P0430 and P0431 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction 7th Gen

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 06:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 Birdley97EKHB08 is learning the way of the DBirdley97EKHB08 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Birdley97EKHB08
Default P0430 and P0431

2003 Civic LX bone stock

When it is cold the car runs like crap and falls on its face then picks back up. I get CEL for P0430 and P0431 all pointing to the catalytic converter. But my experience with Honda's I've never had an issue with a cat on a civic with only 130k. I don't mind replacing the cat or o2 sensors. I have read that the cat can become clogged from a misfire engine. Never got a CEL for misfire or low voltage on o2. In the past I have had issues on a different civic misfiring bc of the distributor. Anyone have any related issue? I plan to check to make sure no major damage. After that possibly replace exhaust manifold/cat?

Any advice would help....

Thanks.
Birdley97EKHB08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 07:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Before replacing the cat I'd check the o2 ans see if they are working and see whale your car is running.. Or if the o2 are lazy then I'd switch them first and then check it again.. Your cat should be good since you've had no problems with your car
boosted ef9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2012, 06:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Joey Misanthropy

Rep Power: 16 Joseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Joseph Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted ef9 View Post
Before replacing the cat I'd check the o2 ans see if they are working and see whale your car is running.. Or if the o2 are lazy then I'd switch them first and then check it again.. Your cat should be good since you've had no problems with your car
On that topic, this is a great cheap way to check OBD2 datastreams, codes, etc.

Amazon.com: BAFX Products (TM) - ELM 327 Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool - For check engine light and other diagnostics - Android compatible: Car Electronics Amazon.com: BAFX Products (TM) - ELM 327 Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool - For check engine light and other diagnostics - Android compatible: Car Electronics

It streams to a freeware Torque app for Android (there's probably a variant for crApple, but those guys only care about blogging and can't change oil correctly), and can be used with most of the PC-based ELM327 scanner softwares.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Joseph Davis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2012, 07:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Joey your link sucks, however thanks for the tip, I'm buying one of those to see if it works in my Scion :P
signorelli21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in