New here and look forward to the stay. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2013, 11:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default New here and look forward to the stay.

Hello, my names Dakota. I own a 04 civic vp . I here a lot of people dogging the 7th gens. Why is that ? Are head gasket really that bad? What causes them to fail? Also saw ac and alternators and suspensions are problematic? Do people over exaggerate this or is it true? Again I'm glad to be here. Thanks everyone !
dakota1820 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2013, 12:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 zachbanton is starting to learn the ropeszachbanton is starting to learn the ropeszachbanton is starting to learn the ropeszachbanton is starting to learn the ropeszachbanton is starting to learn the ropeszachbanton is starting to learn the ropeszachbanton is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Its a vp trim? 4-door automatic? What are you trying to do with it? just a dd or looks or performance?

No god Here
zachbanton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2013, 12:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Its just a dd. I do plan on window tinting and nicer wheels still factory size though.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

welcome.

and most 7gen get a bad rep because honda kind of drop the ball on them.
they did a lot of weird stuff.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2013, 03:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Like what is weird? Can you elaborate ?
Old 06-29-2013, 07:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 zachbanton is starting to learn the ropeszachbanton is starting to learn the ropeszachbanton is starting to learn the ropeszachbanton is starting to learn the ropeszachbanton is starting to learn the ropeszachbanton is starting to learn the ropeszachbanton is starting to learn the ropes

Just trade it in for a 96-98 Civic ex 5-speed....and call it a good day

No god Here
Old 06-29-2013, 09:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachbanton View Post
Just trade it in for a 96-98 Civic ex 5-speed....and call it a good day

I like my 7th gen. Hey your in hannibal, im in st clair mo. Cool to see anothe missourian around here.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota1820 View Post
I like my 7th gen. Hey your in hannibal, im in st clair mo. Cool to see anothe missourian around here.
ahhh...nice. We are few and far between. Seems like 90% of the users here are from cali

No god Here
Old 06-29-2013, 09:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

What an awful state cali is. Lol well pretty....just backwards.

I just don't know what is so wrong wirh the gen 7. Mines been good to me.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

What motor is in it? get some pics up of it. exterior and interior.

No god Here
Old 06-30-2013, 12:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

Here is a couple pics
Old 06-30-2013, 12:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

I have since removed the pin stripes and restored the headlights. I used a decal remover wheel for the pin stripes semi bad idea it leaves marks in the paint.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:20 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Look at the stamp on the block....if your standing at the front of your car, its below the head on the left side...it'll say D16y8 or D16y6 or B18c5 yadayadayada....that's the type of motor you got.....what is it? its obviously a D SOHC...maybe non vtec...cant see the selenoid

No god Here
Old 07-01-2013, 08:43 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachbanton View Post
Look at the stamp on the block....if your standing at the front of your car, its below the head on the left side...it'll say D16y8 or D16y6 or B18c5 yadayadayada....that's the type of motor you got.....what is it? its obviously a D SOHC...maybe non vtec...cant see the selenoid
It's going to be a d17 something. 110hp-125hp.
And from the pix it's the non vtec one so around 110hp.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

I'm pretty sure the value package only came with one engine..... D17a1 it's 115 hp
Old 07-01-2013, 08:49 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 32 Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota1820 View Post
What an awful state cali is. Lol well pretty....just backwards.

I just don't know what is so wrong wirh the gen 7. Mines been good to me.
You got that right, regarding California, I'm outta of here as soon as I figure out how to do it, you know, land a job somewhere else, pull together the funds to move, etc...

As to the 7th gen, I think they are good looking cars (much better looking than 8th to current), Honda changed the suspension pretty drastically, went from the double wishbone to a MacPherson strut if I am not mistaken. I've never driven one, but, having put many miles on my car, I can say I LOVE the suspension on my 5th gen, I cannot fathom why they would change it

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Cali Noob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in