avg fuel mileage - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2013, 02:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default avg fuel mileage

What do you guys avg in your 7th gen? I get about 30mpg but would like more.
dakota1820 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2013, 02:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

That's about tops.

My 5th gen with a d16y7 tube myself got 32mpg at most.

My 6th civic gets 28-30mpg.

I think only the 8th gen with vtec e gets 35mpg.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2013, 03:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Arent there some civics that will get almost 40?
dakota1820 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 04:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HondaDNA

My Integra gets 36-40, but I drive like a grandma because I have a rod knock.

Stupid Y series blocks....

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...
HondaDNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota1820 View Post
Arent there some civics that will get almost 40?
close to it but most are 06 and up.

I know the new 2013 civic gets like 40 freeway and 32 streets.

but to get great fuel mpg you need to have a wideband o2 and retune the car. There is only so much you can do with a stock setup tho.
And just make sure everything on the car is good. Spark plugs, wires, tire psi, engine health etc..

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2013, 05:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 Alston3ptSwish is almost a somebodyAlston3ptSwish is almost a somebodyAlston3ptSwish is almost a somebodyAlston3ptSwish is almost a somebody

My 5 speed d16z6 sol got about 38mpg every tank. 35mpg if i drove like an ass. and 40mpg if i took a highway trip to the beach. Literally would make it there in back in one tank(8 hour drive)

With the turbo on, i now get 30mpg every tank and thats with driving and using the turbo a good bit. I'd imagine if i stay out of boost i could get 34 mpg

My friends d16z6 94 coupe (auto) only gets 28mpg. The transmission makes a big difference on what mpg's you'll get
Alston3ptSwish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2013, 06:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 12 TheAssassin is hot as a volcanoTheAssassin is hot as a volcano
TheAssassin is hot as a volcano

My 5 speed turbo d16y8 gets 38-40mpg driven the way turbo cars are meant to be driven. Hard. With the AC on i get about 34-35 mpg.
My Build Thread

237 avg. hp 208 avg. tq 4750-7200rpm
Calculating Average Horsepower
TheAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2013, 09:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 18 snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!
snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

i get around 30ish on my dpfi 11.1 comp b2
snailslow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 HB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like Borat

My friend gets 30-35mpg in his auto 7th gen,
And I get 30-40mpg in my d16 turbo,
But it's all in the tune/ maintenance and how you drive.
HB turbo--> is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2013, 01:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Send a message via Yahoo to va 91 hatch

4th gen with 5th gen swap, D15b8 35 city 44 highway.

va 91 hatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2013, 08:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

ES2 7thgen ex sedan can pull a good 34highway /city ??
Totally stock engine with about 194k on the dash and eating oil

Last edited by Monster_Masshole; 07-15-2013 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Left out information
Monster_Masshole is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2013, 08:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 jabberwock is approaching greatnessjabberwock is approaching greatnessjabberwock is approaching greatnessjabberwock is approaching greatnessjabberwock is approaching greatnessjabberwock is approaching greatnessjabberwock is approaching greatnessjabberwock is approaching greatnessjabberwock is approaching greatnessjabberwock is approaching greatnessjabberwock is approaching greatnessjabberwock is approaching greatnessjabberwock is approaching greatness

I got 38-40 on my 8.8:1 turbo Z6 94 coupe. When I did vitaras it dropped to 35ish.
jabberwock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2013, 07:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Better late than never. I get 40-45 mpg with the almighty z1 with 16x7 wheels that makes a difference. On the regular vx 13x5 its up to 48ish on the granny driving.
BigBear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2013, 08:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 mrtodd is da #1 stunnamrtodd is da #1 stunnamrtodd is da #1 stunnamrtodd is da #1 stunnamrtodd is da #1 stunnamrtodd is da #1 stunnamrtodd is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

5G VX (D15Z1) was the MPG king, IMO.

My CX (5g D15B8 ) was getting a little over 40mpg if I were driving it gently. Then I cracked a ring.

My current 10.7:1 C/R D16Z6 is getting between 30.8 MPG and 41 MPG. All depends on how I drive. Lower number is from driving like an asshole, 41 is from driving veerrrrrrry gently, and mostly freeway miles. Also, this is running on my '92 CX hatchback, so it's nice and lightweight. I'm sure that helps a lot.

-

-

-
mrtodd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2013, 10:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 24 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!

My last EF sedan had a d15b2 w/z6 IM & converted to OBD1 running ectune. It got 40mpg, but actually a bit higher if I'd corrected for the larger integra tire size. That's mostly highway miles and slightly spirited accelleration. My two Z6 turbo engines usually got 25-30 MPG, but I have a heavy foot when a turbo is involved.

FYI some people think they can drive efficiently, but most people don't even come close to being a "hypermiler". I know I'm not.
HiProfile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2013, 10:40 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 kaiba  is accepted as part of the communitykaiba  is accepted as part of the communitykaiba  is accepted as part of the communitykaiba  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Already getting 56-57mpg. I'm now shooting for 60mpg with these new add on. Rear wheel cover and extended wing.

kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2013, 07:03 AM   #17 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 12 TheAssassin is hot as a volcanoTheAssassin is hot as a volcano
TheAssassin is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiProfile View Post
My last EF sedan had a d15b2 w/z6 IM & converted to OBD1 running ectune. It got 40mpg, but actually a bit higher if I'd corrected for the larger integra tire size. That's mostly highway miles and slightly spirited accelleration. My two Z6 turbo engines usually got 25-30 MPG, but I have a heavy foot when a turbo is involved.

FYI some people think they can drive efficiently, but most people don't even come close to being a "hypermiler". I know I'm not.
If I get 38-40mpg driving a turbo car hard, there's no way I'm going to waste driving like a hypermiller lol
My Build Thread

237 avg. hp 208 avg. tq 4750-7200rpm
Calculating Average Horsepower
TheAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2013, 08:34 AM   #18 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Rep Power: 22 rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

4th gen sedan w/B16a3
33mpg city/beating it
39mpghwy/beating it

I never drive it nice!!!!
You link all the grounds, then wire each solenoid into the spark plug wires, that way they hit sequentially as the engine fires. This creates what I like to call asphalt shattering VTEC.
rico58204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2013, 12:03 PM   #19 (permalink)
n00b

7th gen. civic D17A1; approx. 34-37.
civicinin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2013, 04:09 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 IanGrimmy smells like BoratIanGrimmy smells like BoratIanGrimmy smells like BoratIanGrimmy smells like BoratIanGrimmy smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

my stock 91 honda civic dx 5spd avg'd 47mpg last tank of gas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in