intake....... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2005, 03:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
mr.sleepy

Default intake.......

intake is plastic! wtf :shocked: .......... i want 2 boost! in not going 2 boost with that. anyone know of any good manifold. or will i have 2 weld one up?

Last edited by mr.sleepy; 05-01-2005 at 09:55 AM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2005, 10:25 AM   #2 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

pretty sure you can swap on other d-series intake manifolds. I've head of swapping d16y8
d16a6crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2005, 10:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series wise guy

Rep Power: 17 kommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kommon_sense Send a message via Yahoo to kommon_sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.sleepy
intake is plastic! wtf :shocked: .......... i want 2 boost! in not going 2 boost with that. anyone know of any good manifold. of will i have 2 weld one up?
what are you talking about? what car and engine do you have?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
kommon_sense is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2005, 11:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
ridin on rotas

Rep Power: 16 gftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gftgrill

the stock intake arm is plastic. it's designed that way for a reason. I double the manifold is plastic, if it were it would melt from the engine heat at operating temps.
Old 04-30-2005, 06:41 AM   #5 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

no guys. the intake MANIFOLD... like plenum, runners, etc.... the actual part the TB bolts to. its plastic on the d17a2 i have in the garage. I'm thinking its from the same GM technology that gave us the amazing d17 exhaust manifold.

The d17 is just a plain shitty design imo. very restricting. seems like an old DPFI setup modified to have 4 injectors.
d16a6crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2005, 08:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 16 shifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Does the D17 I/M have butterflies?
'90 Mazda Miata - Weekend Fun Car
'04 Toyota Prius - Wife / family car
shifty35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2005, 09:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
mr.sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommon_sense
what are you talking about? what car and engine do you have?
d17. have u seen one?
Old 05-01-2005, 03:32 PM   #8 (permalink)

berettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

Ya they suck.. But you can boost just fine w/ it. Lots of people boost their d17's on 7thgencivic and have no probs w/ it..
berettagtz117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2005, 02:51 PM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 boostREX is learning the way of the DboostREX is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

I think they do have butterflies. I have an 01 DX and the whole thing is plastic. It has some piece that is like a big plate that goes inbetween the mani. and the head. It's a crappy design, but I'm sure it will hold up. I dont think any companies make a decent replacement for it that isnt race only. BTW 01+ EX sux compared to 01+ DX. ex with 7whp more and 300 more lbs.. pfft. POS vtec-e
boostREX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2005, 02:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
02lx

yea, you can boost them pretty easy with no problems, some guys have been able to use the I/M from the D16y8, but it is alot of work involved into it. Remember this, we are having problems now because the aftermarket is trying to play catch up, as time goes on you will see more and more parts available for this engine, be patient, you can easily work with that you have. I agree that it is very restricting, but remember this boosting it right, will work on some of those restrictions i.e exhaust manifold, exhaust, injectors. You could also do some head work, that would will, if you can narrow it down where the only real place of weakness is the I/M it is just a matter of time before they start making after market ones, because everyone is bitching about that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in