-2005, 07:58 AM   #17 (permalink)

yeah...I will be at least above 40 by the end of the year. I will have many more mile on this car before i go and buy another...I have already forked out $17,800 for the car already.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:26 AM   #18 (permalink)

car + mods, or just mods?

Quote:

^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
Old 05-16-2005, 10:48 AM   #19 (permalink)

that is just for the car. I have around 1500 for all the other crap that I have in it...mostly steareo though...
Old 06-02-2005, 09:56 AM   #20 (permalink)
grbudd

Default warranty

It is illegal for the dealership not to honor your warranty. http://www.granatellimotorsports.com...onmoss.htmship

Copy and paste this link to read about a law that protects you against the asshole dealerships. Hope this helps everyone out. Magnusson Moss Act,
Call the Federal trade commisson if you have problems with the dealerships or contact a warranty lawyer. Or threaten to do this it will work a lot of the time.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in